ROVERS V Frank Lampards DCFC

4-3-3

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Rodwell Bell

—————-Travis—————

——-Dack———Rothwell—

Armstrong ————-Chapman

—————Brereton—————- 

Speed on the wings and guile in the midfield. Dack and Rothwell are both more than capable of playing in the driving midfielder roles, with Travis holding.

Not a Bennett, Evans or Smallwood in sight.

Graham won’t play and Brereton needs to score ASAP. 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

We need a performance, but I dont think we will get one.  We were lucky to get anything at Pride Park as Derby were all over us. Fortunately for us, their away form recently is not great.  Hoping we can become mathematically safe and soon so we can get prepping for the new season.  Chris Parson from the Steve Bloomers Washing podcast answered a few Derby related questions as we edge closer to kick off. 

• Like 1

We're a long way off Derby. They've got a good balance, lots of experienced leaders (Carson, Cole, Keogh, Johnson, Huddlestone, Nugent) mixed with lots of young exciting talent (Wilson, Mount, Lawrence, Holmes, Bogle, Tomori).

Looking at their bench from Saturday, not even their first 11, I think every player would walk in to our team at present. Think of our left back situation. Then realise they've got an absolute legend of a left back in Ashley Cole.... on the bench!

Only saving grace is they have been inconsistent for years and always seem to have a slip up on the horizon. Hoping they have an off day and we can battle for a point or 3 although that's certainly more hope than expectation.

Let's go out to try and cause them a few problems. Forget doubling up on below average deep lying mids, or playing crap 'defensive wingers' to cover the full backs to 'keep solid' as it has never worked and never will with the players we have. Would make logic with better players but it just doesn't with the current side.

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Rodwell Bell

Reed Evans Travis

Rothwell Brereton Arma

Not putting Evans in with a smile on my face but it's working with the tools we've got & see below point on Dack.

Rest Graham & Give BB a chance in the central role to grab that goal.

Reed and Travis to play a bit more advanced than usual but counting on their energy to get back and do some dirty work.

Chapman as an option from the bench with a point to prove to their manager, probably for an out of form Arma. Would be happy to see him start though.

Controversial but I think coming on off the bench (probably earlyish for Evans) will do Dack some good. Get a bit of fire in his belly, let him do what he does to let us know that he should be back to being the first name on the team sheet next Saturday.

COYB.

Rather than doing what the fans are asking I think TM will try and hunker down even more resulting in another drab horrible home defeat. 

I reckon hell go something like

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Williams

Bennett                                        Bell

Smallwood Evans Dack

Armstrong Graham

That team is horrible! 

Personally Id like to see a sod it, lets go attack attitude like everyone else on here. Rothwell, Travis, Dack, Armstrong, Brereton, Chapman and maybe even Butterworth, Rankin Costello from the U21s in the squad. Doubt it though.

Edited by benhben

We've been here long enough to know he's going to play safe. He's also going to go with Williams rather than Rodwell.  All the nonsense talk of giving their all means he'll not sprinkle the starting eleven with any life - and expect him to drop Rothwell for Conway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

We've been here long enough to know he's going to play safe. He's also going to go with Williams rather than Rodwell.  All the nonsense talk of giving their all means he'll not sprinkle the starting eleven with any life - and expect him to drop Rothwell for Conway.

Yep. He's already been banging on about how youthful and exciting they are ahead of tomorrow, so as you suggest, we can expect his 'warriors' to all take to the field in an effort to nullify them. I can foresee:

Raya
Nyambe Lenihan  Williams  Bell
Smallwood  Evans
Conway  Dack  Bennett
Graham

IMO, this would be completely the wrong road to take. We haven't scored at home in the first half FIFTEEN TIMES this season. That is nearly bloody reason alone to pot the bloke - it's embarrassing and will make any push for season tickets laughable at this stage. Just got at 'em Tony - you'll be far more likely to get backing from the support if you do, rather than to be sh*t scared of them and to see us go down by a couple of goals at home. If we set up defensively and they score early doors (weekly occurrence at present) then we all know what will happen as when we fall behind we look like not scoring again this side of Christmas.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

On 07/04/2019 at 11:42, blueboy3333 said:

Speeedddiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

My God...can you imagine what would happen if our present bunch of plodders came up against that Speedie inspired promotion side?...

My God:o

• Like 3

Just now, only2garners said:

Derby might have only won one in eight away from home but they scored 9 in their last two games - so 0-0 banker then.

I can see one of the teams ending with nil. 

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

My God...can you imagine what would happen if our present bunch of plodders came up against that Speedie inspired promotion side?...

My God:o

I'd love to see the Rovers version of Savage chasing Evans around in training matches everyday it might get some life into that particular passenger but yes it would be good to see Hendry, Moran and Speedie get amongst our present lot and hand them their arses.

Its just so lovely they are back together. I want to read about them every day, and just hope that one day Brad feels well enough emotionally to play for us again. If Olivia could also find a moment to wave to us from the Directors box it really would make it a season to remember. She's my Queen of ❤️'s. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Very worrying. But then what's to worry about, the lack of goals, the lack of clean sheets or the lack of points. Would feel a bit better if our manager wasn't lying or on cloud cookoo land thinking there were no problems. He can jog on and take Evans, Williams etc. With him