BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton at home.

We're on a good run,  Bolton have off field problems and are on a  poor run, I really feel we should be winning this. Am quite looking forward to going and seeing the lads in action, especially since we've pulled ourselves out of that awful run.

A few thoughts:

- Am not sure what the point of the fit and proper test is. If being banned from owning a club before doesn't constitute unfit and improper I'm not too sure what would. Our football league are better suited to running the administration of a South American dictatorship of yesteryear rather than a sporting competition.

- Now Bolton are actually relegated that could take the pressure off them and free them up a bit. I've a feeling their confirmed relegation  could work against us.

- That said we really should win and win comfortably. Definitely a game for Bereton to start. I don't think he's any good but if a dead rubber match against a team already relegated that leaks bucket full of goals isn't the time to try and get something out of him, I don't know when is.

3-1 Rovers

• Like 2

As a non-driving season ticket-holder living in Heywood, my usual route to Ewood is by buses via Bolton Interchange.

Thank goodness for the Todmorden Curve which will let me get a through train from Rochdale to for this game. Not saying I'm scarred by - scared by! - past experiences when we were playing there, you understand!

I'm optimistic about this one; I think that pretty well any team we put out will be good for an already-relegated Wanderers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

I remember after the Fraz game being chased to the station by a bloke painted red. Quite an unnerving thing for a 14 year old.

I remember going on the football special for the Faz game in 73 with my dad. My only fond memory of that shit hole. Sure there was 33000 on that night. Next visit in 76 resulted in me having 12 stitches in my head after being ambushed by a mob by the steps outside the railway end. Saved by a bloke in his 20s/30s from Bolton who then proceeded to give the ringleader a good smack!

On 20/04/2019 at 13:22, Waggy76 said:

Very wise ,I was there in 73 and at their promotion at Ewood ...

I have watched Rovers all over Britain and Europe but Bolton especially away is the worst I have ever experienced ....

I am surprised the Police havent made this game a midday kick off  like Preston ! But I couldnt fathom out why the latter  game was midday kick off in the first place..

Bolton away the worst? Surely turd moor away visits were much worse for violence and aggravation. I was there when both Bolton and Chelsea took the Blackburn end but those games would never beat the day when Rovers took the bee hole end and when we had the long side ding dong on Boxing Day, I never saw either Bolton or Chelsea fans trying to throw concrete dividers across the void such was or is the hatred!

• Like 2

It is strange we don't get any trotter interlopers anymore and to spoil the fun even further Wandersways forum which nearly always had several Rovers relating/hating threads running at any one time has now been made members only to view.

Can't even read their bile or their despondency anymore.  Could always ring their club shop and take the piss I suppose.........

Oh Wanky. .....

1 hour ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Does anyone else remember those bell ends Zulu and Tango Dancer who used to haunt this forum? (particularly around the time of Trotters games)

Nothing wrong with Zulu. He was pretty fair. Don’t remember the tango dude though.

• Like 3

• J*B pinned this topic
4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Bolton away the worst? Surely turd moor away visits were much worse for violence and aggravation. I was there when both Bolton and Chelsea took the Blackburn end but those games would never beat the day when Rovers took the bee hole end and when we had the long side ding dong on Boxing Day, I never saw either Bolton or Chelsea fans trying to throw concrete dividers across the void such was or is the hatred!

70's and 80's Burnley was a piece of piss, Bolton was a different ball game.

• Like 2

We've had some cracking clashes on the pitch in recent decades. The good: Roberts' last minute Weah winner, Corry Evans' thunderbolt, Dunny waltzing through the entire defence, Sam Ricketts' no danger own goal.

The bad: Roberts and McCarthy having late penalties saved, the infamous 'Kean out' defeat, a 0-0 under Ince where I seem to remember a rather portly Robbie Fowler making his debut and doing a passable impression of a garden gnome.

I think we'll fall behind tomorrow then power through to a 3-1 win. 

Just now, rigger said:

70's and 80's Burnley was a piece of piss, Bolton was a different ball game.

We can disagree to disagree. Burden away New Year’s Day was not a patch on Boxing Day in Dingle land. Both had its mom3nts but for me the long side battle takes it

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Beg to differ. Walking to and from the Turd was a pleasant stroll; every trip to and from Burnden was a heart-stopping footrace and sheer luck of the draw if you got battered or not. 

• Like 3

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Beg to differ. Walking to and from the Turd was a pleasant stroll; every trip to and from Burnden was a heart-stopping footrace and sheer luck of the draw if you got battered or not. 

The turd was a piece of piss to take over. We always used to take the entire town when we played each other regularly. Now Burnden was a different beast altogether in my lifetime. Although my dad tells me we used to take the Lever End with ease in the 60s when all the greebos/bikers latched on to Rovers and there were some hard bastards who frightened the shit out of you???

• Like 1

On 19/04/2019 at 11:46, renrag said:

Goalkeeper Reg Elvy joined us from Bolton in the early 50’s in an emergency. He had an undistinguished career up to then but proved to be an inspired signing, giving Rovers sterling service until failing eyesight brought his Rovers career to an early end.

I'm sure Reg Elvy played wearing a flat cap and sometimes a pair of glasses. 

That night in Bolton when Faz scored our winning goal, there were over  33,000 on for a 3rd Division match.  No segregation then.

I returned to Hoghton to enjoy some pints of brilliant Boddingtons in The Old Oak.

What a great night! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

You must have gone to a different Burnden park to the one I went too

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Quite correct John. I’ve never experienced any problems outside the Turd and never missed a Derby game from my first in 1970 right up until a few years ago when I lost interest. I’ve travelled by train (many times), car and coach. 

Bolton, on the other hand, was a different matter. I always used to plan ahead and work out where to park or where to go for a pint. Always felt uneasy whereas going to the Turd was just a good day out. The 70s and 80s were the worst at Bolton although, to be fair, in the Premier League era there were no real issues at either Burnden or the Breezeblock.

50 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm sure Reg Elvy played wearing a flat cap and sometimes a pair of glasses. 

That night in Bolton when Faz scored our winning goal, there were over  33,000 on for a 3rd Division match.  No segregation then.

I returned to Hoghton to enjoy some pints of brilliant Boddingtons in The Old Oak.

What a great night! 

Must have been 8 or 9 thousand from rovers that night from what I can remember as a 11 year old

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We’ve had more dickhead Preston fans on here than any other.

Probably because the majority of Bowton fans are actually alright and very similar to Rovers in a way Preston and Burnley just aren't.

• Like 1