BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

Regarding Jason Steele, Brighton have the misfortune of having him on their books. He signed for them in June 2018 and, so far, has made just the one appearance in the FA Cup. 

i dont think he was ever signed to genuinely actually start at any point. Just a cheap English keeper that keeps their homegrown quota up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

So is this the game my away hoodoo is broken?

So far I've been to Bristol City (4-1), Preston (4-1), Wigan (3-1), Sheffield United (3-0), Rotherham (3-2) and Sheffield Wednesday (4-2).

And a warning to other fans - I'm also going to QPR.

Very similar record to me on away days this season. Not seen us win.

Not going tomorrow either.

11 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Armstrong for Conway and Nyambe for Bennett. That might be our strongest team.

For as frustrating as Armstrong is, his pace is terrifying and gives Rothwell and Dack the option to "drop balls" in behind for him. 

Im not so sure, Armstrong is weak defensively - I think we need to be a bit more robust. Conway worked well with Dack and Rothwell on Tuesday.

I'd stick with the same team except Nyambe for Bennett.

• Like 1

I’m beginning to come round to not Nyambe at RB, he really is useless past the halfway line. Conway and Bennett have enough between them to offer something both defensively and offensively, so good enough till Summer then upgrade both.

Having seen us lose 6-1 at Forest in the league cup, I hold no fear for tomorrow.

0-3

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights of us beating them 3-1 under Bowyer at their place. Baptiste, Gestede (what a header) and Rhodes (what a finish) our scorers. We actually had some talent then and we didn't realise it. Cairney, Duffy, Marshall, olssons and a couple more. 

Another thing that struck me, what an underwhelming career Rhodes has had since leaving. I honestly thought that if a good Premier league team took a chance on him and got ball into him, he would bang them in. I'd say he is pretty much done now as far as playing Premier league is concerned. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just watched the highlights of us beating them 3-1 under Bowyer at their place. Baptiste, Gestede (what a header) and Rhodes (what a finish) our scorers. We actually had some talent then and we didn't realise it. Cairney, Duffy, Marshall, olssons and a couple more. 

Another thing that struck me, what an underwhelming career Rhodes has had since leaving. I honestly thought that if a good Premier league team took a chance on him and got ball into him, he would bang them in. I'd say he is pretty much done now as far as playing Premier league is concerned. 

Rhodes finishing is unreal, but every other aspect of his game is weak. Never seen a player for rovers so unbalanced in his talents.

I'd rather have Graham who does more to bring others into the game. That said Graham getting on now. We need another younger clever, powerful forward like him who can bring the best out of Dack, Rothwell and Chapman. Not got any suggestions mind... Must be someone out there. Maybe Gestede? He's got one year left on his deal so maybe possible. Though Boro probably paying him a fortune, and he's turned 30.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Have to laugh at the thought of people saying "Armstrong in for Conway", surely by now we have learned that there is no way Mowbray will ever start Armstrong, Dack, Rothwell & Graham in the same side.

Tomorrow, he'll keep Bennett at right back, bring Smallwood/Evans in for Conway, and Move Reed out to right midfield.

We'll lose 3-0 and be 2 down inside half an hour.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

Forest tomorrow will be far tougher than Derby.  They will be far more physical and aggressive.  I very much doubt we will be able to handle them.

I would go with the same team other than Nyambe for Bennett.

Think we will be well beaten tomorrow by at least two goals - it could get embarrassing.

I was thinking perhaps Forest will demonstrate 'Fortress Home mentality' and give us a reight beating, but then I reflected upon our own 'have a go spirit' having resurfaced last Tuesday, giving rise to the possibility that we might just give them a game. For me it hinges on what kit we wear. If it is that god-awful cheese feast that passes for the official away kit I am pretty  sure we will get tubbed. If we somehow wangle the right to sport the famous blue and white halves (no conflict with Forest's own home garb there) I think we could even take the points. 

Either way, we're on the road to nowhere...(for the rest of this season anyhow....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARhmeG691Xg

• Like 1

I’m hoping after Tuesday Mowbray has seen the light. Let’s not worry about what the opposition can do let the opposition worry about what we can do to them. We might lose but I can stomach defeats easier if I feel we’ve tried to win.

I just hope the Evans/smallwood partnership sitting in front of the back 4 has been consigned to the ash heap of history. Suppose it’s a little too much to hope Bennett doesn’t get a start (no 10, rb so he’s probably due a start on the wing) 

• Like 3

Mowbray has during his stint with us said that if a player comes into the starting 11 and plays well then the shirt his to lose.

His past history does not always support this concept so I am awaiting todays starting 11 eagerly.

Basically everyone v Derby performed well so barring injuries they should start.

A bit of courage by Mowbray is needed so I hope he slept well and didn't wake up with some madcap idea that involves tinkering just for the hell of it.

If it aint fecked, don't fix it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

I was thinking perhaps Forest will demonstrate 'Fortress Home mentality' and give us a reight beating, but then I reflected upon our own 'have a go spirit' having resurfaced last Tuesday, giving rise to the possibility that we might just give them a game. For me it hinges on what kit we wear. If it is that god-awful cheese feast that passes for the official away kit I am pretty  sure we will get tubbed. If we somehow wangle the right to sport the famous blue and white halves (no conflict with Forest's own home garb there) I think we could even take the points. 

Either way, we're on the road to nowhere...(for the rest of this season anyhow....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARhmeG691Xg

We aren't playing in " the famous blue and white halves " at the moment which ever way you look at it. We've had some crap kits over the past 20 years or so but the current kit is the worst by a long way. It's an embarrassment.

• Like 4

• Backroom

We're far worse defensively away from home, so there's really no point in switching back to a more 'defensive minded' formation with the likes of Evans and Smallwood ambling around in midfield. It's been proven 100% ineffective. We aren't going to go down at this point so why not keep the faith with the lads who put in such a good performance on Tuesday and see what happens? I'd rather lose by being brave than lose by reverting to the same cowardly tactics and team selection we've seen for months now.

• Like 3