BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS V Frank Lampards DCFC

The problem is celebrity culture isn't the fault of people like his moronic girlfriend, its the fault of the people who let themselves be poisoned by it. Watching shite big brother, love Island or basically anything on ITV is truly low IQ stuff, dumbing down the masses and making us all superficial obsessed consumers. 

Unfortunately for Dack, this person has poisoned him so much that the thing that makes him unique in this world is no longer a priority to him anymore. 

From a business perspective, Rovers need to see this and get big money for him whilst they can. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

Oh Gawd.

Well I suppose she is a distraction from the football...

Monster game for Mowbray. Let's see a team capable of winning and then tactics which suggest winning is on the agenda. If he doesn't set Rovers up properly them his remaining support is going to drain away.

Revival by Rotherham, Millwall and Reading in recent weeks means it is now far from inconceivable to go down with 47 points this season and Boro are showing it is far from inconceivable to lose six on the bounce. So even a draw tonight would cheer the soul.

11 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

And the boss added: “It feels like fine margins. If we were out of games and not looking like getting the opposition goal then that would be a concern. That’s not the case."

Is there an algorithm that can work out WTF Mowbray is saying and means.

Does he want us or the opposition to score?

I fear Tony is heading for Hitler-in-his-bunker Downfall spoof territory if he carries on like this. If he plays Evans and Smallwood again the Riverside might spontaneously combust.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Surely we can't start Evans and Smallwood again, and I would bring Magloire back. Mulgrew has to be dropped due to being a massive walking liability.

Team for me :

------------------------Raya

Nyambe---Lenihan----Magloire----Bell

Chapman--Travis----Rodwell--Rothwell

----------------Graham---Dack

Why not just give it a go. 

We need a massive overhaul.

Magloire played for u/23s last night so he won’t start, if Mulgrew is unfit Williams will start,think Chapman will be on bench.

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I love that Sharpe has got himself an  'exclusive'. He's gone full tabloid.

Dack's a bit of a Gazza manchild. He's looked overweight for a few months and like you say doesn't appear to look after himself. He looked a very good Championship player early season when he was in good nick. Now he looks like a talented Sunday League piss head. 

John Robertson " lived out of the chip pan " but when it came to 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon he could do the business.

Rovers 0 - Derby as many as they feel like scoring.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

I think it is safe to assume now at this stage that Rodwell will be gone at the end of the season? Pity in my opinion that "Square pegs, round holes" Mowbray never gave him a proper run in midfield. I think we could have found a way to fit him in 

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Rodwell

Travis                    Reed 

Dack 

Armstrong      Graham

Q- But BDS you have no wingers and no width you crazy man

A- We don't have any wingers and nobody who plays there can cross the ball anyway

• Like 2

Scoring first in any game is important but looking at our home games so far we have only come from behind twice and then only drew (Reading and Rotherham). We have almost gone full circle from pre Christmas when we conceded lots of late goals to recently conceding early goals. There was a perceived mental weakness with the late goals but I honestly don't know why we have started conceding early too. Either way it shows another huge weakness in the squad and one I fully expect Lampard to be aware of and look to exploit.

I can't see anything other than a defeat with Mowbray saying we played well, worked hard yadda, yadda.

1 hour ago, Tom Stinny said:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Rodwell Bell 

Rothwell Reed Travis

Chapman Graham Armstrong 

The problem we have is the whole defence is extremely vulnerable  (probably worst Rovers defence in over 25 years of supporting the team). As a result it needs heavy duty protection.

433 is the sort of formation you can use if you're confident of overpowering the opposition. We just can't do that.

Inverse is in 4231 we end up with a static team mostly behind the ball. A diamond and we end up expecting our defensively poor defenders to overlap to provide width, which then leaves us further exposed. Play 3 at the back and Mulgrews, Williams and Rodwells lack of mobility gets brutally exposed.  Anyway you move the pieces around it looks a very very poor team at the moment.

We've got some individually okay players (Graham, Rothwell, Dack, Reed, plus Travis, Armstrong & Evans on a good day) but as a unit it's shocking because the defence is calamitous.

Get a proper centreback and decent fullbacks and we would be a totally different proposal. But who would trust Tony to find those? Plus if you take Graham out - and he's getting older all the time - and we don't have an effective striker.

It's really really bad. If we can't sign due to budget I would seriously consider going into next season mostly with the kids. That's not being hysterical, it literally looks a better option to me than persevering with Mulgrew, Smallwood, Williams etc. And I would never normally say anything like that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is this on IFollow? I don't know if I can be bothered with the Champions league on. We are just too hard to watch 

Yes, and I just bought a match pass. I wasn't going to, something just forced me to press the buttons.

