BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich - tempting fate

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

My MOTM - Derrick Williams. Most improved player in the last 5-6 games.

Bell slightly better than usual tonight.

Travis great goal but did gave away a few balls in dangerous situations

Chapman looked lively when he's on.

Agreed. Thought Rothwell did well when moved into the middle.  Leutwiler had some excellent saves, but kicking is worse than Raya and won't come off his line.

What was up with Lenihan today? Worst performance of the season. Poor positioning all game, looked hesitant and nervous. 

Much better second half, played some good passing stuff. Beginning to see a new and better future for us, we had some good, young players on in the second half giving the best team in the division a decent game. We've Come a long way since Venkys sold Bowyer’s team and gave us a charlatan manager and assorted loanees/frees

• Like 4

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I hope that new Norwich moneyman is loaded because they need significant investment for next season. That squad will get smashed in the PL - they won't get the rub of the green like the ref gave them tonight for a start!

No idea what you're on about, they were excellent, particularly first half (they took their foot off the gas second half, only needed a draw remember), and didn't look like they need much investment to be safe next season. Every promoted team does of course, but relative to all those previous promoted ones, no, I don't agree they need huge investment.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

It could have been worse, especially after going down 2-0 so early.

We huffed and puffed a bit, but our final ball as ever was pretty appalling and their keeper didn't have one save to make.

I can understand Moobs not wanting to play too many youngsters thinking we might have got smashed. But we lost anyway, and ultimately this was a massive dead rubber for us, so it's basically 90 minutes of proper game experience thrown away.

We all know pre-season friendlies are a waste of time and the u23 level is miles away.

Meh! Rubbish really. A loss is a loss.

• Backroom

Some rubbish performances today, Graham and Dack appalling closely followed by Travis bar his goal and Conway when he came on.

Could have been much worse, great to see Chapman back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

We were second best all night. I saw Norwich at Ewood and they were no great shakes, yet nicked three points. They have gone up because they have a decent team, manager and owners. We have the makings of a team, an average manager and really shit owners.

Well summed up.

• Like 1

Don’t get the criticism of Brereton tonight.  First half we were poor and static, second half while not Barcelona we at least were more fluid and competitive and that was before Rothwell moved into the middle which improved things again.

• Like 5

2-1 at Carrow Road at the end of the season against a now Premier League team. 

Thought we weren't that bad ? Chapman showing what we've been missing on the wings from the first touch.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Norwich appear to be full of the sort of 'from the continent' bargain players Mowbray claims he wants to sign. IF he does we could be in for an exciting season as we do already have the basis of a decent side.

If Dunn has anything about him he should be at Carrow road now tapping them all up.

Just now, Tom said:

Some rubbish performances today, Graham and Dack appalling closely followed by Travis bar his goal and Conway when he came on.

Could have been much worse, great to see Chapman back 

Travis was head and shoulders above Dack. The game after his break up, I thought he was back to his best but tonight was about the worst I’ve seen him.

Maybe he is used to doing other things at this time on a Saturday evening...

2-1 loss away against the probable champions not too bad a result.  TBH I was expecting a hammering when we kicked off, played it right to the back and lumped it long, then lost the ball.  We have some decent players, they need the confidence to play the way they can.

Edited by pjt
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

We were second best all night. I saw Norwich at Ewood and they were no great shakes, yet nicked three points. They have gone up because they have a decent team, manager and owners. We have the makings of a team, an average manager and really shit owners.

Do they have good owners? According to the Sky commentator they were a James Maddison sale away from administration last summer

I thought that was pretty encouraging.

Any team outside the PL top 2 could have been blown away by that Norwich start but we hung in there and increasingly showed we can compete and play decent football. Sure we need upgrades in the playing staff to deliver what we are trying to do but that was a very decent second half performance from our lads.

Yes Norwich need significant strengthening not to come straight back down. Of the teams we have played this season Newcastle and Sheffield United are a level up on the Canaries.

Would have loved to have sneaked an equaliser but what we saw was a physically stronger outfit in Norwich. When we had contained them we began to compete in all aspects. Note I said compete, not beat them.

I have to say the whining and wingeing on here was a bit over done.

• Like 6

Very proud of the lads tonight. After the first 20 minutes, where we looked like we were going to get a 7-1 revenge battering, we came into the game and never looked back.

Norwich showed what an excellent team they are but we gave as good as we got and had them worried at times.

We looked better when BB and Conway came on and Rothwell moved into midfield.

I was hoping for an equaliser in the last 5 minutes but it wasn't to be.

Leutwiler played very well. 

• Like 3

They absolutely battered us for the first 20 minutes, could have scored five if not for Leutwiler (although he should have saved their first) and we should probably have had a penalty against us as well as a red card on Lenihan. We couldn't deal with heir high pressing, and neither Graham nor Dack gave an outlet by running for through balls or locking the ball in their half. As mentioned above they took their foot off the gas after the second goal and we could start exploiting their tendency to commit so many players forward a bit, but all in all any points from that game would have been daylight robbery. I thought Bell had a decent game, particularly in attack, and Rothwell looked promising as a central midfielder. I also liked the look of Chapman when he came on, but he seems more like a traditional winger that goes to the byline for a cross rather than cutting infield, so he looked awkward playing on the left. Conway however looks past it on this level, certainly as a winger, and both Travis and Rodwell were well and truly overrun in midfield.   

Edited by Commondore

1 minute ago, danger19_80 said:

Norwich appear to be full of the sort of 'from the continent' bargain players Mowbray claims he wants to sign. IF he does we could be in for an exciting season as we do already have the basis of a decent side.

It was only about 3 months ago when Mowbray said we didn't have any European scouts.

As much as anything else it's Norwich's transfer success that has got them up. That's the model that everyone needs to follow.

First half rovers did not match Norwich's press and allowed them to score from shots by players in space and not closed down second half we seemed to try to press them more and as the match progressed we seemed to be making more in the way of chances on goal thought Chapman did OK when he came on and the goalkeeper played well although Lenihan was lucky to stop on the pitch.   

Despite the respectable scoreline that was an absolute tubbing, six or seven one wouldn"t have flattered them in the slightest. We were so far behind a vibrant Norwich it was embarrasing.

We are so going nowhere under Mowbray. Leutwiler, Bennett, Williams, Conway ,Graham (Did he even touch the ball?) 

The point was merely underlined when at 2-1 down we substituted Dack for Chapman. You can't have two flair playets on the pitch at the same time, oh no.

Will be renewing my ST but not looking forward to next season at all and fear we will be relegation fodder unless there are massive changes, starting in the dug out and continuing down the spine of the team.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

What a world of difference a half decent manager makes.

We've seen the contrast over the season with both Farke and Mowbray with very different progressions.

IMO, we need to change our manager to make REAL progress.  Full stop.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1