BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kits 19/20  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What should the home kit always be?

• Royal blue and white shirt
    • Lighter blue and white shirt
    • Blue shorts
    • White shorts
    • Blue socks
    • White socks

1 hour ago, blackburn bhoy said:

Going by the colour on the website it definitely looks like a Darker Blue for the home shirt 

8BD21BC5-8444-4F8B-B9D2-130792EB661E.jpeg

Very much hope so. Hated this years home kit. Looked like it had been in the wash too many times. Also hope they try harder to blend the Bet 10 logo better. Most other shirts did this whereas ours was a black splodge on a blue and white shirt. 

• Like 1

I don't hate the pale blue. I wouldn't want us to wear it every year and would limit it to once every decade as a change. What I don't like with our home shirt is the socks and sponsor. If the socks were the same blue as the shirt, or white, it would be better. Likewise if the sponsor was less prominent or a different colour it would work better.

Socks should be white or the same blue as the shirt. Add blue shorts and socks if away and there is a clash.

I want us to wear blue and white wherever we can. So no more of this silly away shirt at Forest, Middlesbrough, Bristol City.

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

I want us to wear blue and white wherever we can. So no more of this silly away shirt at Forest, Middlesbrough, Bristol City.

Yeah totally agree with this. I miss the days when an away kit was an away kit, and not just a "change" kit for the sake of it. No reason why we shouldn't wear blue and white at all those places.

• Like 3

Whilst we're talking about kits, (home, away, change etc), did anyone notice that in the Arsenal v Brighton game a couple of weeks ago, both teams were wearing the same colour shorts? I though this wasn't allowed? Primarily for offside decisions as I understand it. Anyone know the rulings on this (Arbitro?) and why this was permitted?

sei65916493.jpg

21 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Whilst we're talking about kits, (home, away, change etc), did anyone notice that in the Arsenal v Brighton game a couple of weeks ago, both teams were wearing the same colour shorts? I though this wasn't allowed? Primarily for offside decisions as I understand it. Anyone know the rulings on this (Arbitro?) and why this was permitted?

sei65916493.jpg

The laws dictate that kits should be distinguishable between the two teams and match officials. From memory I think the PL relaxed on the colour of shorts but the EFL didn't. I can't think of an EFL match I have seen where the shorts have been the same colour. Official teamsheets state the colour of shirts, shorts and socks as well as keepers colours. The referee could insist on changes at this stage to prevent any problems later.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

The laws dictate that kits should be distinguishable between the two teams and match officials. From memory I think the PL relaxed on the colour of shorts but the EFL didn't. I can't think of an EFL match I have seen where the shorts have been the same colour. Official teamsheets state the colour of shirts, shorts and socks as well as keepers colours. The referee could insist on changes at this stage to prevent any problems later.

Cheers mate. I didn't realise the PL had relaxed the rules. I always thought they had to be different.

Fellow kit geek, always like it when Rovers play teams in Blue and white halves with (the same shade) blue shorts against teams with white shorts.

254D50C8-4D5C-4DDF-A6EB-6C0BDDC8E6E3.jpeg

This seemed to stop the last few years of Umbro (Ince kit) and never really came back, bar is bizarrely wearing navy shorts on a handful of occasions in the last few seasons.

492254C5-A4A6-43EE-82AB-8FEF412EFE9B.jpeg

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Fellow kit geek, always like it when Rovers play teams in Blue and white halves with (the same shade) blue shorts against teams with white shorts.

This seemed to stop the last few years of Umbro (Ince kit) and never really came back, bar is bizarrely wearing navy shorts on a handful of occasions in the last few seasons.

How much better does that shade of blue look on the shirt! Hopefully back to something similar next year.

Surely can't be hard to get some blue shorts that match too.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2019 at 22:25, rog of the rovers said:

I hate it when they wear darker shorts. It looks like a cobbled-together P.E. kit.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, blackburn bhoy said:

Does anyone have any idea when either the home or away shirt for next season will be out ? 

Knowing us it won’t be any time soon.. Home shirt maybe start of July end of June and away shirt towards the end of July. That’s a guess by the way.. 

• Like 1