BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at QPR - Good Friday 19th April 2019

You’d have thought Mowbray would have already made his mind up who wasn’t going to feature next season and would take a look at some of the youngsters between now and the end of the season.

The fact that he hasn’t suggests to me that he’s unlikely to be as ruthless as we’d hoped.

Disappointing but hardly a surprise and doesn’t bode well for next season in my view.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bazza said:

Mowbray reverts to type. This fella is taking us nowhere next season.

So frustrating for us fans

Reverts to type by playing the same team that won last week bar one change? What you talking about? We are playing again on Monday you know, maybe we’ll see a few U23s in the mix then. Jesus Christ ?

• Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Probably yes, but I have been a bit underwhelmed by him this season - had high hopes he’d kick on.

Immaterial though for me - I don’t think keeping the team captain in the side after two good results and performances should be this much of a shock.

If Nyambe is the better right back, he should be starting. 

I don't think anyone is shocked to be fair 

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Boring and predictable selection.

If I was a youngster at Ewood I would despair.

I think Reed will be glad to be out of it, Brereton must be wondering how permanently sitting on the bench is helping his development and Chapman will be thinking wtf.  As for the likes of Nyambe, Magloire, Butterworth and Buckley, what is the point?

Do us all a favour Mowbray and just clear off - go and enjoy copious quantities of your wife's lemon drizzle cake.  I think you are killing our club - it's stagnation at best.

Who would you drop to get those 4 in 

Just now, darrenrover said:

You’d have thought Mowbray would have already made his mind up who wasn’t going to feature next season and would take a look at some of the youngsters between now and the end of the season.

The fact that he hasn’t suggests to me that he’s unlikely to be as ruthless as we’d hoped.

Disappointing but hardly a surprise and doesn’t bode well for next season in my view.

My thoughts exactly 

Just now, Butty said:

Reverts to type by playing the same team that won last week bar one change? What you talking about? We are playing again on Monday you know, maybe we’ll see a few U23s in the mix then. Jesus Christ ?

Doubtful with the under 23s playing Monday, but who knows

It all comes back to, who will Tony drop from this 18 to bring the youngsters in? 

22 minutes ago, schoey said:

25B66E9E-491E-4406-8664-3B6C0441414B.jpeg

Lol! Mowbray giving Leutweiler a run out - presumably a reward for his loyalty and commitment sitting in the bench all season.

Armstrong and Graham start. No U23s at all.

I assume Conway is injured? :rolleyes: 

Just now, Butty said:

They have a game on the Tuesday so most deffinatly won't be playing.

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who would you drop to get those 4 in 

Any keaner, I don't care (within reason, obviously not Rothwell or others who need more game time). It's not about rewarding recent form anymore, or winning particularly. These things don't matter at this stage, only preparing for the future does.

• Like 1

I think we will win this one. Continuing the false dawn that is going to screw us up well into next season.

I can hardly force myself into posting something sarcastic about this being a big game in our fight for 17th place (now 16th thanks to the Birmingham scam).

Edited by Husky

15 minutes ago, Butty said:

You’d be right at home on The Rovers Facebook group.

45 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Bennett has played well last couple of games...

Didn't go to Forest but certainly didn't think he played well against Derby. Not as bad as he has been but still looked exactly what he is, a player playing out of position.

Think we can see from this 18 that nothing much will be changing next season.