Jump to content

Kits 19/20  

187 members have voted

  1. 1. What should the home kit always be?

    • Royal blue and white shirt
      180
    • Lighter blue and white shirt
      8
    • Blue shorts
      9
    • White shorts
      139
    • Blue socks
      87
    • White socks
      54


Recommended Posts

Seems pretty clear to me that most Rovers fans would prefer a halved away strip. Maybe once every four or five years mix it up but halves (quarters) is what we do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Think we just need the bloody things released looking at this thread!

I don’t really understand why they can’t even get the designs marketed. Are we really in the middle of June and still can’t even say when they will be on sale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why they can't even have a release date, let alone any proper marketing material. Is it really just a case of waiting for the van to turn up outside the shop and unload the boxes? Seems poor to me. We keep hearing about needing more income yet replica kit and gear is approached so poorly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2019 at 06:55, Herbie6590 said:

Halves should always be reversed on the back & sleeves contrast at the front (halved sleeves EVEN better...) but it shows what Umbro can do when they bring out their A game...👌🏻

 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Seems pretty clear to me that most Rovers fans would prefer a halved away strip. Maybe once every four or five years mix it up but halves (quarters) is what we do.

Halves reversed on the back means the shirt is in quarters. It should ALWAYS be like this because that is our traditional shirt. There was only one season (16/17?) when we had true halved shirts when the "halves" were not reversed on the back, this being allowed by our stupid, naive owners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bazza said:

 

Halves reversed on the back means the shirt is in quarters. It should ALWAYS be like this because that is our traditional shirt. There was only one season (16/17?) when we had true halved shirts when the "halves" were not reversed on the back, this being allowed by our stupid, naive owners.

It's happened for a few seasons in the venkys era,

11/12, 12/13, 15/16 & 16/17.

Then we had the kits of 13/14 & 14/15 where they swapped the blue & white around, and then this season with the horrible pale blue.

The only home shirt they have got right is the 17/18 league one shirt.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent training gear ruined by a tacky sponsor sadly, makes business sense though I’m sure the deal is worth more than they make in the sales of training gear 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have made a nice away kit, I’m taking this as a hopeful sign.

Also memories of our Orange away kit in 97/98.....which I’m sure, still divides opinion!

 

085E7EC0-9D23-44A4-8B5A-E8EA8F1F6900.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

I still remember the club marketing it as a ‘European style kit’ :D

Doesn’t get more European than... err... Blackpool...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a feeling one of the kits could be coming today. Rovers and Umbro replying to people with a “👀” kind of vibe. Last time they did that was the morning of the training kit reveal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I won’t be wearing the training kit around Glasgow, that’s for certain!

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2019 at 17:36, rog of the rovers said:

Would have made a nice away kit, I’m taking this as a hopeful sign.

Also memories of our Orange away kit in 97/98.....which I’m sure, still divides opinion!

 

085E7EC0-9D23-44A4-8B5A-E8EA8F1F6900.jpeg

Classic, had Gallagher in the back of mine. Looked filthy brand new!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact we have to wait so long is partly why there is such an adverse reaction when the kit is awful, like last season.

All the speculation and build up, and concept kit after concept kit (which all look better) just increases the disappointment.

Just get the photos out already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

The fact we have to wait so long is partly why there is such an adverse reaction when the kit is awful, like last season.

All the speculation and build up, and concept kit after concept kit (which all look better) just increases the disappointment.

Just get the photos out already.

Couldn't agree more. The kits will be done, so just release them. 

Although I did enjoy doing the concepts lol. 

Edited by sharpysharps86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These look pretty minging to me....but Ive never bought a training top so cant see many people being that fussed. 

Hoping the home or away kits are an improvement on last year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the prices that get me, £25 for some poor quality shorts is a scandal, especially in a town like Blackburn where average wages are low compared to other areas. Overpriced tat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hull one is unique at least 

 

I like it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.