BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reduced prices for Swansea game.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/april/special-offer-for-swans-clash/

Not been a bad season tbh...let's see a decent crowd on for the 'owd Blue n Whites.

..And a good piss up! :rover:

Think we’ve already been through this, SG.

It’s hardly any kind of thanks for fantastic support. A genuine thank you recognition would be to reward long suffering ST renewers with a discount for next season.

As it is we’ve no idea when they will even be on sale, let alone what price.

I've heard ST Holders will be paying double next season..Waggots loyalty reward indeed.

:D.......:unsure:

Not double, but I've been told tickets are going up in price.

Considering nearly every other club has either frozen/reduced them and/or introduced more concessions, it would be par for the course here to see a rise.

No chance of higher crowds next season if that’s the case (every chance we lose ST holders). Though it’s obvious Waggott has given up trying to increase bums on seats, he’s just happy to milk the core support and hope for big away followings.

TBH Stuart it was posted as more of a rallying call to the armchair massive...let's see if we can half fill the ground and all that.

Totally losing faith in the current Rovers board, mate. Mowbray’s popularity has helped them get away with murder. If it’s a lovely sunny day, we may get to 20k with it being a Bank Holiday the day after but other than that it’ll be a 16k topper.

There is absolutely no justification for increasing season ticket prices, which is basically punishing the most ardent fans.

They can’t fill the ground because Waggott believes that being a Rovers fan should cost a premium. The sooner he leaves the better. We need a chairman who gets what the locals at this club are about.

A lot of fans will pick and chose games next season. If the going rate now is set at £27 for a Cat A game then he will think £18 per game is reasonable. I mean, he even thinks that a £15 ticket is a massive thank you to (absent) supporters. This could well be the season that a BBE ST goes over £400.

Waggott Out.

• Like 1

Just now, Madon said:

The prices for ST's next season are going up.  Heard they're introducing 18 - 25 though. 

What is the justification, Madon?

Waggott can’t increase footfall so just squeezes harder?

As far as the Swansea game goes, I don't really see why the "pop down to Ewood once a season because the tickets are cheap" brigade should be rewarded once again but if you're going to do it you might as well do it properly, let everyone in for a quid and compensate season ticket holders by reducing their ST prices for next season accordingly.

As far as prices for next season are concerned, I don't see price as an issue per se unless there is a massive increase, but imo  I do find the decision to increase prices a rather strange and counterproductive one given that this season could be described as drab at best and entertainment levels at Ewood (four or five games apart) have been fairly dire.

A price freeze would have been the way to go for me.

The biggest beneficiaries of the cheap Swansea tickets will be the few hundred travelling Swansea fans who will be able to get in for £15 rather than the £30 it cost Rovers fans at their place or the £35 we paid for Norwich.

To those with season tickets there is absolutely no benefit in these cheaper tickets.

To be honest I'm sick and fed up with it now. My season ticket price keeps going up. We are no longer the cheapest in the league or even close to it yet some people shield the club through the misguided belief we are still cheap. Then things like the 1875 club fiasco, whereby I am forced into joining to ensure that i can secure away tickets despite having a full buying history, just rubs salt in the wounds.

The club really don't help themselves.

Then folk will come out with the 'but the club needs to raise income to reduce reliance on Venkys, FFP rules blah blah blah' but the cash raised through an extra £50 a head on season tickets probably won't cover Ben Gladwin's wage for the season, so it's a drop in the ocean and a poor signing from Mowbray more than covers the difference.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The biggest beneficiaries of the cheap Swansea tickets will be the few hundred travelling Swansea fans who will be able to get in for £15 rather than the £30 it cost Rovers fans at their place or the £35 we paid for Norwich.

To those with season tickets there is absolutely no benefit in these cheaper tickets.

To be honest I'm sick and fed up with it now. My season ticket price keeps going up. We are no longer the cheapest in the league or even close to it yet some people shield the club through the misguided belief we are still cheap. Then things like the 1875 club fiasco, whereby I am forced into joining to ensure that i can secure away tickets despite having a full buying history, just rubs salt in the wounds.

The club really don't help themselves.

