BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton at home.

4 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

The night they secured promotion to the Top Flight at Ewood was the biggest away following I’ve ever seen at the Rovers. I was on the Riverside that night and we were packed in like sardines. The attendance of 27k was way off the mark and I bet there were easily 35k on, probably split 20k to Bolton and 15k Rovers. They had the Darwen End, about half the Blackburn End and there were a fair few in the Nuttall Street and Riverside as well. Neanderthal bar stuards, I find them worse than Burnley but coming from Darwen, there’s always been a bit of ‘history’ between the two towns.

I was also at the Faz game, dodging bricks, darts and whatever else came our way (the police never gave a sh1t at Bolton) and I’ve got to say there were thousands of Rovers fans there that night too.

Probably the most balanced post I've seen about that game and tallies with another account I've always been told about it by someone who was there and a bit of a boot boy himself apparently.

A few older Bolton fans I know from Chorley/Adlington area say a trip to Ewood was very ropey for them in the 70's to be fair.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Saw a clip of him scoring against QPR earlier.  Great goal.  Held the ball up, shrugged off the left back, cut inside, past the CB and curled one left footed into the corner.  Makes you  wonder if there are actually two Breretons...

and we signed the wrong one!

Bolton taking the Blackburn End came just ahead of my time but was a tale I was made very aware of by older lads. I was a young lad when Chelsea followed that up by repeating the feat - they were horrible bstards too. 

I was always talked out of trips to Burnden as an enthusiastic 9-16 year old by my (wise) old man. I got to understand why as I got older!!

Would only change Brereton for Graham and Rodwell for Evans.

Rodwell with travis could be the midfield pairing to fire us to promotion next season.

Nobody over 22 years of age allowed on the subs bench...

Other than football, my stand out memory of Burnden was four young coppers at the back of the open Railway terracing starting the fighting. 

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Bolton taking the Blackburn End came just ahead of my time but was a tale I was made very aware of by older lads. I was a young lad when Chelsea followed that up by repeating the feat - they were horrible bstards too. 

I was always talked out of trips to Burnden as an enthusiastic 9-16 year old by my (wise) old man. I got to understand why as I got older!!

I remember the Chelsea one watching from the safety of the riverside upper tier, 20/30 yr old skins in docs and donkey jackets chasing and thumping teens at the front.  Another time also a few years later when they emptied from the DE with 10 mins to go and tried storming through the big red gates at the BBE, think it was last game of the season though might be wrong. Nice guys !   Mates dad walked us right through the skirmishes afterwards back to the car, he was a panel beater with hands like anvils so we felt quite safe ?

That's why Boltons fat middle aged and scrotes so called hardmen of these days make me laugh compared to what you saw back in the day.

• Moderation Lead

I’ll be honest, I want us to play our strongest possible team, smash them to smithereens and rub their noses in their now confirmed relegation.

It’s just a shame we weren’t the ones to make it official.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ll be honest, I want us to play our strongest possible team, smash them to smithereens and rub their noses in their now confirmed relegation.

It’s just a shame we weren’t the ones to make it official.

They've had a shit season culminating in relegation. They'll be busting a gut at Ewood to give their fans something to celebrate. We need to start at our newly discovered high tempo if we're going to win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I remember the Chelsea one watching from the safety of the riverside upper tier, 20/30 yr old skins in docs and donkey jackets chasing and thumping teens at the front.

There is a well known photo of that game with the Headhunters doing what they did best at that time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LDRover said:

Very wise ,I was there in 73 and at their promotion at Ewood ...

I have watched Rovers all over Britain and Europe but Bolton especially away is the worst I have ever experienced ....

I am surprised the Police havent made this game a midday kick off  like Preston ! But I couldnt fathom out why the latter  game was midday kick off in the first place..

Edited by Waggy76

Surely a chance for some youngsters here.  I would love for Rovers to put on a display and continuing our run of form would be great.  But I would love to see the likes of Davenport, Chapman and Butterworth given a shot.  Nothing really on the line, just a bit of humble justice! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Very wise ,I was there in 73 and at their promotion at Ewood ...

I have watched Rovers all over Britain and Europe but Bolton especially away is the worst I have ever experienced ....

I am surprised the Police havent made this game a midday kick off  like Preston ! But I couldnt fathom out why the latter  game was midday kick off in the first place..

Bolton are a weird one. They are a big town who used to travel in numbers but haven't brought a lot to Ewood in years. They should be selling out the away end at Ewood like Burnley and PNE because they are probably bigger than both of them. 

• Like 1

As much as Bolton are clearly abysmal, they have had games where breaking them down has been tricky, albeit before the floodgates open on occasion. Start with a full strength team and go for them for the off. If we get a cushion, then I'd like to see a combination of Brereton, Davenport, Buckley, Butterworth or even some other debutents like Rankin-Constello getting decent minutes.

Whilst I don't want them to go bust off the back of dodgy owners, and this isn't the needle game that they imagine it is, I'd still enjoy really taking these to the cleaners given that they have been present for a lot of our more recent low points!

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

Bolton have a host of players out of contract in the summer. Given their troubles with getting paid this season I'd be surprised if any of them want to stay or will even be offered new deals. Maybe Parkinson will throw in a few kids.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bolton-wanderers/vertragsende/verein/355

I think we've been linked with Josh Vela in the past. 

This is the match we must win!!

My memories of my youth are littered with near death experiences at the hands of Bolton fans.

My schooldays regularly saw me running umpteen miles in an attempt to escape the inevitable 'duffing', although it did serve me well as I went on to represent Bolton running in the 100 metres ?

I blame my dad, if he hadn't brainwashed me, dragged me on the bus into Bolton, then the bus or train to Chorley to my uncles, then to Ewood every other week I may have had a much more positive outlook on things. As it is, I'm a Rover living in enemy territory.

More recent times have seen Bolton fans enthusiasm diminish significantly, with the most ardent supporters either not attending games or not wishing to discuss anything football with me, (I do try to discuss their situation but they tend to dismiss me with an avalanche of abuse ?).

Anyway, enough of my torrid time as a boy, come on my Rovers, let's have a good win to allow me to visit my local pubs with my head held high and a subtle smile for all my Bolton mates.

• Like 8