BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Stoke City, 06/04/18, Ewood Park, 3pm Kick Off.

26 minutes ago, DE. said:

I've commented on this before - Mulgrew's body language after goals are conceded is absolutely pathetic. Same for the rest of the team, but he's supposed to be our captain. Instead he walks off, hands on hips, looking like a teenager who's just been told the WiFi isn't working. Not captain material and needs to be gone in the summer if possible. He's run his course here. His set-pieces are obviously going to be missed but we shouldn't be relying so heavily on them anyway. Plus an analysis I did a little while back shows we rarely actually win when Mulgrew scores.

Something I've also mentioned a few times since he's been here the old hands in the air hands on hips is normal for him and to me there's always been a touch of big time Charlie i'm too good for getting my hands dirty in this when things aren't going well yet when they are he's very much a hey look at me aren't I great character

Never rated him defensively as anything other than average on a good day I don't think he's good enough at all at this level but as a footballer he's a cultured left foot obviously. Like Evans and one of two others he never leads and never takes responsibility.

Fact he was signed under Coyle, came around same time as Stokes and practically runs the team as alluded to by Mowbray gets my tin foil creased a bit. He's also usually a shoe in when fit.

After reading SydneyRovers post coming from someone who is detacthed from it yet highlights the things we've now become used to and don't really notice anymore i'm more convinced than ever we really need a big change. Trouble is it seems the same old shit and largely same old key players whoever manages and i'l never ever move away from the suspicion there's more to team selections than meets the eye at Rovers whilst under this ownership, never !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

I suppose that leaves us with the following questions, which I will now answer   

• Will Mulgrew still be captain next year? Yes
  • Will the majority of Bennett, Evans, Smallwood and even Williams still be starting next season?  I would say there is a good chance we will play some games with all 4 of them playing 
  • Will we sign 3-4 players who will come straight into the starting 11? Going off what I have seen from Mowbray, I would say absolutely not. 

Worrying times indeed. We are in a right mess 

• Like 2

I'm as annoyed as the rest of you but Bennett and mulgrew have been good players and servants to this club. 

This season they have been as poor as anyone else but to say things like never rated and done nothing since signing as I have read is slightly harsh.

They need to go and we need better but let's not forget what they have done

• Like 5

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I'm as annoyed as the rest of you but Bennett and mulgrew have been good players and servants to this club. 

This season they have been as poor as anyone else but to say things like never rated and done nothing since signing as I have read is slightly harsh.

This is true and it isn't their fault that they haven't been given the support and help they should have been last summer and in January 

However i will add that Bennett and Mulgrew should be showing more leadership. Mulgrews body language is appalling and Bennett has disappeared off social media, which is a huge contrast to how vocal he was when things were going well. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

To be fair I think you'll find similar post on Mulgrew in the first season he was here certainly from me as I've always thought as a centre half he's often struggled a bit in this league. He's a good footballer no doubt and he was a cut above last season but lets not forget the OGs and bad back passes as well as other lapses.  Maybe it is just a concentration issue with him but he's been caught out time and time again this season and whilst his goals have been class and vital his other stuff has been a real mixed bag.

He deserves pulling up for the body language and lack of getting a grip of it on the pitch he's the team captain, runs the dressing room, has an input into everything else as one of TM senior group men and he's probably not far off the best paid player here.  He's also worshipped by most fans and has the loyalty of his manager.

He needs to up his game !   although he isn't alone in seemingly switching off halfway through this season so we need to ask why they suddenly all looked like they lacked motivation after January ?

Thought his decision to bring Williams on for Mulgrew was strange also. Lets not forget that his last appearance was Sheff Wed where he was at fault for their first, so why have Rodwell on the bench if your not going to bring him on when a CB goes down injured? Could've used that space for someone that might change the game like Chapman.

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This is true and it isn't their fault that they haven't been given the support and help they should have been last summer and in January 

However i will add that Bennett and Mulgrew should be showing more leadership. Mulgrews body language is appalling and Bennett has disappeared off social media, which is a huge contrast to how vocal he was when things were going well. 

Your last sentence could apply to one or two posters on here also. Only a couple of guys are still backing Mowbray and are prepared to come on here and say so. I might not agree with them but I admire their willingness to voice their opinions.

54 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I suppose that leaves us with the following questions, which I will now answer   

• Will Mulgrew still be captain next year? Yes
  • Will the majority of Bennett, Evans, Smallwood and even Williams still be starting next season?  I would say there is a good chance we will play some games with all 4 of them playing 
  • Will we sign 3-4 players who will come straight into the starting 11? Going off what I have seen from Mowbray, I would say absolutely not. 

Worrying times indeed. We are in a right mess 

My answers are Yes, Yes and No

I wish they were Maybe, No and Yes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Thought his decision to bring Williams on for Mulgrew was strange also. Lets not forget that his last appearance was Sheff Wed where he was at fault for their first, so why have Rodwell on the bench if your not going to bring him on when a CB goes down injured? Could've used that space for someone that might change the game like Chapman.

I'm thinking Williams will be 3rd choice centre back next season that would probably explain it.

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Your last sentence could apply to one or two posters on here also. Only a couple of guys are still backing Mowbray and are prepared to come on here and say so. I might not agree with them but I admire their willingness to voice their opinions.

Not sure what you mean here. I was a big supporter earlier in the season, but based on evidence I have now changed my opinion. I am sure others have done the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Something I've also mentioned a few times since he's been here the old hands in the air hands on hips is normal for him and to me there's always been a touch of big time Charlie i'm too good for getting my hands dirty in this when things aren't going well yet when they are he's very much a hey look at me aren't I great character

Never rated him defensively as anything other than average on a good day I don't think he's good enough at all at this level but as a footballer he's a cultured left foot obviously. Like Evans and one of two others he never leads and never takes responsibility.

Fact he was signed under Coyle, came around same time as Stokes and practically runs the team as alluded to by Mowbray gets my tin foil creased a bit. He's also usually a shoe in when fit.

After reading SydneyRovers post coming from someone who is detacthed from it yet highlights the things we've now become used to and don't really notice anymore i'm more convinced than ever we really need a big change. Trouble is it seems the same old shit and largely same old key players whoever manages and i'l never ever move away from the suspicion there's more to team selections than meets the eye at Rovers whilst under this ownership, never !

I have worried about what you state in your last sentence, from the very beginning, with these owners. Lots of stuff has never made sense and I immediately think back to the likes of Salgado being left out and Nelsen being on traction one minute and playing for Spurs the next. 

18 hours ago, tomphil said:

I'm thinking Williams will be 3rd choice centre back next season that would probably explain it.

It's infuriating because we all know how this goes with Del. Comes on, plays relatively steadily. Next match, starts, has a brain fart and ends up being at fault for a goal or two. Rinse and repeat every couple of weeks.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Well that's a depressing thought

Isn't it just but the long contract he's on, TM saying we are covered in that area when he let Downing go and his use of Williams all point to him being moved there eventually and back up for now to save a few quid.

His potential for that and him ever being consistent at LB lie firmly in league 1.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We just don't have enough winners in the team. Mulgrew aside, how many of them have ever won anything? We are a team of journeymen. You can't just expect them to turn into winners. We need experience and player who are winners in the summer 

Jack Rodwell won the PL.

Elliott Bennett won L1.

Craig Conway won the Championship and the Scottish Cup.

Derrick Williams won League One and the FL Trophy.

Slim pickings.

• Like 1