BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Lenihan future captain. Loved how he tore Raya a new one. Mulgrew usually just walks away looking at the ground.

I've watched he Forest goal lots of times and Raya must have shouted he was coming for that cross as Lenihan didn't make any challenge. The bollocking Lenihan gave Raya was well deserved. Raya was damn lucky not to cost us 2 other goals in the game, once going awol and the one he pushed out straight into oncoming. Defenders must wonder wtf he will do next.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Lenihan future captain. Loved how he tore Raya a new one. Mulgrew usually just walks away looking at the ground.

I get where you're coming from and I liked his passion and frustration. Raya should take responsibility for his error and his recent poor form but if, as has been suggested, his confidence is fragile shouldn't Lenihan have been a bit more circumspect? 

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I get where you're coming from and I liked his passion and frustration. Raya should take responsibility for his error and his recent poor form but if, as has been suggested, his confidence is fragile shouldn't Lenihan have been a bit more circumspect? 

I think perhaps people have been a bit too circumspect with him to be honest. How many times does it have to happen before somebody has a go at him for it? He keeps making the same mistakes - how many goals have been down to him in the last few months? 

I think he has the potential to be a really good keeper. His shotstopping is as good as anyones but something has to be done to cut out all these mistakes. He is not a tall keeper so I would be telling him to not bother coming for balls like that and to just stay on his line. Friedel knew he was pretty bad at coming for crosses so just wouldnt do it.

Just now, JacknOry said:

I think perhaps people have been a bit too circumspect with him to be honest. How many times does it have to happen before somebody has a go at him for it? He keeps making the same mistakes - how many goals have been down to him in the last few months? 

I think he has the potential to be a really good keeper. His shotstopping is as good as anyones but something has to be done to cut out all these mistakes. He is not a tall keeper so I would be telling him to not bother coming for balls like that and to just stay on his line. Friedel knew he was pretty bad at coming for crosses so just wouldnt do it.

Probably lessons in that incident for two relatively young players. Lenihan, who seems like a natural leader, should perhaps curb his frustration and dish out the bollockings in the dressing room. The lessons for Raya are more obvious and urgent. 

Completely agree with the sentiments about Lenihan being a future captain. He seems to be made of the right stuff. What really opened my eyes was his performance in the game against Wigan at home last season. Passion personified. 

Let's all be honest about the bollocking. I'm sure Lenihan knows Raya a lot better than all of us and will know what he can or can't take. Like someone said, if he doesn't get called up on things like that, he'll never cut out the mistakes. 

8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Exactly this. 

Every error Raya makes is down to attempting to do things he is not naturally good at or that he doesn’t possess the physical attributes to do effectively. If he was encouraged/allowed to keep goal in his 6 yard box he would be fine.

Mowbray coming out in the press claiming he wants a “commanding goalkeeper”... well, you would be better off signing one than trying to turn Raya into one. Though I’d suggest a far better investment would be a goalkeeper coach who has actually played football who can mentor Raya and get him playing to his obvious strengths.

• Like 6

On 14/04/2019 at 10:31, Angry_Pirate said:

If we can't give Brereton a start up top and go full attacking vs what will (99%) be an already relegated Bolton a week on Monday, I will be worried. 

Nyambe and Bell at fb, Reed and Travis in midfield, Rothwell, Dack, Brereton and Armstrong / Chapman / Graham.

Brereton REALLY needs a goal before the end of the season just to put a slight positive spin on... anything.

Can we send Evans, Smallwood, Mulgrew, Bennett, Conway etc off on their summer hols now and give the unknown (potentially better) future a chance when were finally playing on the front foot around the Dack-Rothwell-Travis-Lenihan-Reed nucleus.

C'mon Tony. Think.

I wonder how, if Tony is thinking, Reed is part of our future.  Very unlikely he will be back.  I'd be very pleased if he was as long as Mowbary plays him where he is best suited.

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Exactly this. 

Every error Raya makes is down to attempting to do things he is not naturally good at or that he doesn’t possess the physical attributes to do effectively. If he was encouraged/allowed to keep goal in his 6 yard box he would be fine.

Mowbray coming out in the press claiming he wants a “commanding goalkeeper”... well, you would be better off signing one than trying to turn Raya into one. Though I’d suggest a far better investment would be a goalkeeper coach who has actually played football who can mentor Raya and get him playing to his obvious strengths.

Amen ? stop trying to turn him into something he’ll never be. As someone posted earlier Friedel wasn’t amazing coming for crosses so generally stayed on his line. 

14 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Amen ? stop trying to turn him into something he’ll never be. As someone posted earlier Friedel wasn’t amazing coming for crosses so generally stayed on his line. 

It's like playing with any other player. You need to know what they're going to do in any given situation. That way each player knows his responsibilities. I recall Raya coming flying out of goal when Bennett was playing at right back and trying to deal with a long ball up the middle. Raya arriving put Bennett in two minds so instead of putting into row Z he dithered and ended up losing the ball to an opposition striker who luckily for us put the ball wide of an empty net !

If Raya stays at home the chances are that wouldn't have happened.