BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton at home.

2 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Smallwood dropped for 4 games. 4 wins in a row. No coincidence. It's just a shame the penny only dropped for Tony after we'd missed out on the playoffs.

So nothing to do without having Charlie give away two goals a game or with the picking of Rothwell or with Dack making up with that slapper. It was Smallwood all along!!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

I watched it on a stream. At the end it showed Parkinson on the pitch. It showed him saying to players off screen 'the fans the fans' while pointing in the direction of the darwen end. I don't no If they did or didnt applaud 

I find is really poor when players need to be told this. Especially after the season bolton have had. 

When their own goalkeeper was running up to take a goal kick they were doing that “woooooah your sh*t ahhh!”

Then I think they were appealing for Parky to give them a wave and when he ignored/didn’t hear them they were singing “sacked in the morning.”

I watched it in the stadium and I suspect their manager was pointing at the Bolton lot at the end and actually saying “They’re tw*ts, they’re tw*ts!

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Barely any brain cells between those in the comments section of the LT site. 

More bile on there and full time lurkers looking for fan v fan than there's ever been on here plus the blatant spin machines who are paid for their time but don't last 5 mins on other forums.

2 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

When their own goalkeeper was running up to take a goal kick they were doing that “woooooah your sh*t ahhh!”

Then I think they were appealing for Parky to give them a wave and when he ignored/didn’t hear them they were singing “sacked in the morning.”

I watched it in the stadium and I suspect their manager was pointing at the Bolton lot at the end and actually saying “They’re tw*ts, they’re tw*ts!

Don't really care what did or didn't happen. Cant judge all bolton fans by that of a few who sung the songs stated. 

The manager told his players to applaud the fans so he can't be to sensitive. 

7 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Smallwood dropped for 4 games. 4 wins in a row. No coincidence. It's just a shame the penny only dropped for Tony after we'd missed out on the playoffs.

Yup, nothing at all to do with the return of Lenihan to full fitness ?

• Backroom

Annoying seeing tweets saying things like ‘where are the Brereton haters now?’ Seems these days you can’t be critical of anything without being labelled 

The reverse goes for positivity as well 

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Annoying seeing tweets saying things like ‘where are the Brereton haters now?’ Seems these days you can’t be critical of anything without being labelled 

Brereton has been treated well by Rovers fans in spite of his poor form. Most have understood that at 19 (now 20 years old) he was bought for the future.

• Backroom

Asked a Horwich pal of mine about Lowe:

’He puts the effort in, but that’s it. The effort doesn’t get us anywhere. We actually play better football without him. But without him we lack a bit of midfield strength and teams roll us over.’

7 hours ago, Tom said:

The lad has had one goal and was pretty average otherwise. He has a long way to go.

Other than that, it’s about par for fan reaction.

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

Asked a Horwich pal of mine about Lowe:

’He puts the effort in, but that’s it. The effort doesn’t get us anywhere. We actually play better football without him. But without him we lack a bit of midfield strength and teams roll us over.’

reminds me of a few of our players ?

Can't really say I've seen any hate for Brereton at all on twitter, the odd comparisons with Kevin Davies at Rovers has been about as strong as its got.  The majority have just quite understandably been questioning the wisdom of the deal and its cost weighed against what the team needs in other areas.

But we are firmly in an era where mock outrage rules and social media is a tool for some to try and seek out offence in something that isn't really there. Oh for the days people could just feel free to say their bit in the heat of the moment then forget about it and move on without the annoyance of some weirdo looking for their electric footprint to start an argument ?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Can't really say I've seen any hate for Brereton at all on twitter, the odd comparisons with Kevin Davies at Rovers has been about as strong as its got.  The majority have just quite understandably been questioning the wisdom of the deal and its cost weighed against what the team needs in other areas.

But we are firmly in an era where mock outrage rules and social media is a tool for some to try and seek out offence in something that isn't really there. Oh for the days people could just feel free to say their bit in the heat of the moment then forget about it and move on without the annoyance of some weirdo looking for their electric footprint to start an argument ?

I am the same, not his fault we paid so much money for him. I've never been on his back and always hoped he would do well - glad he finally got his goal. We have not seen much of him let alone in his favoured position so i've kept from judging him too much on his performances as of yet.

It was the transfer in itself that was the issue for me. So many glaring areas in the squad that needed strengthening - which could have been substantially with that money. Yes, I wanted a CF to ease our reliance on DG - but I wanted one that would be ready to challenge from the off (especially for that kind of money - in fact, I'd want one to start over DG on that money).

Its done now though - so lets hope that he comes good and perhaps next season he can become that man.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Tom said:

He's managed the huge total of 1,ONE goal and he's now beyond criticism...you just can't win with some folk!

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hands up those people who'd be happy to start next season as Brereton as our first choice striker ? My vote is - Not Happy.

442 first game next season... Brero and Arma ...its the future we've tasted it ?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Where does Dack fit in to that ?

Nowhere...unless he comes back on loan ! 

There had to be a reason for shelling out on those two although in all seriousness I doubt it'd ever be 442 even if they fit it.  Probably one either side and big Dom up front.  Frightening ...