BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich Away KO change

Was always going to move and I'd prefer it to be at this time than on a Friday or Sunday.

I'm pleased Rovers are making some effort to reward travelling fans of what I expect will be a poorly attended game (dead rubber, £35 tickets, mammoth trip and live on TV).

Nonetheless as someone who goes to all away games via car or train once again I'm disappointed that the goodwill only extends as far as those who opt to travel by coach.

A coach ticket to Norwich would normally be £35+ per person, so if Rovers fund a 50 seater coach for free travel that is a hefty sum of money they are parting with. I think it would be better if they subsidised the tickets instead. If they knocked £20 a ticket off for adults you'd be treating everyone the same.

Disappointing that having spent fortunes going to all away games this season that me and my group will still have to pay £35 each plus the same in travel expenses to go to this game, shortly after spending heavily going to QPR, Sheff Weds and Villa, whilst someone who hasn't been to a single away game all season can turn up and go to Norwich for free because he's happy to go by coach and I'm not.

I fancied this as a weekend away, good pubs, last away game etc. Don't think I'll bother now. The night will be nearly over by the time the game is finished and they'll be in promotion party mode so pubs will be full of crowing canaries.

Edited by JHRover

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I fancied this as a weekend away, good pubs, last away game etc. Don't think I'll bother now. The night will be nearly over by the time the game is finished and they'll be in promotion party mode so pubs will be full of crowing canaries.

Surely they will be tweeting? 

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Night nearly over? It’ll be about twenty past nine.

You a young fogie or what? :D

Aye, sort of places I like will be shut by midnight. Will be pushing 10 by the time we get served after the game.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Was always going to move and I'd prefer it to be at this time than on a Friday or Sunday.

I'm pleased Rovers are making some effort to reward travelling fans of what I expect will be a poorly attended game (dead rubber, £35 tickets, mammoth trip and live on TV).

Nonetheless as someone who goes to all away games via car or train once again I'm disappointed that the goodwill only extends as far as those who opt to travel by coach.

A coach ticket to Norwich would normally be £35+ per person, so if Rovers fund a 50 seater coach for free travel that is a hefty sum of money they are parting with. I think it would be better if they subsidised the tickets instead. If they knocked £20 a ticket off for adults you'd be treating everyone the same.

Disappointing that having spent fortunes going to all away games this season that me and my group will still have to pay £35 each plus the same in travel expenses to go to this game, shortly after spending heavily going to QPR, Sheff Weds and Villa, whilst someone who hasn't been to a single away game all season can turn up and go to Norwich for free because he's happy to go by coach and I'm not.

Why dont you go on the coach then ?

We’d already booked a hotel anyway but on the basis rovers away is now 90% social aspect, 5% getting out the house and 5% rovers this ko rather eats into the night out. 

Was confident it would be moved due to the paymasters at sky so held off booking transport. Just looked and the train from Clitheroe to Norwich is £130. Ouch. Still would rather pay that or walk than get a bus free or otherwise.

Football has nothing to do with fans so already made my peace with a ludicrous ko whether it was Friday, Saturday night or Sunday.

Just now, matt83 said:

We’d already booked a hotel anyway but on the basis rovers away is now 90% social aspect, 5% getting out the house and 5% rovers this ko rather eats into the night out. 

Was confident it would be moved due to the paymasters at sky so held off booking transport. Just looked and the train from Clitheroe to Norwich is £130. Ouch. Still would rather pay that or walk than get a bus free or otherwise.

Football has nothing to do with fans so already made my peace with a ludicrous ko whether it was Friday, Saturday night or Sunday.

Each??

Good gesture by the club it's about time they did this although a bit sneaky seeing as they know not many will go anyway.  Hope we take full allocation and all coaches fill up, few extra grey hairs for Waggot !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Each??

Yeah. This football lark ain’t cheap if dont just want to be bussed to a turnstile and back again. Train from Clitheroe would be £130, hotel £70, ticket £35 so £235 before had a drop of beer or food. 

10 hours ago, renrag said:

If you haven’t already booked your travel, havre a look at going from Skipton for £79 return on ‘split my fare’

That’s a great shout actually reckon we’ll do that.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I always find you can get really good prices to Birmingham and sometimes London if you’re quick. But anywhere off the main line and the prices can be ridiculous.

Heading north to Scotland, Carlisle, Newcastle etc. tend to be better prices than going south.

It' slightly cheaper when I'm booking trains to London to go from Manchester than Preston. Bizarrely it also used to be cheaper to get the train from Lancaster to London than from Preston to London, and also cheaper to get a ticket from Preston to Wigan and Wigan to London on the same train than one ticket straight through.

• 3 weeks later...