BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Player of the Year

15 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Travis for me had to force his way into the team and hold down that place with I believe a manager who was waiting for the opportunity to replace him. Stood up to that pressure and more than earned his place. It’s a pity the manager can’t adopt the same sink or swim attitude with some of his other regulars.

I agree with this. I think considering Travis began the season in the u23 setup, broke into the team the hard way, seized his opportunity and has ranged between excellent and competent at worst in the Championship means he gets my vote. A significant step up made successfully. Just a shame it took so long and only happened one Smallwood was banned.

• Like 1

Really slim pickings based on regular game time.

It would be more interesting to debate best prospect of 201819:

Travis, Rothwell, and Reed would be the main candidates with, the slightly more established Lenihan still in the frame.

• Like 1

Graham - Keeps doing what it says on the tin and despite one or two negative comments about him he's a goal scorer plain and simple, an ageing one so he has to be well managed ( he is ) and he isn't going to tear arse around the pitch every game.

Without him we really would be fooked he gets the best out of Dack when he's up for it as well an I really don't think this management staff or owners would've had the first clue how to replace his goals had he gone so unlike some others he was worthy of his extension and should get another. And someone in summer to take the weight off his shoulders a bit next season, no Tony Dominic Samuel isn't that man !!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Noticed they’ve slipped Rothwell’s cracker into the GOTS competition...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/april/goal-of-the-season-2019/

I was wondering if they would! 

For me the best goals were Rothwells yesterday, Dacks against Carlisle or Reeds against West Brom. I think Dacks was the best, just it was against poorer opposition. The drag before the shot was lovely. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was wondering if they would! 

For me the best goals were Rothwells yesterday, Dacks against Carlisle or Reeds against West Brom. I think Dacks was the best, just it was against poorer opposition. The drag before the shot was lovely. 

I voted for Reed and will stick with that even though Rothwells was a cracker. I'm a good heart ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Voting now open

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/april/player-of-the-season-2018-19/

Get spamming the Breo button 

Looks like it accepts more than one vote if you quit the page and try again. Hopefully there is some kind of IP checker.

On balance, I think PotS should probably go to Lewis Travis. He has gone from being a regular U23 player to a an established first teamer that most fans would pick first for CM (or certainly second after Reid). He has certainly been the story of the season.

Graham has defied his age to have a great season, scoring 16, and Dack has had two great periods over the season and got 17 (both so far).

But I believe our season without Travis would have been a poorer one. He certainly changed our fortunes when he came in, and has been the engine in midfield. And he is still developing.

Just now, Stuart said:

Looks like it accepts more than one vote if you quit the page and try again. Hopefully there is some kind of IP checker.

On balance, I think PotS should probably go to Lewis Travis. He has gone from being a regular U23 player to a an established first teamer that most fans would pick first for CM (or certainly second after Reid). He has certainly been the story of the season.

Graham has defied his age to have a great season, scoring 16, and Dack has had two great periods over the season and got 17 (both so far).

But I believe our season without Travis would have been a poorer one. He certainly changed our fortunes when he came in, and has been the engine in midfield. And he is still developing.

Hard to argue against that, both DG and Trav in particular deserve plaudits, yet we’ve been spoilt by Dack not being quite as consistenly genius this year... but his stats are still amazing for his first year at this level.

Luckily we have the young player award too so both could get the recognition they deserve.

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Travis as good as hes been has only played for half a season, wed have been a lot worse off without Graham as we see in the time when hes not in the team.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Hard to argue against that, both DG and Trav in particular deserve plaudits, yet we’ve been spoilt by Dack not being quite as consistenly genius this year... but his stats are still amazing for his first year at this level.

Luckily we have the young player award too so both could get the recognition they deserve.

True. Trav is a shoe-in for young player, and being cynical Dack being crowned player of the season will help with his value in the transfer market. He hasn’t been consistently at his best in terms of what he can do (more in patches) but he seems to have avoided criticism of the type that has come Reid and Rothwell’s way. The fact that he has kept scoring as a result of being in the right place at the right time has very much helped though.

Unpopular opinion (which is actually most of my opinions :lol::

Unless he is prepared to bring in some better players to play with him then if someone offers £15m for Dack, I would sell, possibly for less.

I really wouldn’t.

Think of him more as an out and out striker and the goal return is still fantastic - just gone 25, his first year in the Champ... add to that the assists and general play that keeps us ticking over and our opponents occupied...

We’ll miss Dack more than we could yet imagine, and I fear we may find out.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I really wouldn’t.

Think of him more as an out and out striker and the goal return is still fantastic - just gone 25, his first year in the Champ... add to that the assists and general play that keeps us ticking over and our opponents occupied...

We’ll miss Dack more than we could yet imagine, and I fear we may find out.

We’d miss a fully focussed Dack massively. Wouldn’t miss the distracted Mr Attwood.

Which one will win?

Still at it...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8895829/olivia-attwood-bra-pants-bradley-dack/