BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at QPR - Good Friday 19th April 2019

Just now, Stuart said:

That’s a really cheap post.

Disrespectful to fans to bring in a couple of Rovers youngsters? It was more disrespectful to play a goalkeeper who is leaving in the Summer. What was that all about- reward for his patience? What if he had cost us those important points? (He certainly cost us a goal).

Once again the counter to a reasoned, middle-ground point is to go to invent an extreme opposing view to then shoot down. There’s a phrase for that but people don’t like to hear it.

As it happens, Mowbray took Davenport and Chapman and didn’t even name them in the squad. But why those two when there are others in the squad who have shown they deserve a chance? Well, could it be because Tony signed them both?

Of course you (or someone) will turn this into “well Mowbray IS giving the youth players some experience then what’s the problem, always moaning” however the fact that he has taken those two in particular is another sign that our home grown lads have a very slim chance to get in to Mowbray’s plans. They have to wait for a dire injury situation, hope Mowbray doesn’t prefer to play someone else out of position, and then perform out of their skin when they get there. Every game. At least until preferred players are fit. Travis is the only player who has managed to be successful but it took longer than it should have as Tony dropped him for 10 games following an early red card. Then when he came in away at Newcastle he showed why he deserves to be in the side. Then we had the January run which saved our season but still it seems Mowbray doesn’t trust him.

But, no it’s just the core of BRFCS posters who have nothing positive to say about the club. Such spite. 

Hard to fathom the backlash towards disappointment in Mowbray not bringing some of Johnson’s men into it - at this stage. If I were Johnson I’d be taking my skills elsewhere. They are wasted under this manager. Much like our transfer budget.

But hey, we won a dead rubber.

You seem to be doing a lot of “the negative” or “defending” stuff this week - as opposed to focusing on points. You ignored all my other responses but I’ll have another plump on this post.

Looking at the whole picture, it would’ve been nice to see more u23s in the first team but perhaps it’s actually balanced to see reasons for keeping a largely unchanged team to the one that’s performed well last two outings. Especially with 2 games in 3 days, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dack and Graham rested Monday.

Equally balanced to say if JLeut is going to leave, or if our intent is to strengthen GK - why not give him a game (a dead rubber?) to see if they can rise to the opportunity? Travis did against Charlton last year, whereas Caddis opportunity in the same game pointed out his days as numbered. You can think it’s a different approach to your own personal one without criticism you know?

The criticism of how Travis has been turned into a first team player is also without balance if it only focuses on “should’ve been sooner” - a more open and honest view would admit the decision not to loan him out turned out great, and perhaps the moving backwards after that red served his attitude and mentality on the pitch! 

• Like 5

Just now, Stonesrick said:

And tell me when have you seen Evans and Smallwood burst into the box like he does?

Eh???

You are literally making up dialogue to slag off Mowbray.

Good grief. This is nearly as bad as when TM  ruined Bobby Moore’s career and cost us the World Cup...

Counterpoint hypothetical conversation:

TM: Trav, that was fantastic, well done.

LT: Cheers boss

TM: For that I’m taking you to Disneyland and getting them to build a statue at Ewood of you

LT: Wow nice one!

TM: That’s right. Also, did I ever tell you about how I invented the bread slicing machine?

LT: My god I love you so much will you adopt me?

Fun this.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Eh???

Good grief. This is nearly as bad as when TM  ruined Bobby Moore’s career and cost us the World Cup...

TM: For that I’m taking you to Disneyland and getting them to build a statue at Ewood of you

TM: That’s right. Also, did I ever tell you about how I invented the bread slicing machine?

Fun this.

Bobby Moore really should’ve been a goalkeeper though tbf....

6 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Eh???

Fun this.

LT . Can I have a bite of your lemon drizzle boss

TM. NO. now get out !!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

And tell me when have you seen Evans and Smallwood burst into the box like he does?

Never EVER has happened and never EVER will. Evans a tad above Smallwood however both Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. But hey, people still chant Smallwoods the king of ewood! 

15 hours ago, Paul said:

You need to keep in mind the core of BRFCS posters, not necessarily the one you quoted, have nothing positive to say about the club. Team performance, selection, management, ticket prices, club management and every other aspect of Blackburn Rovers is subject to subjective criticism.

I knew before logging in the thread would be full of complaints about a good away win it was just a question of which aspect. We won and I expected nothing less than a team selection which took every opportunity to do so. Any other selection is disrespectful to the fans, especially those who travelled, opposition and league. How often do we hear complaints about PL teams playing second string in cup matches rendering them meaningless?

The only surprise is how many in here have not applied to be club manager or CEO when they clearly feel able to do a better job than the incumbents.

Perfect! 

As Jimmy Armfield said- Rovers don't have supporters, they have critics.

Edited by philipl

1 hour ago, Stonesrick said:

29 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Never EVER has happened and never EVER will. Evans a tad above Smallwood however both Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. But hey, people still chant Smallwoods the king of ewood! 

First 15 seconds ?

51 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

First 15 seconds ?

I was right down that end so I had a perfect view. He started the move by picking up a loose ball in midfield, a nice pass out to Bennett and then a clever run into the box. Good move and a nice calm finish. He'd ticked the box that day, didn't need to do that again. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

12 hours ago, 47er said:

In reality, people simply think that Mowbray could have done a lot better with what he has. Clearly that does not equate to thinking we could do a better job!

