BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, roversfan99 said:

But surely winning whilst (incrementally) experimenting would be better than losing whilst experimenting?

I'd like to see Nyambe over Bennett, Chapman along with Dack and Rothwell, and Rodwell (CM) and Davenport both given chances alongside Travis.

I’m confused by this post.

Your second sentence I agree with, plus reward for an U23 graduate in each game.

However, this comes at the risk of your first sentence.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

A winning run is a winning run. I do get you though. Although even with our best 11 I don't think we would have made the play offs. 

100%, get Brereton in now. Absolutely no reason why not. 

Brereton has had plenty of chances. I'd rather us give Butterworth/Buckley a chance to see if they can cut it.

• Like 4

Just now, Stuart said:

I’m confused by this post.

Your second sentence I agree with, plus reward for an U23 graduate in each game.

However, this comes at the risk of your first sentence.

For me, it depends on what the primary objective is of experimenting in the first place.

The main aim has to be trying to find solutions from within our current squad that could potentially improve us moving into next season. Rewarding academy players is a noble objective but a secondary one. 

The changes I suggested are what I perceive to be the most likely in terms of improving our 11 with players we already have. The likes of Chapman, Davenport and Nyambe are I would suggest far closer to being ready to come into our team on a regular basis, and putting them in I wouldnt expect to particularly disrupt or hinder our chances of getting results. Rodwell is obviously an experienced first teamer, but we havent really seen his undoubted quality in his natural position. We may well have an added bit of quality to bring in under our nose that we have misused so far to cover shortfalls elsewhere.

I would like to see Butterworth in particular, but the problem is I want to see Rothwell, Dack and Chapman given time together specifically with an eye on next season. Butterworth and Buckley are players I would suggest that are more likely to come off the bench, and it is more useful to have them on there than players like Evans and Smallwood. But they wouldnt be token gestures as a reward, otherwise youd chuck a few in together. Results are still important.

If we can't give Brereton a start up top and go full attacking vs what will (99%) be an already relegated Bolton a week on Monday, I will be worried. 

Nyambe and Bell at fb, Reed and Travis in midfield, Rothwell, Dack, Brereton and Armstrong / Chapman / Graham.

Brereton REALLY needs a goal before the end of the season just to put a slight positive spin on... anything.

Can we send Evans, Smallwood, Mulgrew, Bennett, Conway etc off on their summer hols now and give the unknown (potentially better) future a chance when were finally playing on the front foot around the Dack-Rothwell-Travis-Lenihan-Reed nucleus.

C'mon Tony. Think.

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

If we can't give Brereton a start up top and go full attacking vs what will (99%) be an already relegated Bolton a week on Monday, I will be worried. 

Nyambe and Bell at fb, Reed and Travis in midfield, Rothwell, Dack, Brereton and Armstrong / Chapman / Graham.

Brereton REALLY needs a goal before the end of the season just to put a slight positive spin on... anything.

Can we send Evans, Smallwood, Mulgrew, Bennett, Conway etc off on their summer hols now and give the unknown (potentially better) future a chance when were finally playing on the front foot around the Dack-Rothwell-Travis-Lenihan-Reed nucleus.

C'mon Tony. Think.

Tony is a man who over-thinks. He should be throwing caution to the wind, don’t think! Feel!

• Like 1

Unless he has made noises about staying I’m not sure I’d be playing Reed at all.

My worry though is that, with our league status secure, Mowbray will start tinkering with formations that try to prove Evans and Smallwood can work.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

When the pressure is off 

The pressure won't be off him. The only time the pressure will lift of him is when he puts in some performances to warrant such a large fee. If Graham isn't going to be playing then Nuttall should have a game he's done more than Brereton this season despite playing less. Assuming we still play with 1 up front next season then Graham and a new signing will be competing for first and second choice then I would have Nuttall as 3rd choice. I would send Brereton out on loan because he is miles away from being able to help us push for a top 6 spot next season, Nuttall's no world beater but at least he would contribute.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

The pressure won't be off him. The only time the pressure will lift of him is when he puts in some performances to warrant such a large fee. If Graham isn't going to be playing then Nuttall should have a game he's done more than Brereton this season despite playing less. Assuming we still play with 1 up front next season then Graham and a new signing will be competing for first and second choice then I would have Nuttall as 3rd choice. I would send Brereton out on loan because he is miles away from being able to help us push for a top 6 spot next season, Nuttall's no world beater but at least he would contribute.  

I doubt he will leave on loan. He's only 19,so hopefully he gets bigger and stronger for next season. 

23 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Just two matches ago, we were all wondering where the next few points were coming from. I tallied up four from then until the end of the season, with three coming against Bolton. Other than that, I didn't expect anything against Derby or Forest. Two really good wins, scuppering maybe the pair of their seasons in the process, and we can kick back and relax. If we could finish above Preston, that would be a bonus.

I said FOUR also, overjoyed to have that rammed down me throat.  Amazing last two games. Mr Mowbary, over to you, Rothwell Tony, just why have you frozen him out again? Truthfully this time.

On 13/04/2019 at 11:48, Exiled in Toronto said:

Raya and Bell are too calamitous to be part of a promotion push. Lenihan and Williams were immense today I thought and Bennett got in sone good blocked shots. Rothwell’s goal was terrific, but he’s had enough minutes on the pitch this season to do things like that, plus faded second half I thought. Dack back to his post-Xmas form. Rodwell for Evans was a terrific change that I thought closed out the game for us.

Overall a good game to watch, plenty of everything, including our defenders yelling at each other, which was good to see.

I mentioned before, Bell, Nyambe to a degree also, I think if we get a proper centre half a true quality hard man, vocal and a leader on the pitch both those young uns would benefit greatly.  May even have a knock on effect for Raya.  I really believe some of our troubles come from a lack of trust.  Some of our defending comes from a lack of trust in Raya and SOME of Raya's cock ups come from not trusting his defence.  Either way most if it comes from nobody back there marshalling things.  If we ever needed a pointer in the Andrews mould we need one at the back.   Absolute must this summer quality leader at the back next to Lenihan and a back up for him.

Of course I won't hold me breath.

• Like 4

On 12/04/2019 at 10:58, only2garners said:

So is this the game my away hoodoo is broken?

So far I've been to Bristol City (4-1), Preston (4-1), Wigan (3-1), Sheffield United (3-0), Rotherham (3-2) and Sheffield Wednesday (4-2).

And a warning to other fans - I'm also going to QPR.

Well at least that monkey’s off my back.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think he needs to start centre forward for us to get  a proper look 

Is he a lone striker/target man type though? (Asking because I don't know)

If not, we'll need to adjust the formation/tactics in order to accommodate him and give him a fair chance.

36 minutes ago, Earlydoors said:

They always come out to that

They once had success when it was in the charts (1978) and they've been flogging the same horse ever since

Glad I'm not a Forest fan. It's a terrible song.