BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at QPR - Good Friday 19th April 2019

We should be on a roll.  Fully expect two comfortable wins against QPR and Bolton.  Hope Mowbray now realises we are much better on the front foot and it's best to let the opposition worry about us instead of dressing them up as Barca or Real.

Mowbray needs to give the young players their head.  Play them and tell them to go out enjoy and show the footballing world what they can do,  Time to give the likes of Nyambe, Magloire, Davenport, Chapman, Buckley, Butterworth and Brereton some serious game time.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

We should be on a roll.  Fully expect two comfortable wins against QPR and Bolton.  Hope Mowbray now realises we are much better on the front foot and it's best to let the opposition worry about us instead of dressing them up as Barca or Real.

Mowbray needs to give the young players their head.  Play them and tell them to go out enjoy and show the footballing world what they can do,  Time to give the likes of Nyambe, Magloire, Davenport, Chapman, Buckley, Butterworth and Brereton some serious game time.

You pretty much always expect comfortable wins though. At this point, you may as well stop making statements like that, and instead just say 'I'm Mercer'. We'll know what you mean, and it saves you on the typing.

I don't expect a comfortable win against QPR. Why do you? QPR just beat Swansea 4-0. They're still in need of points to avoid relegation, whereas our season is over. As you say, some of the young players may be getting a game too, which could improve our performance or weaken it, it remains to be seen at this point.

I expect to beat Bolton though.

18 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Other player links off the top of my head:

Simon Barker was a top, top player for both clubs in the 80s and 90s.

Roy Wegerle

DJ Campbell

Ryan Nelsen

Darren Peacock

Danny Simpson

And Gareth Ainsworth is a Blackburn lad who played many games for QPR as well.

Also Ossie Ardiles

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Bit of a mission on the trains today. 4 changes to Shepherd’s Bush I think. Not so bad going down but coming back after an all dayer could be problematic.

Are you terminating at Harrow and Wealdstone? I am and my plan is Bakerloo Line to Oxford Circus from Harrow and Wealdstone underground station and the Central Line to White City.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Are you terminating at Harrow and Wealdstone? I am and my plan is Bakerloo Line to Oxford Circus from Harrow and Wealdstone underground station and the Central Line to White City.

Changing at Harrow and Wealdstone. Then think getting underground to Willesden Junction then from there to Shepherd’s Bush. 

Just now, matt83 said:

Changing at Harrow and Wealdstone. Then think getting underground to Willesden Junction then from there to Shepherd’s Bush. 

Looking at the TfL map it seems a shorter journey the way you are going.

1 hour ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Back from Trinidad for this one - first game for a while and I’ve brought the weather with me. 

Only thing that can spoil my day is R. Smallwood in the starting XI.

Hoping to see some of the u23 lads get a game, Buckley in particular 

None of u23 squad have travelled apparently