BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kits 19/20  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What should the home kit always be?

• Royal blue and white shirt
    • Lighter blue and white shirt
    • Blue shorts
    • White shorts
    • Blue socks
    • White socks

• Moderation Lead
Just now, JacknOry said:

Its a crap kit in my opinion, probably the worst kit in my lifetime - sorry if that means i'm overreacting.

Not every reaction is an over reaction. Some people just can’t handle different opinions, or criticism of anything, I wouldn’t worry about it. 

This would be a really boring forum with nothing to moderate if we all agreed though!

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

Ah i know, just gets a bit tiresome when people jump on others for having an opinion. I noticed a few here saying they liked it - didn't see anyone jumping on them. Only seems to be the other way around. 

• Like 2

Terrible. I want to know what that bit is meant to be. Does it represent something, or was somebody just bored, or ran out of ideas. Then said aah well, lets just put this nonsense in, and make some money

I actually don't mind the pattern, it's the colour that does it. Revolting and silly when we won't be able to wear it in numerous away games.

I reckon the same shirt but black with red pattern or yellow with blue pattern could have been a classic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

I like it and judging from the reaction on Twitter, many other people do too. It's a break from tradition, nothing wrong with that. 

It certainly is a break from tradition----a Venky special in fact!  :(

58 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No not those who just dislike it, just those who clearly are over reacting.... 

Have a read back there. Shouldn't be difficult to find some. 

Anyone who likes it is over-reacting imo. Clever division into halves but that's it.

Just seeing the new away shirt now. Is the blue sponsor on the away shirt a p*ss-take? Why couldn't that have been replicated on the home shirt. Would have improved it immeasurably.

Couple of beautiful mock-ups on here today, but they need to offer these 'out there' alternatives to try and grab sales from one off away shirt purchasers I think 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, doctorryan said:

Alright, that's it!!!

First, we need somebody in East Lancs who knows how to silk screen to carve out 2 10Bet logos. (make sure they're perfect)

Everybody who prefers the red/black halves buy one from Umbro. (You can get their generic blue/white too if for some reason you dislike this year's traditional (home) kit.)

Now we'll need a good supply of embroidered club badges. (Does the club sell them in the store?)

Someone will need to offer at cost to screen the 10Bet logo onto the kits (white onto red/black, RED onto blue/white) & affix the badges. (DO NOT TRY TO PROFIT FROM THIS; THE CLUB &/OR UMBRO WILL SUE.)

Voila: The kits I believe most of us prefer exactly as we want them, complete with the current sponsor's logo in the color it should be.

If enough of us keep doing this they will eventually capitulate; it's simple commercial math.  It will take a concerted effort, but we can do this.

potkits.png

That looks so, so much better.

• Like 3

I've been wondering why the shift towards more appearances of the monochrome badge. On the away shirt this season, last season, on the training gear this season and last season too. Also featured a few years ago.

I presume it is cheaper to produce our badge in the 'monochrome' format or as a plastic sticker as it has been on the training gear than it is to produce the full badge which is relatively detailed, involves lots of different colours in small amounts and is probably quite difficult compared to most clubs to produce. 

Football clubs have moved towards more simple badges using less colours as they are easier to replicate on their merchandising.

Our badge must have blue, white, red, green, yellow, black - all different colours, suspect it is more expensive to make than others.....

14 hours ago, doctorryan said:

Alright, that's it!!!

First, we need somebody in East Lancs who knows how to silk screen to carve out 2 10Bet logos. (make sure they're perfect)

Everybody who prefers the red/black halves buy one from Umbro. (You can get their generic blue/white too if for some reason you dislike this year's traditional (home) kit.)

Now we'll need a good supply of embroidered club badges. (Does the club sell them in the store?)

Someone will need to offer at cost to screen the 10Bet logo onto the kits (white onto red/black, RED onto blue/white) & affix the badges. (DO NOT TRY TO PROFIT FROM THIS; THE CLUB &/OR UMBRO WILL SUE.)

Voila: The kits I believe most of us prefer exactly as we want them, complete with the current sponsor's logo in the color it should be.

If enough of us keep doing this they will eventually capitulate; it's simple commercial math.  It will take a concerted effort, but we can do this.

potkits.png

I quite like this idea but am not volunteering to get involved!

I bought my one and only replica shirt - call me a tightwad if you must! I can't get my head round why people apparently feel they have to buy a new one every season - at the start of the season when our owners sycophantically(?) tied up with the Prince of Wales' Trust but before they had permission to put the Trust's logo on the shirt.

As an old fogey, I'm proud to wear a modern Rovers shirt which looks back to the advert-free days when my Dad first brought me to Ewood in the 1950s. That'll do for me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

That looks so, so much better.

I really do commend you for all your efforts sir and it must have taken time but .... I really struggle to see why so many fans want as much RED!! We are not man United we are not liverpool we are blackburn rovers....... I would have liked our home kit in negative for an away strip or yes go with the half thing. But why red.................. sorry but I hate red did you pick up on that...... 

Just now, geedog13 said:

I really do commend you for all your efforts sir and it must have taken time but .... I really struggle to see why so many fans want as much RED!! We are not man United we are not liverpool we are blackburn rovers....... I would have liked our home kit in negative for an away strip or yes go with the half thing. But why red.................. sorry but I hate red did you pick up on that...... 

A red trim has been part of the Rovers home shirt for decades. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

A red trim has been part of the Rovers home shirt for decades. 

That is a myth, if one ignores the Red Rose. 

In the 2000s we have had some form of Red trim about 50% of the time and just a few times in the 1990s. It was used throughout the 1980s but never before the mid-1970s

Edited by AllRoverAsia