BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at QPR - Good Friday 19th April 2019

Bennett has played well last couple of games...

Tough to change a winning team, I still want to get as many points as possible, but I’d have liked to have seen some of the u23s on the bench...

Hopefully dropping Raya might give him a little kick up the arse.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Bennett has played well last couple of games...

Tough to change a winning team, I still want to get as many points as possible, but I’d have liked to have seen some of the u23s on the bench...

Hopefully dropping Raya might give him a little kick up the arse.

Do you think he should be our 1st choice right back? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do you think he should be our 1st choice right back? 

Nah probably not, but I didn’t say that.

I certainly don’t think we should drop players after two good performances just because you don’t like them.

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Canadian starts.

Raya on the bench.

No other changes

So the perfect opportunity arose to blood youngsters, and they're not even on the bench. The result is fairly meaningless and the u-23s have no game until Tuesday. Fascinated to hear the excuse.

The only change is that the backup goalie out of contract in the summer finally gets a start, against the only team we've already seen him play against. This suggests to me that TM is considering keeping him on and not bothering with genuine competition for Raya. The only other reason would be to do Jayson a favour and put him in the shop window, but why do a favour to a player we aren't keeping but not bother to give a chance to the youth we own?

Bet the young lads are gutted. After everything Tony was saying (until yesterday anyway) and with our safety assured, they will have expected at least someone to at least make the bench. This also means they're even less likely to play against Bolton, since they have a game the next day for that one. Pathetic decision, disincentivising our youngsters.

• Like 3

I appreciate there are limited places in the squad, but if Smallwood, Rodwell, Nuttall to name just 3, aren't going to be here next year. Why are they on the bench? 

Harsh on Nyambe again, very harsh. Is Bennett going to be first choice right back next season? 

Tony.....tony, tony ,tony 

Wherever Bennett plays next Season and play he will he is going to be our Club & Team Captain and leading user of Social Media.

Meanwhile where are the young players TM?

F'ing boring fart.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Nah probably not, but I didn’t say that.

I certainly don’t think we should drop players after two good performances just because you don’t like them.

I didn't say you did say it. I just asked a question. 

Do you think Nyambe is a better right back? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

I didn't say you did say. I just asked a question. 

Do you think Nyambe is a better right back? 

Probably yes, but I have been a bit underwhelmed by him this season - had high hopes he’d kick on.

Immaterial though for me - I don’t think keeping the team captain in the side after two good results and performances should be this much of a shock.

I'm not going to be critical of the line up.  We all asked for consistency, rothwell and the smallwood/Evans axis breaking up, he did it we won and he has stuck to it. 

Would be harsh to drop anyone after the last two games. We can't have it both ways.

However starting the keeper suggests he is going to stay as back up, another worrying sign, or is he giving Raya a day off and showing some of that loyalty to a guy who needs a break before summer, I e managing the squad.

That still doesn't excuse not taking a few of the young lads to stick on the bench. Just travelling down with the first team is good experience. Buckley, Butterworth and magloire should be on that bench today and for the rest of the season. I don't know why he opens his mouth if he has no intentions of doing what he says.

• Like 3

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I'm not going to be critical of the line up.  We all asked for consistency, rothwell and the smallwood/Evans axis breaking up, he did it we won and he has stuck to it. 

Would be harsh to drop anyone after the last two games. We can't have it both ways.

However starting the keeper suggests he is going to stay as back up, another worrying sign, or is he giving Raya a day off and showing some of that loyalty to a guy who needs a break before summer, I e managing the squad.

That still doesn't excuse not taking a few of the young lads to stick on the bench. Just travelling down with the first team is good experience. Buckley, Butterworth and magloire should be on that bench today and for the rest of the season. I don't know why he opens his mouth if he has no intentions of doing what he says.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Maybe Tinker Tony should have got the tombola out again?

Everyone loves that ?

Boring and predictable selection.

If I was a youngster at Ewood I would despair.

I think Reed will be glad to be out of it, Brereton must be wondering how permanently sitting on the bench is helping his development and Chapman will be thinking wtf.  As for the likes of Nyambe, Magloire, Butterworth and Buckley, what is the point?

Do us all a favour Mowbray and just clear off - go and enjoy copious quantities of your wife's lemon drizzle cake.  I think you are killing our club - it's stagnation at best.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1