BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kits 19/20  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What should the home kit always be?

• Royal blue and white shirt
    • Lighter blue and white shirt
    • Blue shorts
    • White shorts
    • Blue socks
    • White socks

Just now, blackburn bhoy said:

The club are apparently saying that next month the home kit will be released but not saying anything about dates .

Amateurish. No other way of describing it. No such issues for Derby, Hull or Brentford and we are back of the queue again.

14 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I assume this has more to do with Umbro’s schedules than Rovers..? Presumably we have no say in when the kits get released. 

We we do, because if we don't like it then we can terminate our contract with Umbro and go elsewhere.

If it is down to Umbros schedules then it needs explaining why all the other Umbro clubs have already released promotional material and firm dates for sales whilst we persist with a vague July date.

17 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I assume this has more to do with Umbro’s schedules than Rovers..? Presumably we have no say in when the kits get released. 

As the customer Rovers should be giving them a delivery date with penalty clauses if it's not met. I worked in purchasing for 25 years and the suppliers I dealt with agreed in writing to delivery schedules. Any variance from these without good cause invariably meant no more orders.

• Like 1

Is it possible that the club are waiting for the players to return to pre-season training so that they can do a signing session in the club shop on either the day of release or the day after?

Also, Everton, who are also with Umbro, aren't revealing theirs until next month either. Huddersfield and Schalke also haven't had their's revealed so we aren't the only ones.

Edited by Gumbi

Just noticed this scarf Downing is holding up. Not seen this design before...

I hope this isn’t a new design to match the kit, meaning that we are going from a ridiculously light sky blue to a ridiculously dark navy. Cos that’s just as shit, and just as wrong.

C16BEEE0-A2D5-43E4-90E6-31D183ADE3EF.png

• Like 2

MB where do I ever say I am not behind the club? It’s an observation that once again marketing strategy is poor and has been very much the same since Beamo was in charge?? if someone had an ounce of common dog they might have changed it a little to excite the fans yet as we reach the end of June all we know is that we have 2 kits being released on sale end of July! A preview would be great, a statement would nice just to evolve a little bit of interest

Having shirts on sale before the school holidays means loads of free marketing across Europe for our iconic blue and white halves. Not to worry, ours will be out in time for when they get back.

Rovers are so small time at the minute it’s untrue.

Do we get a discount from Umbro for being last?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

MB where do I ever say I am not behind the club? It’s an observation that once again marketing strategy is poor and has been very much the same since Beamo was in charge?? if someone had an ounce of common dog they might have changed it a little to excite the fans yet as we reach the end of June all we know is that we have 2 kits being released on sale end of July! A preview would be great, a statement would nice just to evolve a little bit of interest

Suspect the club staff will be sat waiting for a transit van to turn up one morning outside the shop with boxes full of kit and start unloading. Until then they won't know, or indeed care, about when it is going on sale or what promotional material to produce.

We need a kit deal that works for the club rather than sitting around waiting for Umbro to sort it out.

Heatwave coming. Would be great weather to sell a load of new replica shirts......