BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kits 19/20  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What should the home kit always be?

• Royal blue and white shirt
    • Lighter blue and white shirt
    • Blue shorts
    • White shorts
    • Blue socks
    • White socks

Hoping we don't end up with a single colour on the back in the way that has been inflicted on stripes this season.

I believe pale blue was mandated by the sponsors so the logo would stand out so I am not expecting any change back to proper blue any time soon.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Obviously red and black would be best. However halved shirts are unique to us in English football - we don’t make enough of it, and if our away shirt was generally variations of halves each season, then great.

They are unique as a home shirt. They've never traditionally been our away shirt. A classy all yellow or all red kit is all we need. Leave the halves for the home kit. 

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Hoping we don't end up with a single colour on the back in the way that has been inflicted on stripes this season.

I believe pale blue was mandated by the sponsors so the logo would stand out so I am not expecting any change back to proper blue any time soon.

How does that work? The Bet 10 sponsor was only agreed last summer a matter of day/weeks before the shirt was released as we ran around trying to decide on a deal after Dafabet expired. We are often told that designs for kits are sorted many months in advance of them being on sale to provide time for manufacturing and shipping etc.

Doubt the arrival of Bet 10 was anything to do with having pale blue. More likely is Umbro/Nike factory found it easier to use the same colour as Man City's shirts rather than using a different shade of blue. All Bet 10 will have been able to decide was the design and colour of their logo, which is why we ended up with the horrific black sticker on the front.

Large

The 10 Bet logo on the West Bromwich kits looks good! Blends in well.

I think given a full year to design the kits (with the 10 Bet sponsor) I wouldn't be surprised to see the front logo be Red or Navy Blue.

Usually all Umbro designs follow the same template, haven't seen anything from the 19/20 Umbro range yet to make an educated guess.

I also would like to see us revert to the Royal Blue style. Bring the Cambridge blue out every now and again (possibly in the 24/25 season for our 150th?).

Similarly I'd be shocked if next seasons away kit wasn't predominantly red, as its been a couple of seasons now without red being the main change colour.

Also, we were the only team sponsored by Umbro who didn't have a third kit in 2018/19. I'd expect this to change next season, for obvious £/$ reasons!!!

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Doubt the arrival of Bet 10 was anything to do with having pale blue. More likely is Umbro/Nike factory found it easier to use the same colour as Man City's shirts rather than using a different shade of blue. All Bet 10 will have been able to decide was the design and colour of their logo, which is why we ended up with the horrific black sticker on the front.

Don't think that's how it works re: the manufacturing. 

Could've used Chelsea, Everton, Inter blue if that was the case.

It's purely a marketing and design decision - the more of a difference year on year the more likely to make sales.

And for what it's worth - I like this year's home kit.

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Don't think that's how it works re: the manufacturing. 

Could've used Chelsea, Everton, Inter blue if that was the case.

It's purely a marketing and design decision - the more of a difference year on year the more likely to make sales.

And for what it's worth - I like this year's home kit.

I'm not opposed, in principle, to using a sky or pale blue from time to time, e.g. 1 every 9 or 10 kits. It makes a change and there's nothing I'm aware of that stipulates what shade of blue is the correct one. When we are tied to using halves of blue and white altering the shade of blue is one of the few things they can do to come up with different kits that will continue to sell.

I'm not convinced that there's that much thought goes into it at Rovers end. I suspect they just take whatever Umbro decide to give them.

4 hours ago, philipl said:

I believe that to be true.

4 hours ago, philipl said:

I thought it was mentioned at the time* the sponsor (10 bet) was a last minute thing after the initial sponsor pulled out , then whoever was acting for 10 bet insisted on the black logo , (non negotiable according to Rovers , unless you were West Brom of course then you could have two different 10 bet colour logos for your home and away kit).

The mothercare its a boy Man city blue was probably decided way before the thoughts turned to sponsors

*Might have been in one of the an evening with.., or one of the two mandatory meetings or fans forum minutes 

Edited by perthblue02

It's even more worrying about who owns and admins us if this years home strip was a long time in the planning. No friggin idea of Club identity and that we had one of the most recognised and coveted shirts in English football.

Anyway 10 voters in the poll aren't arsed if we have no shorts and even more if we are sock-less. Massive cost saving potential there for Mr W to consider.

2 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

I thought it was mentioned at the time* the sponsor (10 bet) was a last minute thing after the initial sponsor pulled out , then whoever was acting for 10 bet insisted on the black logo , (non negotiable according to Rovers , unless you were West Brom of course then you could have two different 10 bet colour logos for your home and away kit).

The mothercare its a boy Man city blue was probably decided way before the thoughts turned to sponsors

*Might have been in one of the an evening with.., or one of the two mandatory meetings or fans forum minutes 

If you look at the mock ups on the previous page I think that the Red logo stands out even more and actually looks good on the kit - likewise with the white on the away. The black logo just merges into a black blob if you ask me (mind you, my eyesight isn't what it used to be!)

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's even more worrying about who owns and admins us if this years home strip was a long time in the planning. No friggin idea of Club identity and that we had one of the most recognised and coveted shirts in English football.

Anyway 10 voters in the poll aren't arsed if we have no shorts and even more if we are sock-less. Massive cost saving potential there for Mr W to consider.

Damn you Venkys!

88B8F0D3-768F-40F6-8581-4C21A31D256B.jpeg

AD7A23CE-6540-4B04-8BF4-6B340A8345FE.jpeg

I expect we’ll have the Cambridge blue every five years or so so best get used to the idea... only recently had the Zebra sponsored lighter one.

Its a logical business decision, and light blue is part of our history.

Just not all the time please!

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Damn you Venkys!

88B8F0D3-768F-40F6-8581-4C21A31D256B.jpeg

AD7A23CE-6540-4B04-8BF4-6B340A8345FE.jpeg

I expect we’ll have the Cambridge blue every five years or so so best get used to the idea... only recently had the Zebra sponsored lighter one.

Its a logical business decision, and light blue is part of our history.

Just not all the time please!

You would have been more accurate publishing our full kit history. Light blue? what about 10 times in our complete history.

The early use of light blue and the early switch to a darker Royal Blue can also be interpreted as our forebears quickly correcting a mistake :rover:

Moral of the story: don't teach your Gran how to suck eggs.

I would not have an issue with a lighter blue say once a decade.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Madon said:

It'll be Grey, i assure you.  Might not be the exact design of the Derby shirt, but definitely grey, or a variation of multiple greys. ?

Sounds like a brilliant idea. We can change into our third kit at half time.

F275B725-A375-4D26-A54F-BC520170CA2B.jpeg.c1b568556330867420e9ded8a580db14.jpeg

I get accused of being negative but it’d be nice if the people privileged with running our famous club could come up with a good idea once in a while!

Effing grey??

Hope you’re wrong Madon but it does seem like you have some insider knowledge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madon said:

It'll be Grey, i assure you.  Might not be the exact design of the Derby shirt, but definitely grey, or a variation of multiple greys. ?

Look forward to the well thought out historic reasoning behind grey.

"A tribute kit to when Rovers played their first ever game,the smog from the mill chimneys and the clouds rolling in  over the Darwen moor provided the subdued grey canvas to this historic moment."

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1