If iFollow was as competent in all aspects of their match transmissions as they are in collecting the Fiver, which they did in a nano second, their video quality might be half decent.

As you say if it's shite there's always the CL

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes, and I just bought a match pass. I wasn't going to, something just forced me to press the buttons.

If iFollow was as competent in all aspects of their match transmissions as they are in collecting the Fiver, which they did in a nano second, their video quality might be half decent.

As you say if it's shite there's always the CL

True indeed. I will have us on the laptop and CL on the TV. 

I just find Ifollow to have an awful user interface. I repeatedly get lost trying to find where you buy the match pass. Other than that, I don't find it too bad. I actually like the 2 lads commentating. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

29 minutes ago, lraC said:

Its on Sky Red button, not I Follow, tonight. 

Its still on ifollow when its on red button, in fact sky use the ifollow broadcast and just add their own commentator.

• Like 1

Going down for the first time since sheff utd at home. Like my midweek games, wasnt going to bother with it being on sky, like i didnt with wigan game, but fancy watching some good football tonight (from derby). Now we are safe and yes we are safe, im not bothered if we get a tonking. Used to enjoy the midweek games in darwen end, thanks waggott.

Edited by AAK

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Scoring first in any game is important but looking at our home games so far we have only come from behind twice and then only drew (Reading and Rotherham). We have almost gone full circle from pre Christmas when we conceded lots of late goals to recently conceding early goals. There was a perceived mental weakness with the late goals but I honestly don't know why we have started conceding early too. Either way it shows another huge weakness in the squad and one I fully expect Lampard to be aware of and look to exploit.

I can't see anything other than a defeat with Mowbray saying we played well, worked hard yadda, yadda.

Because our defence is awful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

The problem we have is the whole defence is extremely vulnerable  (probably worst Rovers defence in over 25 years of supporting the team). As a result it needs heavy duty protection.

433 is the sort of formation you can use if you're confident of overpowering the opposition. We just can't do that.

Inverse is in 4231 we end up with a static team mostly behind the ball. A diamond and we end up expecting our defensively poor defenders to overlap to provide width, which then leaves us further exposed. Play 3 at the back and Mulgrews, Williams and Rodwells lack of mobility gets brutally exposed.  Anyway you move the pieces around it looks a very very poor team at the moment.

We've got some individually okay players (Graham, Rothwell, Dack, Reed, plus Travis, Armstrong & Evans on a good day) but as a unit it's shocking because the defence is calamitous.

Get a proper centreback and decent fullbacks and we would be a totally different proposal. But who would trust Tony to find those? Plus if you take Graham out - and he's getting older all the time - and we don't have an effective striker.

It's really really bad. If we can't sign due to budget I would seriously consider going into next season mostly with the kids. That's not being hysterical, it literally looks a better option to me than persevering with Mulgrew, Smallwood, Williams etc. And I would never normally say anything like that.

Understand what you mean. It's a lose-lose situation. I'd rather be entertained a little and just go with the mentality of stuff it we'll have a go too. I think we'll lose this one regardless of the recent form as they have better players all over the pitch.

The only player or two I'd take would be Graham and Dack possibly, can't say any of the rest would get in. Some might say Reed but they've got Mount, Wilson, Huddleston, Johnson the list keeps going. Maybe Lenihan as a rotation player at a stretch.

If we had a set way of playing that was effective I'd be more confident but I think this will be the game a lot of fans turn. Could be a 1-3 or 1-4 going off recent form. Hopefully it's not the case though.

As well as not wanting to see a midfield trio of Evans, Smallwood and Bennett. I don’t want to see Conway either. Mowbray is obsessed with the notion of Conway being able to counteract a flying winger and, in my book, he’s simply not equipped to do that job.

The reality is our squad is full of league one players unable to make the step up and aging championship players. Oh and the delightful soap opera that is Brad and Olivia. 

• Like 2

Start 442 even if it means Conway on the wing because Bennett is sure to be in somewhere so he might as well start on the right instead of god knows where. Get Brereton up front with Graham and just give it a go.

Leave Dack until the second half to bring on and shake things up you never kow at 442 we might get to half time 0-0.   No doubt Mowbray will base it all around nullifying the opposition but as usual in doing so will take away from our strengths and as a result there'll be odd tactics and selections and they won't work anyway.

Keep it simple man your players aren't good enough for anything else.

Has TM written off 3 at the back?

The more defenders tonight the better for me!

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Rodwell

Conway      Travis   Reed             Bell

Dack

Armstrong    Graham

(Obviously I know that it will be Williams > Rodwell, Bennett > Conway - but at least Conway can cross!)

Edited by S8 & Blue