BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kits 19/20  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What should the home kit always be?

• Royal blue and white shirt
    • Lighter blue and white shirt
    • Blue shorts
    • White shorts
    • Blue socks
    • White socks

3 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

I don’t wish to rain on your parade pal but Toffs were founded in 1990 and that certainly looks like a Toffs label. Mr Trump would be calling that a fake shirt..

3 hours ago, zag79 said:

You mean this one

IMG-20190618-WA0000.jpg

Wouldn't mind  umbro looking through their archives and reproducing the  1960 final kit as our 2019/20 kit (no RED anywhere apart from the modern badge, please :) unless of course they go with the town crest).

They could even revert to the umbro logo they used on the shirt label 60 years ago

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, unsall said:

It’s a lovely kit,why are some so negative 

That word again - even gets bandied around when kits are launched now. Why cant you just say you like it without having a pop at some that might not? JH has a point - alot of the praise is simply because its better than last years (not difficult). There is not much difference between this one and others of recent years though. When they cost 50 quid a pop and you got kids all wanting one, you would hope that it be a little more imaginative. 

I do like it bar the sponsor though but i would not put it anywhere near my top ten favorite rovers kits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, unsall said:

It’s a lovely kit,why are some so negative 

I wasn't overly keen on last years but at least I could see some sort of logic in the decision - trying something different to try and generate some extra interest.

The only plus point I can see is we're going back to darker blue, which the majority will be happy with, but other than that there's nothing to it. Certainly nothing to suggest any difference to Umbro kits of previous years.

No wonder Umbro just churn out the same old stuff every couple of years if some are so happy to pay for it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What more do you want man? 

Blue and white halves has been our kit since time immemorial. They can't really get much creative juices flowing. 

But they can. Man City wear Sky Blue but there's many different ways of delivering that. 

I don't think anyone wants or expects a change from blue and white halves but this Umbro stuff is extremely repetitive and very overpriced. 

Lets be honest. They knew full well that after last season's 'controversial' effort any return to normality would be well received so they've effectively regurgitated a kit from 3 years ago.

Yea I’m kind of in the fence with this one, yes it’s better than last years but it’s so obvious and nothing to get excited about. Put it this way, I’m not screenshotting it and passing it round my mates to be envious about. I would’ve preferred a much darker blue, I’m sure they had a cracker with cis sponsor, I seem to recall Chris Sutton in it for some reason. I’m hoping the away kit is a bit more standoutish as I won’t be buying the home one 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yea I’m kind of in the fence with this one, yes it’s better than last years but it’s so obvious and nothing to get excited about. Put it this way, I’m not screenshotting it and passing it round my mates to be envious about. I would’ve preferred a much darker blue, I’m sure they had a cracker with cis sponsor, I seem to recall Chris Sutton in it for some reason. I’m hoping the away kit is a bit more standoutish as I won’t be buying the home one 

Agreed. I hope its a move back over a short time to a more Royal Blue and not getting us used to other blue hues. Still, small steps and all that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

That word again - even gets bandied around when kits are launched now. Why cant you just say you like it without having a pop at some that might not? JH has a point - alot of the praise is simply because its better than last years (not difficult). There is not much difference between this one and others of recent years though. When they cost 50 quid a pop and you got kids all wanting one, you would hope that it be a little more imaginative. 

I do like it bar the sponsor though but i would not put it anywhere near my top ten favorite rovers kits.

What word,lovely ?

• Backroom
9 hours ago, JHRover said:

I wasn't overly keen on last years but at least I could see some sort of logic in the decision - trying something different to try and generate some extra interest.

The only plus point I can see is we're going back to darker blue, which the majority will be happy with, but other than that there's nothing to it. Certainly nothing to suggest any difference to Umbro kits of previous years.

No wonder Umbro just churn out the same old stuff every couple of years if some are so happy to pay for it.

Personally I really like this years kit, let’s be honest though it’s a very safe and easy design, take something away one year then bring it back the year after and it’s an easy win, EA often do that sort of thing with FIFA games!

Had it had a red collar it would have been amongst my favourites

I’ll pick it up if I can get a sponsor less one otherwise I’ll stick with the near perfect 2011 shirt even if it is synonymous with a terrible time 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

Personally I really like this years kit, let’s be honest though it’s a very safe and easy design, take something away one year then bring it back the year after and it’s an easy win, EA often do that sort of thing with FIFA games!

Had it had a red collar it would have been amongst my favourites

I’ll pick it up if I can get a sponsor less one otherwise I’ll stick with the near perfect 2011 shirt even if it is synonymous with a terrible time 

How do you get a sponsorless one?

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Darker blue, nicer collar, sponsor that doesn’t overpower the shirt. Classier and smarter imo

6CFDC114-2EA0-4139-B74F-0790720779EA.png

That properly takes me back. The one thing I remember being crap about the shirt though was the felt-like sponsor stuck on the front.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

To be nitpicking, it’s not quite Royal Blue but it’s as near as dammit. I think it’s a pretty good effort and I may just get round to buying it. Anything to counteract the plastics wearing the red of either United or Liverpool around Northwich. It’ll be this shirt or the 1960 FA Cup Final one for me. I’ve already had two of the latter (best shirt ever) but the ferking things have both run.

I've had three of the " TOFFS " 1960 Cup Final shirts. I had one framed, I wear one over here and the other one in Spain. My all time favorite shirt with the best crest.

• Like 1

Everton released theirs today. Very similar 'reveal' to ours with mens players and ladies stood wearing it in the stand. 

Their shirt has gone down the route of the GK shirt and Hull shirt with a pattern over the upper half of the body. That's the sort of thing i was expecting from ours with the blue at least having a design or pattern in it.

Still don't get the point of the miniscule amount of red on the shirt. No problem with having red on the home shirt but at least make it recognisable - red sponsor, red collar etc. rather than just a tiny trim around a small part of the sleeve.

Really like this shirt, whilst no footie shirt is actually worth £50  I may invest for once as a show of support for a strip featuring a reasonable shade of blue.

Last season's paler than Man City blue strip was horrendous and I wouldn't have accepted one as a gift.

Not much more to be said really.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The lighter shade is more accurate. Not sure what’s going on with that team photo.

The bloke who posted that first photo said the lighting in the room made it look lighter. I’ve still not seen it in the flesh yet myself.