Kits 19/20  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What should the home kit always be?

• Royal blue and white shirt
    • Lighter blue and white shirt
    • Blue shorts
    • White shorts
    • Blue socks
    • White socks

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

LEAVE OUR BADGE WELL ALONE..FORGET CHANGING IT!!!!!:angry:

As for the new away kit...looked even worse than I thought today at Ibrox.

Shyte.

I was a bit alarmed at the new away kit but thought it actually looked good in Glasgow. With you on the badge though and, as an exiled Lancastrian, I don't like seeing that rose in monochrome. I doubt that would be allowed in Yorkshire :angry:

15 hours ago, Gumbi said:

Given that neither the club or Umbro are mentioning anything about a third kit when people ask about it on Twitter makes me think we are getting something new as opposed to using the yellow kit again. Otherwise they may as well just say now instead of keeping quiet about it.

Also, the new away kit will only be needed against four teams (five if we can get away with it against Sheffield Wednesday due to their black shorts), whereas we would need a third kit for 10 games (nine if we can wear the grey one against Sheffield Wednesday).

Not sure where you get ten from, only teams we will potentially not be able to wear that is against the teams in all/mostly white of which there are 5 of them:

Derby

Fulham

Leeds

Preston

Swansea

Other teams have either a lot of blue or red so no issue with a grey kit in my mind, there could be an argument for one or two of those teams above that with our darker blue, blue shorts and socks our full kit would easily stand out against a full white kit or white top and black shorts.  The away kit with green shorts and socks would definitely stand out!

I'm not certain a third kit will be used.

Just now, The Gull said:

Surely we will just use last seasons yellow shirt if theres a clash?

If we do ever change the badge, I just hope that it isn’t on Waggott’s watch.

At least a crap away kit will only be around for a season.

I notice Liverpool have that all singing and dancing ‘main’ badge, but their kit has just the Liver Bird and ‘LFC’.

4 hours ago, The Gull said:

Not sure where you get ten from, only teams we will potentially not be able to wear that is against the teams in all/mostly white of which there are 5 of them:

Derby

Fulham

Leeds

Preston

Swansea

Other teams have either a lot of blue or red so no issue with a grey kit in my mind, there could be an argument for one or two of those teams above that with our darker blue, blue shorts and socks our full kit would easily stand out against a full white kit or white top and black shorts.  The away kit with green shorts and socks would definitely stand out!

The others are Reading, QPR, Huddersfield and possibly Sheffield Wednesday and West Brom.

Just to point out compared to Rovers there's room for improvement at most clubs. These are the ones I would consider in the top 2 tiers...and by "consider change" that means it's not essential. 

EPL

Arsenal (Consider change)

Aston Villa (Thought that badge they had in the 90's EPL and for a while after was better)

Bournemouth (Consider change)

Brighton (Consider change)

Burnley (Dull badge, dull name, should change club name to Burnley clarets)

Chelsea (Consider change but it's one of the better in that category)

Crystal Palace (Consider change)

Everton (Consider change, didn't like the previous one much either)

Leeds (Would consider change to rose more like Rovers.)

Leicester (Consider change)

Liverpool (Should change the one on the shirt back to one they use otherwise)

Man City (Thought the previous badge was better but majority wanted it changed)

Man United (........)

Newcastle (Consider change)

Norwich (Poor badge)

Sheffield United (Keep the blades, similar changes to Leeds otherwise)

Tottenham (Consider change)

Watford (Consider change)

Wolves (Consider change)

West Ham (Preferred previous one. Should keep London on the badge though.

EFL Champonship

Birmingham City (No change)

Barnsley (Boring name, much better than the one with the cartoon dog but still underwhelming)

Brentford (Consider change)

Bristol City (A bit underwhelming like football in Bristol is historically)

Cardiff (Very underwhelming, change that instead of the shirts next time)

Charlton (No change)

Derby County (Don't like it at all)

Fulham (Bit dull)

Huddersfield (White rose again)

Hull City (Silly cartoon tiger)

Luton (Unimpressive)

Middlesbrough (Preferred that circular badge they had)

Millwall (Consider change, fans would probably vote for one with barbed wire and baseball bats)

Nottingham Forest (No change)

Preston North End (Underwhelming, name too regional)

QPR (Consider change)

Reading (Boring)

Sheffield Wednesday (Poor)

Stoke (Boring so probably fits)

Swansea City (Terrible badge barely even looks like one)

West Brom (Remove that bird)

Wigan (Consider change)

Best badge of other European clubs? Probably Inter.

Edited by Vinjay17

1 hour ago, Gumbi said:

The others are Reading, QPR, Huddersfield and possibly Sheffield Wednesday and West Brom.

Grey kit will be fine against those teams

12 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

For absolute clarity, we are not aware of ANY initiative to change the badge... this guy does some interesting stuff though...

060536E5-51E8-4894-9FDC-7FDB7068C7CA.png

6EE1D663-5416-4EC6-9441-789B1970E3F1.png

That is far too similar even for a concept badge. If we were to change, it would need to be in the same way that Man City did.

37E88A7A-2869-42BB-B7EE-F7C8AF6E0001.jpeg

Yeah, I was on about when they re-branded. Not sure about the eagle mind.

I imagine the biggest push for a 'new' badge for Rovers would ultimately come from the kit and merchandise producers. As much as we as fans might like the Rovers badge and as unique as it is in the world of football I expect it is relatively speaking one of the more difficult ones to produce en masse and plaster over kits and training gear. Its an unusual shape, rather than a standard circle or shield, has quite a bit of detail and critically has lots of different colours.  

Most of us like it because it has remained virtually the same since it first appeared 30-40 years ago and is the clubs only proper crest in its entire history. It is instantly recognizable. But looking at it from a modern kit manufacturers point of view it must be hard work to deal with. Over the years clubs have succumbed to ditching their traditional crests and coat of arms and have adopted plan, simple and 'modern' crests which are far easier to copyright, produce and stick on kits. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Rovers face those pressures in time to come, having to satisfy modern 'requirements'. I expect that was one of the underlying reasons City adopted their new badge and was definitely one of the reasons Arsenal simplified theirs.

I also think the pink/orange/white crests we've seen recently on away shirts and training gear are the first step towards that - much easier and cheaper to produce gear with those on than with our multi-coloured and detailed normal crest.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I love our badge as do we all. Just leave the last pieces of our identity alone. Not everything needs a price tag putting on it

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I love our badge as do we all. Just leave the last pieces of our identity alone. Not everything needs a price tag putting on it

I think it depends what you are trying to achieve. It was a part of a change of culture at City. Not necessarily better from a purist point of view but hugely successful. Having done that, they’ve pretty much changed it back.

35 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Yellow kit again tonight?

No sign of a 3rd shirt just yet, though I imagine, wearing the grey against a team in white, will not be allowed.

I expect we will ask Bury to wear their away shirt so that we can wear the grey.

On 21/07/2019 at 23:52, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

As for the new away kit...looked even worse than I thought today at Ibrox.

Shyte.

Sorry, S G 194, I'm with 1864roverite on this one. I had only seen close-up photos of the new design which filled me with trepidation.

Watching the game on Sunday, however, we were too far away from the players to see the, erm, 'niceties' of the design. All we could see were a team wearing what looked like a plain grey shirt and shorts.

Thank goodness it wasn’t just me. The kit looked like used dishcloths from a distance and the numbers didn’t show either... I appreciate the problem of away kits to be changed each season but I always dread the grey/black time.