BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at QPR - Good Friday 19th April 2019

• Moderation Lead

I think a lot of the time, people read what they want to read, or read too quickly without digesting what has been written and react accordingly, which can be frustrating! This happens with a number of posters, not one in particular,  in fairness. 

• Like 6

The reality is is that some on here need to get a grip! Rovers have steadily made solid progress this season, anyone with a modicum of common sense would have accepted 17th spot with a higher position being a bonus after a promotion season. There some big big clubs in this league as well as it being the most competitive league in football.

Rovers are handily places for further progression next season under Mowbray and his staff and more importantly we have some serious talent coming through the ranks. 

If Rovers had been a bit lucky then we could really have made the play offs but I think it’s actually a massive learning curve which will help them improve. Next season will see us easily top 8 with the right additions to this squad. I @m even more confident because for once we do not have a massive club coming down none of the relegated teams will cause the league great shakes next season.

Finally I wish some would stop papping on about Brereton and 7£ million, we have NOT spent that amount it’s a price based deal and will only reach that amount in the future if the conditions are reached!

let it go and get over it

• Like 3

Absolute success story - Dack.

Potential success story - Rothwell. Armstrong, Reed ( loan ).

OK signings - Samuel ( I'm being generous here ), Smallwood.

The Jury is still out signings - Rodwell, Chapman, Bell, Nuttall.

Where are they now signings - Gladwin, Davenport, Hart, Caddis, Downing, Antonnson ( Loan ).

Flops - Whittingham, Brereton, Harper ( Loan ). 

I wouldn't say that list was exactly glowing.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

We are making steady progress, obviously not quick enough for some on here, but certainly good enough for me.

Perfect example after Fridays games was the Chris Wilder quote, he said Shef U in his first season got 100 points and promotion, last season 69 points, consolidation and this season 82 points and more to come.

Rovers last season 96 points,promotion,this season probably around 60/62 consolidation, not a million miles away from their record  and hopefully kick on next season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

It's a forum, it's meant to be a bit of fun!

I think people lose sight of this.

What’s wrong with a bit of moaning about the football/tactics/recruitment? ??‍♂️ 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I thought the accounts stated that we have spent it?

£7.6m - the vast majority on BB.

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Finally I wish some would stop papping on about Brereton and 7£ million, we have NOT spent that amount it’s a price based deal and will only reach that amount in the future if the conditions are reached!

let it go and get over it

Link?

The money is spent - from the horse’s mouth...

Mowbray says the outlay on Brereton doesn’t bring any additional pressure, adding:

“The owners agreed on what the money was going to be and then it was down to me to spend it where I wanted.

“I could have bought six or seven players for £1m each, whatever we paid for Ben, or we buy a talent that we think is going to be a massive asset for the football club down the line.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17568308.rovers-boss-tony-mowbray-happy-with-ben-brereton-progress/

Unless he comes good, or the gaps we have are filled somehow, people will consider this a waste.

On 19/04/2019 at 12:22, Mercer said:

Always nice to win but think today was a wasted opportunity for Mowbray.

What can he have learnt.

Many know we need a new goalie, many know Smallwood is pants, many know we defend better without Charlie, many know Rothwell and Travis are 'must starts'.  Perhaps Mowbray isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and it takes time to sink in.

The management of Brereton is, IMO, a feckin disgrace.  How is Mowbray developing the lad?  Five minutes here, five minutes there is, IMO, utter shite.  I think Mowbray wont play him because he's afraid a run of games might just show he's dropped a real b 0 l l 0 c k in signing him and he's delaying the bad news for the Venky's for as long as he can.

I think the fact that at least one of Chapman, Nyambe, Magloire, Buckley or Butterworth didn't start the match, and Brereton only got 5 minutes, tells you that Mowbray is not one to develop young talent.  

I do not think Mowbray's selections augur well for the summer and next season.  To me, he's just deluding himself.

You, Rev and a few ithers have mentioned this. I am firmly in your camp.  That team selection already has me worried for next seasons start.  I think we are going to be looking at the same 11.

