BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at QPR - Good Friday 19th April 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If he brought them in and we got spanked you would say that it's Mowbrays fault for bringing them into a struggling team. 

I wanted more young players to play but an away win with goals from  Graham and Dack is very satisfying. If we continue and win the next couple we could finish top half. It will make the table nicer to look at. It's also easier then to give the players the confidence to push on towards the play offs next season. 12th it's like top half lads, not too far from the plays offs". 

I hope at home on Monday he makes some changes ; Rodwell centre midfield,  Brereton instead of Armstrong or Rothwell. Maybe 10 minutes at the end for Buckley or Butterworth just to let them know they are part of his plans. I think Rodwell played centre mid against them earlier in the season when we won. Wasn't it the last game against them when he made the most wholesale changes between games all season? He could literally do anything though, I couldn't predict what team will play. It could even be the same as today knowing him ?

Well of course, a manager will always be criticised if we get battered, point being he will have learnt that x and y arent ready.

I do agree that there was plenty to be satisfied about, as I said to Stuart. Theres plenty of that team that we are building around going into that next season, Lenihan, Travis, Rothwell, Dack and Armstrong, with Graham too, and even if there is an element of window dressing in terms of our final league position, id still rather win every game if possible and finish as high as possible.

Regarding Brereton, it would be totally senseless to stick him out wide however. If you are going to play him anywhere play him up front surely, in his actual position. All the evidence suggests that he is not going to compete with Graham even next season, but if you are going to give him a chance to start surely you do it in his actual position.

Not much point in giving players 10 minutes either, if they are actually part of his plans it doesnt tell them that when they get 10 minutes of a dead rubber against a relegated team.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Mowbray doesn't need to test anyone at this point - he knows the players inside out and we need maximum points.  Just imagine if we'd played a rookie team and lost by a few, the MB would be in meltdown.

He knows the youth players inside out despite many of them having never played a single game of senior football? That's a neat trick.

He didn't need to play a whole rookie team. One or two starters would have been plenty. Hell some off the bench would satisfy most. Nobody who asked for that would have melted down at a defeat.

Also...why the hell do we 'need' maximum points?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If he brought them in and we got spanked you would say that it's Mowbrays fault for bringing them into a struggling team. 

Bigdog. I like you, honestly. But why the fuck, when I just told you that I categorically wouldn't have said that, in the very post you quoted, are you telling me that I would? That's frankly more than a little obnoxious.

Know me better than I know myself, do you?

39 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

I think most people on this board know why your views have changed now.

it was a rhetorical question sunshine. 

Make your views public SUNSHINE

19 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Nobody has called for a “rookie team” just a couple of youngsters given some game time.

Paul talking poo as usual every board needs a poster like him, let him take the stage.

1 hour ago, unsall said:

The mind boggles at some of these comments on here, let’s face it whatever TM does there are some on here will never agree with his team selections.

Of course you have to blood one or two young ‘uns’ but you also have to win a football match, can certainly see Butterworth or Buckley playing a part on Monday, lot easier at home to blood them than away.

Hes learnt a lot over last few games, with his defensive duo of Lenihan/Williams, playing Travis in midfield and Rothwell on wing, also learnt today his reserve goalie isn’t up to it....

It wasnt so long ago that you were PRETENDING you were in the know, nothing of what you said was true. You got away with that lightly somehow on here. You were the real MR BULLSHIT. Whats changed? Have you decided to stop telling lies?

Well done TM and the mighty blue boys.

Think we are now at a point where TM is close to his best 11 after all the experiments.

Next season is looking promising.

Onward and upward, COYB

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think he away win vindicates Mowbrays team selection. 

Honest question, can those who wanted more youngsters to start hold their hands up and say they wouldn't have critisiced Mowbray in some form if we lost?

I wanted a different team, but if we lost I wouldn't be happy. Now I am :)

Which bloody way do you want it? At 1.55pm today your reply to my post that none of the u23s were involved today was " Shocking if true". Now you're asking "those fans" who wanted their involvement to hold their hands up!

Edited by ossyian
Wrong time
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, AAK said:

It wasnt so long ago that you were PRETENDING you were in the know, nothing of what you said was true. You got away with that lightly somehow on here. You were the real MR BULLSHIT. Whats changed? Have you decided to stop telling lies?

Ha ha hilarious comment, what are you talking about...

