BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2018/19 Season Reviews/Conclusions

• 2 weeks later...

This kind of brain washing really pisses me off. We were in the third tier for precisely one season, yet “we’ve learned from our first season back in the Championship” - as though we had no idea what to expect.

Any player who is thinking like this needs to be shipped out pronto.

EB5A9D14-E2A7-4E33-ABE3-220D439AC92B.jpeg

• Like 4

Interviews on the official site are always platitude ridden hot air.

I stopped putting any stock into them years ago. All about their body language and effort levels on the pitch over ‘the lads are wanting to put things right’, ‘we’ve a tight knit group’ , ‘[enter current manager here] is the best I’ve ever played under.

Etc etc etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

This kind of brain washing really pisses me off. We were in the third tier for precisely one season, yet “we’ve learned from our first season back in the Championship” - as though we had no idea what to expect.

The Club does it because it works, some fans are so gullible it beggars belief. 

The claptrap of “our first season back in the Championship”  has been trotted out numerous times even on this MB.

I read the Bennett interview earlier today and filed it in the shit bucket.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

The longer we stay out of the top flight the more and more small time we’ll become.

I mean, look at PNE.

Almost 60 years too. Let’s hope it isn’t that long. Most we’ve ever had was 26 years.

Another unwanted record that Venkys probably have in their sights!

Were the Raos originally from Padiham?

I hope TM has learned Bennett is not a right back outside of emergency in fact I hope he's learned Bennett is the ultimate utility man...starting from the bench.

Somehow i'm not so sure.

So with the same players that we had in the Championship season we got relegated on a record points haul and by GD, before, have now learned alot about the same league as if its the first time they have been there? Dack, Rothwell, Travis and Bell are the only ones that might have learned (the latter i am not so sure).

Edited by JacknOry

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

I hope TM has learned Bennett is not a right back outside of emergency in fact I hope he's learned Bennett is the ultimate utility man...starting from the bench.

Somehow i'm not so sure.

With Nyambe being away with Namibia he will miss much of pre season as he will be on an extended holiday. That probably means Bennett will play right back until Nyambe gets up to speed.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

With Nyambe being away with Namibia he will miss much of pre season as he will be on an extended holiday. That probably means Bennett will play right back until Nyambe gets up to speed.

That's saying Tony prefers nyambe,  quite clearly he prefers Bennet at RB.

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

That's saying Tony prefers nyambe,  quite clearly he prefers Bennet at RB.

It's a strange one because for the first three quarters of the season (injuries aside) Nyambe was the undisputed first choice. He was unreservedly dropped and never really got back in the team. During this period he signed a new deal. One school of thought was that Mowbray wanted to shoehorn Bennett into the team. Another rumour was a fall out.

Very strange.

• Like 1

Still not totally beyond comprehension that Nyambe could be sold he's signed the new deal and if he has a bit of exposure in his National summer tournament there might be interest.

Mowbray could see it as a way of raising a few quid and creating a space for one of his established favs at the same time.  Whatever happens there was some odd goings on with him last season for no apparent reason.

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

Granted but making us sound like a small time outfit lucky to have stayed up is particularly galling.

Plenty of fans believe this tripe too.

Like the post Stuart   - not a social media  brainwashed myself but have you  commented back  as such?

• 5 months later...

Sad thing is we only really needed a couple of good defenders and then play everyone in the right positions, drop Benno and Del, get Rothwell in proper etc, could be a cracking team. Bauer and Semi Ajayi would have done it. Graham should be playing more too, Charlie making cameo appearances here and there and banging a few in......it could have been so different 

• Like 1