BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kits 19/20  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What should the home kit always be?

• Royal blue and white shirt
    • Lighter blue and white shirt
    • Blue shorts
    • White shorts
    • Blue socks
    • White socks

Just now, Parsonblue said:

The cost of the away travel season ticket includes the fee for 1875 membership - thus if you are an away travel season ticket holder you automatically become an 1875 member.    

Did the price rise to include membership when introduced or was it absorbed into the away travel cost? 

Just now, JHRover said:

Did the price rise to include membership when introduced or was it absorbed into the away travel cost? 

When they introduced the 1875 membership scheme it became part of the away travel package. The away travel season ticket tends to be flexible in terms of price from one year to the next - due to the distances travelled and fuel costs.  You also have to remember that if you travel by car or rail and decide not to go to games you incur no costs.  With the away travel season ticket you pay up front for the season and if you don't go to the game you lose that money unless your seat on the coach can be sold to another supporter.  The real benefit with away travel, particularly in the past, is that you are guaranteed match tickets.  This proved usual during our brief excursion in League One at a couple of grounds but these days has no real benefit unless we reach a Cup Final.  

I must admit that I got full benefit from the 1875 membership over the past couple of seasons with things that I was able to get from the Club shop with little or no cost due to points on the membership scheme. 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

When they introduced the 1875 membership scheme it became part of the away travel package. The away travel season ticket tends to be flexible in terms of price from one year to the next - due to the distances travelled and fuel costs.  You also have to remember that if you travel by car or rail and decide not to go to games you incur no costs.  With the away travel season ticket you pay up front for the season and if you don't go to the game you lose that money unless your seat on the coach can be sold to another supporter.  The real benefit with away travel, particularly in the past, is that you are guaranteed match tickets.  This proved usual during our brief excursion in League One at a couple of grounds but these days has no real benefit unless we reach a Cup Final.  

I must admit that I got full benefit from the 1875 membership over the past couple of seasons with things that I was able to get from the Club shop with little or no cost due to points on the membership scheme. 

Is there any financial benefit in joining the away travel club Parson? For example is a trip that costs £20 for an occasional traveller cheaper in the complete package for a member?

49 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I thought Club Cash was available to all supporters, including those who aren't season ticket holders or 1875 members, you just get a lesser amount awarded. 

My total club cash last year came to about 25 quid. That included my season ticket, membership and programme subscription. If I hadn't been an 1875 member I'd have still got about 20 quid club cash. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Is there any financial benefit in joining the away travel club Parson? For example is a trip that costs £20 for an occasional traveller cheaper in the complete package for a member?

If you intend attending every away game then the away travel season ticket works out cheaper than buying coach tickets on a match by match basis.  I think this season it works out at something like an average of £18 per trip with the away travel season ticket.   

I've had the 1875 membership for the last two seasons (when I also had a season ticket). I travel to the games by myself from Liverpool, but it was handy to have for the ticket discount whenever my partner fancied coming to a game. The initial club cash off my shirt purchase effectively offset the membership cost before that anyway.

I'm not renewing this season, so I've bought the membership to make use of the discount on the games I can make at Ewood, as well as to get the slight priority on away tickets before they go on general sale.

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 1

Just now, RoverKyle said:

I've had the 1875 membership for the last two seasons (when I also had a season ticket). I travel to the games by myself from Liverpool, but it was handy to have for the ticket discount whenever my partner fancied coming to a game. The initial club cash off my shirt purchase effectively offset the membership cost before that anyway.

I'm not renewing this season, so I've bought the membership to make use of the discount on the games I can make at Ewood, as well as to get the slight priority on away tickets before they go on general sale.

Out of interest, how much is the usual home game ticket discount for 1875 members?

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

If you intend attending every away game then the away travel season ticket works out cheaper than buying coach tickets on a match by match basis.  I think this season it works out at something like an average of £18 per trip with the away travel season ticket.   

Thanks Parson. I was I just intrigued about the benefits of joining.

55 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Out of interest, how much is the usual home game ticket discount for 1875 members?

It's £3 per ticket for category A & B games (so effectively all of them). They've promised further discounts for the two category A+ games, but haven't disclosed that information yet. 

So I'll be able to get a ticket for £22 or £25, depending on who we play. Unless the discount is massive for the category A+ games, I won't be going to those because £40 is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Christ!

Being PP, thought it was a wind-up... but no!

81287A3F-E0F0-4AC5-846B-406711E6F4DF.png

It looks like they are wearing sashes.

I actually thought there was a regulation regarding the dimensions of advertising. This either exceeds it or certainly pushes the boundaries.

• Like 1

They must be paying a huge sponsorship amount, thats a Paddy Power logo with a shirt underneath rather than a shirt with a sponsor on it.

Their forums are a fun read although most think its a windup as it exceeds the sponsor specifications. My personal favourite comment so far:

"It looks like we won Miss Paddy Power" 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 3

Just now, JacknOry said:

They must be paying a huge sponsorship amount, thats a Paddy Power logo with a shirt underneath rather than a shirt with a sponsor on it. 

I was being told the other day that Huddersfield are facing quite serious financial difficulties. Perhaps this is the price to pay for a bit more cash.

Just now, Butty said:

Paddy Power love a bit of publicity, what’s the betting the kit will be different too that in reality? 

I would imagine so, they have been doing a bit of digging...understandably, and:

The following Advertising is permitted:

(i) Playing kit

(a) On the Clothing of a Player on the field of play, the following areas shall be permitted to be used for Advertising

One single area not exceeding 250 square centimetres on the front of the shirt (see Fig 10);
One single area not exceeding 100 square centimetres on the back of the shirt (see Fig 13);
One single area not exceeding 100 square centimetres on each sleeve of the shirt, between the shoulder seam and the elbow (provided Affiliated Association or Competition Rules so permit) (see Fig 12);
One single area not exceeding 100 square centimetres on the back of the shorts (see Fig 14); and
Once only on each sock tie-up providing it does not exceed an area of 100 square centimetres (see Fig 11).
One or more company may be advertised and, in respect of any one company, one or more of its products. The same Advertising must appear in the same form on the Clothing of all Players and Club Officials, wherever such Advertising appears, throughout the entirety of the match.

(b) Any Advertising under C2(i) must be clearly separated from the items described in B above.

• Backroom

100% fake, it would break all the sponsorship rules and Umbro been hyping it like every other release

its got people talking, it’s tacky of Huddersfield to be used by Paddy Power for their gains but it’s not the real kit 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Yeah it won’t be, Tom. I believe PP’s ‘Head of Mischief’ is behind it :rolleyes:

As you say, Huddersfield don’t come out of it well either way.

Their website has the usual Umbro photos of the shorts and socks folded on a mucky floor in the stand but not the shirt as well so it’s pretty clear

I just find it tacky of them but maybe I’m just getting old  

• Like 1