BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich - tempting fate

17 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Norwich City,never the most successful of clubs.Sweet memories of giving them a 7-1 hammering on a wet Saturday afternoon with a Shearer inspired rampant Rovers side...chipped their keeper from 20 yards....Ewood Terraces in raptures.

Sweet memories indeed.

Norwich have played some very good football this Season and deserve their promotion,I just think they will have too much for us on the night.

2-1

Missed this game...wedding day ?

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Missed this game...wedding day ?

I missed it too. Was a kid at the time and we didn’t have season tickets, so my dad would just take me to the games that I asked to go to. Usually I would look in midweek and see who we were playing and make a decision then. For some reason that week I forgot to look. I eventually saw the fixtures in the Saturday morning paper and asked if we could go, but my dad had already made other plans and so we missed it. I was almost in tears listening to it on Radio Lancs as I heard what I was missing out on!

The year after we got season tickets (and have had them ever since), I’m sure mainly because of my moaning about missing this game - which I’m still doing now nearly 30 years later!!

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Without Lenihan we will get murdered I think. We're so poor at the back without him.

If he doesn't make it I honestly would put Magloire in. It's a big call for Mowbray though to tell Mulgrew - the club captain - he isn't playing due to a kid with 2 games under his belt. 

I have nightmares about the Delboy and  Magloire showing at Hillsborough.

Would be a rout.

I don’t blame Magloire either, Williams looked like he’d never played football before.

Without Lenihan we’d need someone who has played lots of it next to him... at least then we’d score a free kick.

Half expect Smallwood to partner Travis too. 

It will be a big occasion and atmosphere - Evans will go missing.

Edited by S8 & Blue

25 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

It will be a big occasion and atmosphere - Evans will go missing.

Thankfully we have an experienced and pretty talented midfielder on the books for two games more ?

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

I did a thing too with the lovely people at Along Come Norwich...

https://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/blackburn-h-the-preview

That was brilliant :) Thanks for sharing the link.

As for tomorrow's game,

I hope we can continue our recent form, and look to end the season on an up-swing, but in reality am expecting a hammering - this is their promotion party after all, and we normally roll over and play dead when somebody else needs something from a game.

Roll on next season's blue and white promotion party eh? (not going to hold my breath).

• Like 2

We've won the last 4 and Norwich have drawn their last 4. On paper, therefore, they are due a win and we are due a loss.  They expect to clinch the championship with this game. It all points towards a Norwich rout. But football is a funny old game.

Right. Brereton makes an early goal for Dack. Later Dack assists Big Ben to put Rovers 2 up. Norwich pull 1 back before half time.  On about 55 minutes Norwich equalise. But later. somehow, we score a 3rd and then, incredulously we get a 4th. On 88 minutes they get their 3rd and, with 6 minutes of added time, I bite my fingernails and fingers down to the knuckles as they pile the pressure on. Eventually the final whistle blows and I fall exhausted to the floor.

We'll win 4-3

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bazza said:

We've won the last 4 and Norwich have drawn their last 4. On paper, therefore, they are due a win and we are due a loss.  They expect to clinch the championship with this game. It all points towards a Norwich rout. But football is a funny old game.

Right. Brereton makes an early goal for Dack. Later Dack assists Big Ben to put Rovers 2 up. Norwich pull 1 back before half time.  On about 55 minutes Norwich equalise. But later. somehow, we score a 3rd and then, incredulously we get a 4th. On 88 minutes they get their 3rd and, with 6 minutes of added time, I bite my fingernails and fingers down to the knuckles as they pile the pressure on. Eventually the final whistle blows and I fall exhausted to the floor.

We'll win 4-3

I’ll take it! Hope your hands get better.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I remember BDS being in there before, which was a shock to him.

Looks as if some ‘journalist’ trawls through all the Championship forums every Friday...

‘Journalist’ or ‘Copyright thief’?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I remember BDS being in there before, which was a shock to him.

Looks as if some ‘journalist’ trawls through all the Championship forums every Friday...

The Magloire PR train is in full force weirdly.

Why cherry pick that comment out?

On 26/04/2019 at 03:36, @roverseas said:

Step forward the party poopers! That will be us!  I expect Rovers to get something from this game, but it will not dampen the spirits at Carrow Road as I feel the stars will allign and either they will be promoted by a freak result involving Sheff Utd & Ipswich or they will get a point against us to seal the deal.  Rovers should play the best available selection but I would like to see a few more fresh faces on the bench itching to make their debuts or continue their progression.  My old mucker Harvey Monck is back to talk up all things Norwich.  It appears that I wont be chatting with him for a while.

The production value on these is so good.

• Like 3

On 26/04/2019 at 12:55, DaveyB said:

I missed it too. Was a kid at the time and we didn’t have season tickets, so my dad would just take me to the games that I asked to go to. Usually I would look in midweek and see who we were playing and make a decision then. For some reason that week I forgot to look. I eventually saw the fixtures in the Saturday morning paper and asked if we could go, but my dad had already made other plans and so we missed it. I was almost in tears listening to it on Radio Lancs as I heard what I was missing out on!

The year after we got season tickets (and have had them ever since), I’m sure mainly because of my moaning about missing this game - which I’m still doing now nearly 30 years later!!

I had a terrible cold, the weather was bad, I almost went home. Glad I didn't! Forgot about my cold after that first goal of Shearer's, and that I was p*** wet through.

Shame they can't bottle the stuff, Shearer wonder goals, clears up sniffles in no time.