BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at QPR - Good Friday 19th April 2019

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep. The strikers head beat his leap and arms. Pitiful.

Just seen it on SSN- absolutely awful. I do wonder if the keeping coach could be the problem. 2 keepers are making very similar, daft mistakes! 

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

When you sign league 1 Shrewsbury's reserve to back up your own rookie keeper and they are coached by a kid who's never kept goal professionally don't be surprised when you aren't exactly strong in the goalkeeping dept

If only there was someone at the club who agreed with you...

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think it is promising that Rodwell was brought on midfield today. Rodwell > Smallwood 

Rodwell and Travis next game please 

There’s something about Rodwell that I just don’t like.

He seems so dispassionate. Like a robot, going through the motions of being a footballer.

According to my maths that’s 9 points in three games, two away from home. Final push for promotion. Oh we’ve run out of games.

Still, nice way to consolidate with our other promotion partners from last year fighting for their lives. Very solid achievement. 

• Like 3

Just now, Husky said:

Come back Jason Steele! All is forgiven!

Keane, Steele, Raya, now this lad all appear very similar and have the same weaknesses it's like they've all been made in the same factory or something.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Good win - should have been by a heck of a lot more. Rub it in the Trotters wounds on Monday and then get some of the young lads on.

We are running out of games to get the young lads in. Unsuprisingly. 

Just now, Stuart said:

He seems so dispassionate. Like a robot, going through the motions of being a footballer.

Valid observation. Perhaps his passion has dwindled after what went on in his career. Undoubted quality though.

I would like to see him start before the end of the season. Earn a contract here. Show us gratitude for welcoming him in. 

I would imagine he probably believes he should have played more, but the reality is he has to earn it. We critisice Mowbray for how he treats some players, but maybe he has handled Rodwell just right. Being a bit part player this year is probably the best he could have hoped for. If we sign him I would expect a lot next season. He has age on his side. 

Good result - three on the trot. Have to give credit where its due as we've gone to two higher placed teams and won whilst also taking a win at home against Mighty Frank Lampards Derby County.

Was a little annoyed with no youngsters on the bench after what he has been saying all week - so hoping we get to see some against Bolton seeing as they're already down.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Just now, toogs said:

Part of me doesn’t want to change the team - 3 points behind Sheff W and I’ve got a ton riding on us finishing above them!

Just now, Stuart said:

Agree and that's why I feel it would be a mistake giving him a long contract as he flatters to deceive. Obvious quality on the ball but there's little else he just looks like he goes through the motions and if he was a regular I think that would bite us on the arse and people would then be missing Smallwoods bite, that's how daft football is.

Back up fair enough but is he worth what he'd want just to play a bit part ?

• Like 1

Just now, toogs said:

Apart from why Rottweiler hasn't been in ahead of Calamity Dave.

We didn't learn anything new from today's game. Just another reinforcement of the fact that most of the fans have been right all season regarding team selection and areas of weakness.

• Like 4