Cracking win today, well done all concerned (bar Leutweiler it seems). Really heartened to read about the effect that Travis, Williams, Rothwell & Armstrong in particular had today. 

Starting an unchanged team (nearly) after 2 wins can't be criticised really (many have cried out for consistency of selection all season). I don't think TM had a choice in playing Evans today given the Reed situation, tho like most I was disappointed there was no youth on the bench, but I guess that will come on Monday at home against "easier" opposition. I know there's a U23 game the day after but giving a Buckley, Butterworth or R-C 30-45 mins ought not to stop them from playing a part on Tuesday too.

Great to get a third win on the spin, with a good chance of a 4th on Monday.  There is definitely lots of potential already at the club to work on going into the summer & prepping for further progress next season, with the right additions. Over to you Tony; may the Force be with you!

• Like 1

Solid performance by the lads today despite the lack of fringe/youth players.  For me Leutwiler is done...  long live the Mountie! New keeper to push Raya is needed big time.  I was a little miffed not to see Davenport or Chappers as subs, however a win truly eradicates all the miffness. Job done, another win, and could we have a center back partnership that could actually be half decent already?  Thoughts from the gaffa, the fans and more.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who knows ? It's a hypothetical question.

Of course. I don't think it was beyond the realm of possibility that we could've beat a pap QPR whilst also blooding some youth.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't think Armstrong is really a winger. However you can call me old fashioned but playing him on his stronger right side gives him more of a chance of impressing.

I think Rothwell-Dack-Armstrong is a dangerous enough three to pencil in for the start of next season. Hopefully they are all still here.

Having Armstrong’s pace is just so important, everytime we broke today QPR bricked it. Gives the defenders a decent out ball too, if the lump to Graham isn’t working. Although  Lenihan and Williams, who were both exquisite today, actually played some decent stuff.

In terms of the under 23s, I was absolutely gutted to see them omitted to the 18 today. 

Joe Rankin-Costello, Daniel Butterworth, John Buckley all should have been in the 18 today. We need to see how good these lads are, and how much they can be depended on next season.

I would have had Evans, Mulgrew and Smallwood not traveling, and started Rodwell in midfield, another guy that we are probably not 100% sure on for next season. 

Thrilled with a win, but it feels like a lost opportunity against a dreadful outfit.

Oh and Bennett was hurrendous again, has to have dodgy pics of Mowbray. Never a rb in a million years, and Nyambe is rotting away. 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

BRFCS goes bi polar again. A few weeks ago we were heading for oblivion with a man at the helm who is a cross between Nigel Farage and Jeremy Corbyn.* Three wins later, two against mediocre opposition, and we're heading for the sunlit uplands of a promising 2019/20. ?

(*I called for him to go- Mowbray not Corbyn )

Edited by deryck guyler's spoon

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

So you agree but you still snipe.

There will be no youngsters on Monday, they have an important game on Tuesday.

Perhaps the reason Mowbray chose not to play them today?

Im sure he has his reasons but he wanted the win to boost the feel good factor going into the end of the season. An away win in this league surely has to be applauded?

You seem to be suggesting today was a meaningless exercise but we are a professional football club with the integrity of the league an important consideration. You can’t just “throw” a couple of kids into the team and hope for the best. TM  demands his team win and to jeopardise that would be foolhardy in the extreme.

He knows the strengths and weaknesses of the U23’s and I’m sure he has plans to aid their development in discussions with Damian Johnson.

I am delighted that we won today and hope we beat Bolton, Norwich and Swansea. 

I can’t believe that any Rovers fan would not wish the same.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

He knows the youth players inside out despite many of them having never played a single game of senior football? That's a neat trick.

He didn't need to play a whole rookie team. One or two starters would have been plenty. Hell some off the bench would satisfy most. Nobody who asked for that would have melted down at a defeat.

Also...why the hell do we 'need' maximum points?

Jesus wept.  He watches the players day-in-day-out.  We should aim to gather maximum points - surely that's the objective at the start of the season.  

• Like 4

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Yes. I thought he looked disinterested when he came on. And he can't play anyway. Get rid

Absolutely. I think I've seen him touted as a potential replacement for Graham. He has a mountain to climb to achieve his level of professionalism, game intelligence and finishing ability. Obviously he doesn't have Graham's experience but crucially, on what I've seen of him, Nuttall doesn't have his ability either.