BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich - tempting fate

Just now, DE. said:

We've made them look amazing to be fair. We aren't closing down at all. Most teams would look incredible if they were allowed as much time as they wanted on the ball. It's been a pretty shameful effort so far. The fans who have travelled deserve better than this. 13 shots for Norwich already in 27 minutes. They look like scoring every time they come forward, our defence is non-existent. 

We haven't been on it, but we haven't been on it on numerous occasions and I've not seen a single team look anywhere near this good against us on those occasions. I think this is one of those times we're tempted to believe it's our fault, but actually it's the excellence of the best team in the league trying to clinch promotion, firing on all cylinders. If it weren't for two excellent strikes we'd be 1-0 up! The class is making the difference.

• Like 1

Just now, Traviscon said:

Williams has cleared up 2 or 3 situations at the back. He looks more natural at CB.

While watching Bennett at RB is as painful as always. He does well at times chucking his body in front of shots and getting the odd tackle in but when he’s isolated one on one it’s always painful too watch. 

Just now, J*B said:

Caught me out big time there, was half way to a month ban!

To hell with that, ban him. It's completely unacceptable to be so offensive towards another poster, even if it's yourself! Besides, like he says, he's a fucking moron, so he won't be missed ;)

• Backroom
Just now, bluebruce said:

We haven't been on it, but we haven't been on it on numerous occasions and I've not seen a single team look anywhere near this good against us on those occasions. I think this is one of those times we're tempted to believe it's our fault, but actually it's the excellence of the best team in the league trying to clinch promotion, firing on all cylinders. If it weren't for two excellent strikes we'd be 1-0 up! The class is making the difference.

First 25 minutes it was down to our own poor attitude, imo. Like rabbits in the headlights. Last ten minutes we've been asserting ourselves more, closing down, and there's been a noticeable shift to a more even game. Not sure why it took that long for us to get going. Norwich still looking very dangerous but at least now that is more down to their quality than our lack of effort.

Commentator had just said that Mowbray has sat both Raya and Leutweiler down and said he is bringing in a new keeper in the Summer.

Now they could mean a reserve keeper but that sounded like a new number one.

#fingerscrossed

Just now, DE. said:

First 25 minutes it was down to our own poor attitude, imo. Like rabbits in the headlights. Last ten minutes we've been asserting ourselves more, closing down, and there's been a noticeable shift to a more even game. Not sure why it took that long for us to get going. Norwich still looking very dangerous but at least now that is more down to their quality than our lack of effort.

As I said, going to have to disagree. Yes, we were poor, but for every bit of poor we displayed, they've shown excellence. They're fast, their passing is accurate, good control, technically better than we've looked all year, even when we've played shite. Not saying we don't look off the boil at all, I'm just saying that really isn't the only reason Norwich are looking so good.

Just now, DE. said:

Because Tony sets out to contain and not lose the game. He's a cautious coach. Those same Norwich players wouldn't be going up as Champions with Mowbray in charge. 

• Like 3

Just now, Butty said:

While watching Bennett at RB is as painful as always. He does well at times chucking his body in front of shots and getting the odd tackle in but when he’s isolated one on one it’s always painful too watch. 

Having to do that just highlights a number of issues, poor positional sense, lack of organisation and no awareness. Mulgrew is exactly the same, people would give him loads of praise for tackles but it was his sheer lack of a defensive brain which got him into to hose positions.