BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kits 19/20  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What should the home kit always be?

• Royal blue and white shirt
    • Lighter blue and white shirt
    • Blue shorts
    • White shorts
    • Blue socks
    • White socks

• Backroom

As I said a couple of months back, the away shirt is grey halves with a pattern in one side of one half.

I've not seen it, just what I had been told... I wonder if the pattern in one half is the same as the pattern on the GK shirt? Would be different!

• Like 1

Much better than last year!! Proper shade of blue again. I wonder if the club is at the mercy of what Umbro decides or whether the club were very well aware that last season shirt was very unpopular.

I do think the Bet 10 logo is crap. Why cant they colour code it like they do on other kits? A navy colour would be much better.

Edited by benhben
  • Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Where do you obtain the exact colours from?

It mentions the name of the colour on the kit purchase page, so looked up if it was a pantone colour.  Hex/html colour is 007CB7  for colour matching the web design stuff :)

• Like 3

Biggest scandal of all is that after all the marketing on umbro/Twitter etc they dont have it in the feckin club shop. Just been in made a special journey.....lad in shop said loads have been in, wall is empty but kit is in window......

This is typical of the shambles that is our club is in the background. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

That wasnt on originally and the guy in the shop confirmed it was a marketing cock up....sorry to burst your bubble 

So I'll repeat my deleted comment that if I'd made my usual journey from Heywood by public transport on the basis of what had been on the website and had found I couldn't buy the new shirt, the air would have been blue.

And white, of course!?

• Like 2

Very average and boring kit. Virtually identical to recent Umbro efforts of 2011 and 2016. Slight alteration with no red on the collar and that's about it. I had hoped with the Hull and West Ham efforts that we'd see some form of different design or pattern but no.

Nothing wrong with it but nothing to set it aside from recent home shirts. Same old.

The Bet 10 sponsor still looks rubbish.

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

Very average and boring kit. Virtually identical to recent Umbro efforts of 2011 and 2016. Slight alteration with no red on the collar and that's about it. I had hoped with the Hull and West Ham efforts that we'd see some form of different design or pattern but no.

Nothing wrong with it but nothing to set it aside from recent home shirts. Same old.

If it was in anyway different fans would have slated it. It is 100% a safe and classic choice.

Word is the away kit might be a bit more experimental. 

• Like 1

Just now, m1st said:

So I'll repeat my deleted comment that if I'd made my usual journey from Heywood by public transport on the basis of what had been on the website and had found I couldn't buy the new shirt, the air would have been blue.

And white, of course!?

I agree...why was it deleted?

Just now, JHRover said:

I like plain as possible as per avatar.

If I want Fancy Dress I'll go to a party.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If it was in anyway different fans would have slated it. It is 100% a safe and classic choice.

Word is the away kit might be a bit more experimental. 

When charging 50 quid a time I'd expect a bit more imagination than effectively just repeating the same design as 3 years ago.

End the day sales will determine success but for me it doesn't look like any thought has gone into it but it will be well received because they've reverted back to darker blue.

Not really any point in the red trim on the sleeves given it doesn't appear anywhere else.

Edited by JHRover

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

When charging 50 quid a time I'd expect a bit more imagination than effectively just repeating the same design as 3 years ago.

End the day sales will determine success but for me it doesn't look like any thought has gone into it but it will be well received because they've reverted back to darker blue.

Not really any point in the red trim on the sleeves given it doesn't appear anywhere else.

de5ece654d59a289b2e099848a3ec058--statle

:)

47 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What more do you want man? 

Blue and white halves has been our kit since time immemorial. They can't really get much creative juices flowing. Quite frankly it's only the modern day world why a new kit is brought about every season anyway. It is also the modern world why we end up with the weird blue we had last year because everybody expects something "NEW", or old as that tried to play itself out as.

We've had the same design for over a century and, with any luck, will continue to have the same design for another century.  Bring on next years kit of (THE RIGHT SHADE OF) Blue and White halves. Great.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd have preferred red around the collar

Is my memory playing tricks on me; or did some shirts back in the 1970s/early 80s have the red collar and/or sleeves in line with the patriotic Red, White & Blue?

My current replica shirt is one from the season when our owners eventually got round to putting the Prince of Wales' emblem and motto on it.

As an old Fogey who prefers not to walk round with adverts on my clothing, I bought the shirt before the agreement had been made with the Prince of Wales Trust and didn't avail myself of the offer to have the emblem and motto put on the shirt. It's the nearest I could get to a modern shirt harking back to the days when I was growing up.

Just now, m1st said:

Is my memory playing tricks on me; or did some shirts back in the 1970s/early 80s have the red collar and/or sleeves in line with the patriotic Red, White & Blue?

My current replica shirt is one from the season when our owners eventually got round to putting the Prince of Wales' emblem and motto on it.

As an old Fogey who prefers not to walk round with adverts on my clothing, I bought the shirt before the agreement had been made with the Prince of Wales Trust and didn't avail myself of the offer to have the emblem and motto put on the shirt. It's the nearest I could get to a modern shirt harking back to the days when I was growing up.

Someone will probably point out it's a "bloody charity" as they did when I noted my dislike for that shirt because of republican beliefs. Well if anyone should start a "bloody charity" it's them! It's more of a figurehead position anyway hardly pouring their own money into the thing.

Edited by Vinjay17