BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton at home.

• Backroom

Great to win; Brereton got his goal and the young lads looked good.

What did we learn?  Well Rodwell is superior in every way to Bennett in the middle, being a good guy shouldn’t be enough

Rodwell hunts the ball like a top pro, closing angles down all over the place without being quick.

Get the man on a new deal ASAP. 

Derrick Williams Man of the Match for the 3rd game in a row? Looks a new man.

Easy game in that we didn't get out of second gear, although took us 10 mins to start playing. Butterworth and Buckley both look very good. 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 6

Just now, Butty said:

Forget about playing Rodwell at centre half. He’s the most talented central midfielder in the squad, if we make his move permanent he could be a star for us in that position next season. 

I think I’d like to see him in that same position against Norwich. It’s one thing doing it against a poor, demoralised side, can he do it against better players.

He is definitely better than Smallwood and Evans. There is just something about him that I don’t like and I can’t put my finger on it. He seems to be the odd man out compared the rest of the team.

There are some big decisions to be taken this Summer though. Bennett’s, and Smallwood’s, time may be up but they seem to be huge favourites of Mowbray’s.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Buckley should be for Rodwell tbf

The Rolls Royce doesn’t really like getting out of first gear

Give over lad, Rodwell was quality today!

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Rodwell very good today.

Buckley looked nervous, but I think there’s a player in there.

Butterworth looked very dangerous indeed and created one very good chance that Brereton couldn’t reach.

Delighted Brereton finally broke his duck and also that we added to Bolton’s misery. By the way, I couldn’t believe their fans calling for Parkinson’s head. 

Keeping them up last season was a minor miracle. 

Hopefully we can carry this momentum on for the last two games and delay Norwich’s stuttering promotion hopes!

• Like 2

Just now, Butty said:

Forget about playing Rodwell at centre half. He’s the most talented central midfielder in the squad, if we make his move permanent he could be a star for us in that position next season. 

I also think he has goals in him from that position. Nearly scored at QPR, and had a cracking shot in the first half today. Dangerous at corners too. 

• Like 1

Very impressive cameos from Buckley and Butterworth - they both look like they’re going to be top players.  Buckley looks very good technically and his first thought is to look forward and find a pass, rather than playing a safe backwards or sideways pass. Butterworth looks like he can pick the ball up and take players on. He will be an edge of your seat kind of player. I’m sure there are ppl on here who follow the U23s far more closely than I do, but they look ready to e regulars in the first team set-up. I would be very fearful if I was Smallwood, Rodwell, and Evans. Smallwood will almost certainly be sold in the summer, he can’t even make the squad anymore. 

With the likes of Dack, Rothwell, Brereton, Armstrong, Chapman, Graham, and Butterworth we have some real talent in those forward positions. Very exciting to watch and it doesn’t feel as though we’re just reliant on Dack now to create some magic, we have danger all over those forward positions.

It was a training session today really. Although they gave us stick when we went down, I feel for Bolton. They are a million miles from being even a half decent team and things will probably only get worse despite their new owner. 

Thought it wasnt a great performance nor a great game against a horrendous side, but a comfortable win with plenty of positives.

Brereton was much, much better. Superb finish, although missed a couple of other chances including an absolute sitter, but that monkey is hopefully off his back. Also though some of his hold up in general was much better. One thing I would say is he doesnt spend enough time central, he drifts to the sides too often and it can leave us without a pivot, I get that its not his game but when someone has the ball wide he needs to get in between the posts.

The three in behind him all played their part in the second goal and obviously Dacks pass for the first was excellent without any of them being at their absolute best, Rothwell I would say was the best of the 3.

Thought Rodwell was very impressive, Travis didnt have his best game before getting injured but Rodwell looked so composed, looked more energetic and played one ball in particular that I felt Armstrong didnt put 100% into getting on the end of that split the whole defence. Worth a new deal solely as a midfielder. 

Lenihan and Williams totally fine again, look good together, Bell I thought first half in particular was very erratic again, not a fan, Nyambe not the most convincing either. Bennett isnt a central midfielder either, some terrible passes when he came on.

In terms of the 2 younger lads, Butterworth added urgency, went on a lovely run and in general kept wanting the ball and looked a threat. Buckley sadly I thought looked well off the pace and well out of his depth, his shot summed up his performance really as much as I was to willing him to impress, I feel like hes quite a bit from being a squad regular at the moment.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Rodwell very good today.

Buckley looked nervous, but I think there’s a player in there.

Butterworth looked very dangerous indeed and created one very good chance that Brereton couldn’t reach.

Delighted Brereton finally broke his duck and also that we added to Bolton’s misery. By the way, I couldn’t believe their fans calling for Parkinson’s head. 

Keeping them up last season was a minor miracle. 

Hopefully we can carry this momentum on for the last two games and delay Norwich’s stuttering promotion hopes!

I think Rodwell has done enough to deserve an 18 month contract.   

• Like 2