BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton at home.

4 hours ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

We've had some cracking clashes on the pitch in recent decades. The good: Roberts' last minute Weah winner, Corry Evans' thunderbolt, Dunny waltzing through the entire defence, Sam Ricketts' no danger own goal.

The bad: Roberts and McCarthy having late penalties saved, the infamous 'Kean out' defeat, a 0-0 under Ince where I seem to remember a rather portly Robbie Fowler making his debut and doing a passable impression of a garden gnome.

I think we'll fall behind tomorrow then power through to a 3-1 win. 

That last minute penalty from cheating Djoef at Ewood! I hated him after that----till he joined us!

I also got battered at Burden, mid 60's Saturday night game. Some evil criminal type walloped me from behind and gave me a couple more when I turned (staggered round to see what was happening). By the time I got up he'd disappeared! Blood all over my leather jacket!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bazza said:

I'm sure Reg Elvy played wearing a flat cap and sometimes a pair of glasses. 

That night in Bolton when Faz scored our winning goal, there were over  33,000 on for a 3rd Division match.  No segregation then.

I returned to Hoghton to enjoy some pints of brilliant Boddingtons in The Old Oak.

What a great night! 

I don't remember him playing in glasses although his eyesight was known to be a bit dodgy. He definitely wore a flat cap often.

12 hours ago, Neal said:

I don't like that Bolton stir it up as rivalry, I prefer to take the high ground like they don't matter - which they don't. Sh#t club, in the middle of nowhere, should focus on Wigan. 

Cue the singing of "Small town near Wigan"; that'd tell them!

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Anyone know when the ticket office opens today... ?

Get them ordered before 12:30pm or it’ll be £27 in the Riverside! £30 in the BBE!

To think, £10 on a day like today would have been bouncing!

• Like 2

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Does anyone no if there is any pre match entertainment in and around the ground today and what it is

Nothing advertised, just the fanzone (beer tent) and the bloke on the P.A. announcing the team. Great day for something though.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought Davenport was in the frame for that job. From what I hear Buckley could also be a contender for that role.

That's highly speculative though eh? Have no idea whether Davenport would be up to it or not while Buckley may well be the man but we don't know that yet.

Reed is/was the best CM in the squad.

49 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Does anyone no if there is any pre match entertainment in and around the ground today and what it is

Garlic bread 'n' dancing Dwarfs at the Darren End!

Nothing whatsoever to entice the floating fan on a nice Bank holiday..just smash 'em with category A prices and booking fees.

The piggies have sold just shy of 900 as of this morning.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Nothing whatsoever to entice the floating fan on a nice Bank holiday..just smash 'em with category A prices and booking fees.

Ticket prices are wholly based on potential away followings. 

Local game... Cat A as there will be 3,000 minimum to fleece... 900 sold.

West Brom on new year’s day... Cat A as they are gong for promotion, PL recently, they’ll bring plenty on a bank holiday... 1500 sold.

Another Waggott mess up.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Can’t say I blame them having been relegated - especially at those prices. Fair play to those hardy 900 or so.

• Like 1