But for someone with such experience he has made some bewildering decisions. Can you explain them?

Fans on here have pleaded with him to play Travis and Reed in the middle together, warned him against moving Downing on without signing a replacement, continually told him Evans/Smallwood were not a viable pairing, expressed astonishment that Rothwell was continually left out, begged him to stop playing players out of position, and suggested that changing the team every game was not helping us. Fans on here have also specifically pointed to lack of spending on defence and, surprise, we have shipped goals by the bucket-load.

Perhaps the core of BRFC posters aren't as daft as you seem to think.

Spot on mate.

4 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

In the dim and distant past of this messageboard  we used to have the Grooby Awards for various categories of posting.

I therefore put this post forward as the most Arrogant post of 2019.

Clearly the amateurs telling the professionals how it should be done.

No, mowbray is either useless or not playing the best team every game for a reason. 

34 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

In the dim and distant past of this messageboard  we used to have the Grooby Awards for various categories of posting.

I therefore put this post forward as the most Arrogant post of 2019.

Clearly the amateurs telling the professionals how it should be done.

Everything 47er writes actually happened on this MB. You cant change history with your drivel.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaveyB said:

First 15 seconds ?

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Nice, but I meant actually darting forward with the ball at his feet?! My gran can make runs like he did there,  Perhaps not the finish like.

Also it was a figure is speech. They are both not good enough for us to progress! :)

Edited by BankEnd Rover

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Everything 47er writes actually happened on this MB. You cant change history with your drivel.

MY issue is who takes the credit? This manager or the messageboard? I’m neither pro- Mowbray or anti- Mowbray but to claim a handful of posters can influence a professional manager in his decision making seems ridiculous.

23 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

MY issue is who takes the credit? This manager or the messageboard? I’m neither pro- Mowbray or anti- Mowbray but to claim a handful of posters can influence a professional manager in his decision making seems ridiculous.

What on earth are you talking about? Credit for what? If you're talking about the performance of the team, the manager takes the credit  when he's done well----of course!

If he hasn't, the manager takes the criticism. I don't know why anyone should have to explain that  since its been the way at every club, with every set of fans since football was invented.

Finally please tell us who is claiming that a "handful of posters can influence a professional manager in his decision-making" I've never seen it  on here with reference to Mowbray and I'm at a loss as to what you are on about.

You called me arrogant for listing a series of issues that many fans have had with Mowbray's managership all season. Once again I have no idea why.

I think you should explain.

• Like 1

I think what Jimmy Armfield actually said was "It's not a crowd at Ewood, it's a jury...."

What he then went on to say, which wasn't widely-reported at the time, was "...and that's just the more knowledgeable supporters. The rest are happy-clappy dullards who'd be grateful for a weekly hammering at the likes of Brentford if they had a weird man-crush on the terribly average manager who was overseeing the hammerings"

You won't find that in the papers. They tried to silence Jimmy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

What on earth are you talking about? Credit for what? If you're talking about the performance of the team, the manager takes the credit  when he's done well----of course!

If he hasn't, the manager takes the criticism. I don't know why anyone should have to explain that  since its been the way at every club, with every set of fans since football was invented.

Finally please tell us who is claiming that a "handful of posters can influence a professional manager in his decision-making" I've never seen it  on here with reference to Mowbray and I'm at a loss as to what you are on about.

You called me arrogant for listing a series of issues that many fans have had with Mowbray's managership all season. Once again I have no idea why.

I think you should explain.

Saved me the time and effort. Thx.

3 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

Totally agree.  Let' be honest, BRFCS is just a small group of folk talking about football - as we did in the pub in years gone by.  Nobody's opinion really matters in the great scheme of things, particularly as there are a wide variety of opinions on most subjects.  The forum is simply a medium for discussing football but nobody would seriously suggest that anyone actually takes any real notice of it or allows the forum to colour their own views and opinions.  Football is a game of opinions and that's part of its attraction.  We all think we can run it better than those who do but in truth I doubt we could come anywhere close to making a decent stab at it.    

The overwhelming majority of clubs are run by professionals for whom football is their day job and in general most clubs cope with the ever increasing difficulties that the modern game presents them.  At the moment I would put the Rovers in that class of clubs who, for the most part, are now back on track and fairly well run - although I know many would disagree but ultimately none of us have any real say in how clubs are run.  Those employed to make decisions about the running of the club make decisions in what they feel are the best interests of the club and the team and the ultimate judge of those decisions are the owners of a particular club not those on forums.  

There are differing views on the manager but he certainly hasn't come anywhere close to losing the support of the fans outside this forum - I certainly haven't heard anyone at games shouting for a change of manager, far from it the fans seem right behind him.  Of course we all have differing views on players, style of play etc, but supporters have always had those debates - I go back to the early days of Jack Marshall and nothing has changed in that regard.

The forum is just a bit of fun but one or two seem to treat it rather more seriously for some reason.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

The only club to have a fan making substitutions by text message from the Blackburn End.

One scenario seems more far fetched than the other... hmmmm