BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kits 19/20  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What should the home kit always be?

• Royal blue and white shirt
    • Lighter blue and white shirt
    • Blue shorts
    • White shorts
    • Blue socks
    • White socks

My first ever away shirt that one & I still have it. Mind you It's  a bit of a tight fit these days being size 'Small Boys (SB)'!

Does anyone know when 'Away' kits became just that and not a 'Change' strip which was traditionally only worn when there was a clash of colours? Is it some kind of new regulation or something driven more by the kit manufacturers to promote sales?

Anyway, darker blue for me, halves on the right side, white shorts, blue socks (I always liked the ones with the red trim from the 80s).

Away - have to agree with the suggestion of any colours as long as it's halves (barring claret & blue obviously). Red & black, yellow & black, green & black etc etc

18 hours ago, JHRover said:

The colour of the away shirt becomes more important given the number of occasions it is worn, sometimes unnecessarily. Forest away being the latest example. I'm sorry but there should be no circumstances at all in which we don't wear our famous blue and white halves whilst playing a side in red.

I'd rather the away shirt was restricted to only those against blue or white shirted opposition.

Fortunately at least we'll be in proper Rovers attire at Norwich. 

No we will not. At best we will be in Baby Blue & White.

I completely agree re the needless, at times, wearing of the away kit. I had assumed it was part of the kit manufacturing deal or a Waggott sales line.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

No we will not. At best we will be in Baby Blue & White.

I completely agree re the needless, at times, wearing of the away kit. I had assumed it was part of the kit manufacturing deal or a Waggott sales line.

All clubs seem to do it nowadays - for instance Man Utd were playing in their pink kit at Everton on Sunday and I’ve seen Derby wear their light grey 3rd kit on occasions when surely if they can wear that then they could have played in white, no?

You’re probably right that it’s something in the kit manufacturing deal that it has to be worn so many times or something 

Just now, DaveyB said:

All clubs seem to do it nowadays - for instance Man Utd were playing in their pink kit at Everton on Sunday and I’ve seen Derby wear their light grey 3rd kit on occasions when surely if they can wear that then they could have played in white, no?

You’re probably right that it’s something in the kit manufacturing deal that it has to be worn so many times or something 

Yes I noticed a lot do it, and a lot have yellow as their away colour. Our yellow has grown on me as the season has gone along, the current home colours haven't though.

Hear hear, wm7.

As one who hates - though knows all the commercial arguments for - 2 'change' shirts, I'd like to see the Premier League & the EPL both bring in a regulation which:

1] only permits an away team to have 1 alternative shirt design per season which they must only wear when their 'home' shirt in an away game clashes with the colour - not shade - of the home team's shirt in that game;

2] all shirts to have the player's number clearly shown on a white square on the back of the shirt so that the player can easily be identified.

[As an alternative to 2 above: all seats in the Visitors' Section of the Leazes End, NE4, to be provided with powerful binoculars!]

If I remember rightly from the halcyon days of the mid-1990s, 2] above was a UEFA requirement for European club competitions. I'm not sure if it still is.

Edited by m1st
Clarification of wordy language in the original!

6 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

They had the yellow away shirt on offer at £15 in the club shop recently, I didn't buy one as it looks cheap and tacky tbh ?

Suppose that says a lot about me, I jumped on that offer! ?

7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

They had the yellow away shirt on offer at £15 in the club shop recently, I didn't buy one as it looks cheap and tacky tbh ?

Good seller though, looking around Ewood yesterday 

Edited by Mattyblue

• Backroom
2 hours ago, DaveyB said:

I quite like that light grey Umbro Derby 3rd kit, anybody else? ?