Then folk will come out with the 'but the club needs to raise income to reduce reliance on Venkys, FFP rules blah blah blah' but the cash raised through an extra £50 a head on season tickets probably won't cover Ben Gladwin's wage for the season, so it's a drop in the ocean and a poor signing from Mowbray more than covers the difference.

Agree with a lot of what you say above, but would make two points, firstly I don't see any reason why we should automatically be the cheapest (or close to it) and secondly I spoke to Preston and Leeds fans this season who were very surprised by how cheap our ST prices were.

That may all change of course next season if a price increase comes in and if it does it will be an ill judged move imo. Waggott strikes me as being very much like John Williams in the sense that it seems he would much rather take the easy option of filling the Darwen End with away fans than take the far trickier option of taking a short term hit on income whilst trying to figure out how to fill those areas with home fans ifor the long run.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Agree with a lot of what you say above, but would make two points, firstly I don't see any reason why we should automatically be the cheapest (or close to it) and secondly I spoke to Preston and Leeds fans this season who were very surprised by how cheap our ST prices were.

That may all change of course this season if a price increase comes in and if it does it will be an ill judged move imo. Waggott strikes me as being very much like John Williams in the sense that it seems he would much rather take the easy option of filling the Darwen End with away fans than take the far trickier option of taking a short term hit on income whilst trying to figure out how to fill those areas with home fans ifor the long run.

Well in theory we should be among the cheapest if you base your prices on your local audience. Clearly incomes and general affluence are greater in places like London and Norwich where people can/will pay higher prices than say Blackburn or Middlesbrough. 

When I last checked our cheapest adult season ticket was higher than the majority in the Championship. Admittedly PNE and Leeds are two that are more than us.

Anyone at QPR last week may have noticed the end block of the home stand to the right of the away end. Previously this area has been virtually empty, but on Friday it was close to full with vocal fans standing up. I wondered what that was all about and it turns out that they have designated that as a 'blue' category section with cheap tickets. Season tickets in there are less than £300. All done to fill a previously empty section next to the away end, improve the atmosphere and it looks like it is working.

If prices go up, that will mean JW upper prices well past £400 and BBEnd prices not far off 400.

Prices will have near doubled in 10 years and certainly won’t be ‘cheap’ - though plenty on social media will think so because they will cost twenty quid less than the Tom Finney stand.

• Like 1

Realism Phil.

I know how the Rovers fanbase works and how price sensitive they are.

You keep increasing prices with our fanbase and numbers fall - just like in the mid 2000s - and that was in the Premier League. I don’t know what a lot of folk’s limits are, but psychologically, I imagine £500+ in the JW upper and £400 in the BBEnd (two most popular areas of the ground) will lead to a fair few knocking it on the head - especially with red button and standard Sky coverage probably accounting for a third of matches.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Realism Phil.

I know how the Rovers fanbase works and how price sensitive they are.

You keep increasing prices with our fanbase and numbers fall - just like in the mid 2000s - and that was in the Premier League. I don’t know what a lot of folk’s limits are, but psychologically, I imagine £500+ in the JW upper and £400 in the BBEnd (two most popular areas of the ground) will lead to a fair few knocking it on the head - especially with red button and standard Sky coverage probably accounting for a third of matches.

Realism, Rovers are putting the prices up for Swansea.

Behave Phil, they are posts relating to crowds. I’m responding to rumours from two posters, including the site owner.

He can merge them into the Attendance thread (where Swansea was already being discussed) if he’s so inclined.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That may all change of course next season if a price increase comes in and if it does it will be an ill judged move imo. Waggott strikes me as being very much like John Williams in the sense that it seems he would much rather take the easy option of filling the Darwen End with away fans than take the far trickier option of taking a short term hit on income whilst trying to figure out how to fill those areas with home fans ifor the long run.

I can’t believe you would compare Waggott with Williams. They are like night and day.

However, the reason Waggott shouldn’t just keep increasing prices every year is because, one, we do not have fans with pots of cash, and, two, this club needs to build bridges with the fanbase that has been treated very very badly this last 8 years.

He needs to get more people through the door not just keep tapping the already most loyal fans.