BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton at home.

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, bazza said:

The subs were warming up at half time and I said to my mates. "There's Harry Chapman".

It was his doppelgänger, Butterworth. 

Also for Tom's information, Bennett was with the warming up lads, too.

He was - but not when I posted he had gone back in which is why I said I thought he’d be coming on 

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Out of contract in the summer. In fact he’s still on a scholars contract and they haven’t tied him down to a pro-deal!

I’m hearing Burnley is the likely destination...

Shall we send him this? 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, bazza said:

The subs were warming up at half time and I said to my mates. "There's Harry Chapman".

It was his doppelgänger, Butterworth. 

Also for Tom's information, Bennett was with the warming up lads, too.

You might need some new readers Bazza! :D 

I wouldn’t even say that their movement is the same, let alone appearance!

Really like the look of Butterworth. He has that swagger, that comes from confidence and ability.

Enjoyed today, playing the youngsters and starting Brereton will do the club more good in the long term than playing Graham and chasing a cricket score.

Thought both youngsters were good. Buckley's issue seemed to be just getting to grips with the game physically, but as time went on he showed some nice touches. Butterworth too, although they both look about 4 stone wet through!

Biggest plus today was the performance and finish from Brereton. Some may fairly point to how absolutely woeful Bolton were, but they were at least pretty effective in denying space to our attackers, which didn't stop Ben having a good game. Showed that he' got many of the raw materials you need as a good striker, they just need refining a bit, but hopefully today will be a turning point for him.

Another positive was just how much support BB got from the terraces. There was never any hint of negativity or frustration when he missed a chance, just consistent and loud encouragement. Good to see given how divisive the cost of his move has been.

• Like 9

All hail Lord Brereton... Dont get me wrong I had my doubts, but a composed finish from the gold plated diamond encrusted forward.  Lets hope the next goal happens in a much shorter time span.  Am I the only one thinking Williams/Lenihan next season?  I still want alternatives, but I have been rather impressed with them on this 4 game streak.  If Rovers escape with a cleansheet against Premier bound Norwich on Saturday they might get my vote. As for Bolton, was no Champions League 2nd legger... and in spells we looked very bland.  But we did what is said on the tin. Lets burst the Canaries bubble on Saturday.

Williams has certainly been an improvement on Mulgrew but I'm not sure I'd get that excited yet. Just after we scored our 2nd yesterday Bolton went straight back up the other end and nearly scored as Williams completely lost his man. Only a save form Leuty stopped them scoring. 

We still need another 1st choice CB. 

• Like 3

Apart from an odd bit of murmuring, which is to be expected when you have been as off form as BB has, and something every player gets, he has had excellent support from the fans throughout.

So it annoyed me to see the usual fools on the LT website etc. slagging off ‘typical Rovers fans getting on his back’, when it wasn’t the case at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, @roverseas said:

Am I the only one thinking Williams/Lenihan next season?

Yes.

Jesus, there are some bloody short memories around here....couple of wins against real shyte forwards and Del is now the answer.....should never be first choice, says everything about mowbray and his transfer policy 

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Apart from an odd bit of murmuring, which is to be expected when you have been as off form as BB has, and something every player gets, he has had excellent support from the fans throughout.

So it annoyed me to see the usual fools on the LT website etc. slagging off ‘typical Rovers fans getting on his back’, when it wasn’t the case at all.

True. I've never seen a bigger round of applause for a professional footballer trapping the ball, holding it up and laying it off as he got early in the 1st half. Everyone in that ground who wasn't a trotter was willing him to do well. 

• Like 5

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17590296.how-the-rovers-players-rated-in-the-win-over-bolton/

Rothwell MOTM? He was better 2nd half but he gave the ball away a lot, although he was normally trying to do something positive with it when he did. Frightening burst of pace though if he can get in the right positions to do it. No-one will catch him if hew gets away. 

• Like 1

I think the fans have been fantastic with Brereton. 

Anyone else see a marked difference with our patterns of play yesterday? Very few direct balls. But the most interesting one was when in possession, Bell and Nyambe pushing on and staying wide allowing Rothwell and Armstrong the chance to drift inside into the pockets and in behind. Bolton were poor but worked hard tbf.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes.

Jesus, there are some bloody short memories around here....couple of wins against real shyte forwards and Del is now the answer.....should never be first choice, says everything about mowbray and his transfer policy 

@@roverseas is Tony Mowbray finally confirmed.

• Like 1

On the pitch every time I've seen Bolton this season they've grafted hard that's why I felt a bit sorry for them, the team at least.  Very workmanlike but nothing whatsoever upfront the most toothless team you'll see.  Must be soul destroying playing in and watching that every week knowing no matter how well you play or hard you work you're still going to lose.

Not taking anything away from Rovers but I think they could've turned in the worst display of the season yesterday and still won but good to see the two young strikers settling matters. So nice to have a pressureless routine victory its been a while since things have been so relaxed.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Barely any brain cells between those in the comments section of the LT site. 

1 hour ago, old darwen blue said:

May be wrong but I don’t recall Bolton applauding their travelling support at the end, not that I blame them mind?

Young Brockbank got a good reception as he left the pitch injured.  His 2nd game for the first team and was up against it with Rothwell at it yesterday. 

1 hour ago, old darwen blue said:

May be wrong but I don’t recall Bolton applauding their travelling support at the end, not that I blame them mind?

They didnt go fully over but they went towards the fans and applauded. After getting quite a bit of stick second half I wondered if they'd not bother but they did.

3 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

I watched it on a stream. At the end it showed Parkinson on the pitch. It showed him saying to players off screen 'the fans the fans' while pointing in the direction of the darwen end. I don't no If they did or didnt applaud 

I find is really poor when players need to be told this. Especially after the season bolton have had. 

• Like 1