I have said before Mowbary's handling of our youth and even some if our senior pros is a massive de-motivator.  He did it with Travis until his hand was forced, we saw what happened with Mahoney I can imagine there are a few others who would be happy to try their luck elsewhere.  He is so friggin stubborn and stuck in a rut.  Surely he could have put one or two young uns on the bench if only for match day experience, actually out a carrot on the string at the end if the stick. 

• J*B unpinned this topic
On 19/04/2019 at 13:17, unsall said:

The mind boggles at some of these comments on here, let’s face it whatever TM does there are some on here will never agree with his team selections.

Of course you have to blood one or two young ‘uns’ but you also have to win a football match, can certainly see Butterworth or Buckley playing a part on Monday, lot easier at home to blood them than away.

Hes learnt a lot over last few games, with his defensive duo of Lenihan/Williams, playing Travis in midfield and Rothwell on wing, also learnt today his reserve goalie isn’t up to it....

But has he learned?

19 minutes ago, USABlue said:

He did it with Travis until his hand was forced, 

This old chestnut.

Travis started the game where Smallwood received his ban. Evans was dropped to the bench for Travis.

Lets not get revisionist to suit an argument... that would never wash on here would it!

On 19/04/2019 at 17:35, jim mk2 said:

Yes. I thought he looked disinterested when he came on. And he can't play anyway. Get rid

To me he is always like that.  Runs like he is closing down defenders without actually running to close down the defender.  If had shown a bit of effort he'd have had a tap in today, needs to work his @#/? off as a fringe player

On 21/04/2019 at 12:31, S8 & Blue said:

I think it’s in the nature of social media rather than real life where debates and opinions become so polarised. I find the whole thing fascinating.

Logging on here and seeing opinions you disagree with, leads you to passionately verbalise your own and dissect the counter argument. Without having to be polite and with relative anonymity.

But no one ever really changes their mind through persuasion or debate - we just try and explain further our side and become dumbfounded when the other party doesn’t agree - you’ve explained it as simply as possible are they stupid?!!!

Rinse and repeat this process for months and years and both sides of a debate have been banging their well considered drums for so long that it becomes “us vs them”, black and white and quite vitriolic and illogical.

Even leading to things like hypothesising an imaginary conversation between a midfielder and the manager to project the failings you’ve perceived, or me trying to use every time Ben Brereton doesn’t fall over as proof that he’s the white Pele.

The truth or heart of the matter is usually somewhere in the middle!

But Smallwood would have scored that @BankEnd Rover ARE YOU BLUMMIN DAFT???

Cheers lad! I'm FAMOUS!

On 21/04/2019 at 12:31, S8 & Blue said:

I think it’s in the nature of social media rather than real life where debates and opinions become so polarised. I find the whole thing fascinating.

Logging on here and seeing opinions you disagree with, leads you to passionately verbalise your own and dissect the counter argument. Without having to be polite and with relative anonymity.

But no one ever really changes their mind through persuasion or debate - we just try and explain further our side and become dumbfounded when the other party doesn’t agree - you’ve explained it as simply as possible are they stupid?!!!

Rinse and repeat this process for months and years and both sides of a debate have been banging their well considered drums for so long that it becomes “us vs them”, black and white and quite vitriolic and illogical.

Even leading to things like hypothesising an imaginary conversation between a midfielder and the manager to project the failings you’ve perceived, or me trying to use every time Ben Brereton doesn’t fall over as proof that he’s the white Pele.

The truth or heart of the matter is usually somewhere in the middle!

But Smallwood would have scored that @BankEnd Rover ARE YOU BLUMMIN DAFT???

Good post. But I will dissect the bit in bold.

I think sometimes a metaphor or cartoon conversation can add a bit of humour or get a point over better. We are all creators and consumers on here but Parson got it right, it’s just a bit of fun. A distraction from ‘real life’.

Problems occur when people get personal. Even if is to an anonymous person, from an anonymous person. A little etiquette goes a long way. I certainly get along better with posters whose real first names I know - even if we’ve never met.

• Like 1