BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reduced prices for Swansea game.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

so the £27 a match ticket v £18-£20 per game season ticket comparison doesn’t come in to it, if they think £400- £500+ is too dear, they’ll just knock it on the head, usually for good.

I get what you’re saying about price - it wouldn’t be too difficult to have a cheap ST in one area, like BB upper or something or sides of the riverside, whilst keeping central areas, lower blackburn end as “premium”.

The problem then becomes if there’s 1000 in one 2500 seat block, and then 800 in another - it’s far more expensive to staff. Hence closing big areas of the ground off.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m not saying that I personally think it is ‘expensive’, but it depends on what folk think is value. £500+ in the JW, I would wager is pushing it for some of our fans.

It certainly isn’t ‘cheap’ like it was 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago when you could get in the Riverside for about £270.

If you are missing 4/5 games, like many do for lots of reasons, plus the new invention of the red button, that £500+ becomes a fair chunk of change.

Remember our fanbase isn’t just saddos like us, be they ‘negative’ brfcs-ers or ultra positive chadsters, where Rovers is an obsession. A lot of season ticket holders are merely there out of routine and take it or leave it outside a matchday, and price will be a factor for them, they are either season ticket holders or nothing - so the £27 a match ticket v £18-£20 per game season ticket comparison doesn’t come in to it, if they think £400- £500+ is too dear, they’ll just knock it on the head, usually for good.

I only used your £400 as I always feel you're more likely to be aware of these things than me. I've forgotten what I paid this season for the JWL and what the BBE price was.

You're spot on with people's perception of value and for me £20ish/match is good value. Above this and I would no longer see it as good value but I would continue to go. I'm on a pension these days so there would come a point, don't know how much, when it was unaffordable though as I'm 65 in July I guess my cost will reduce.

I fell out of love with football years ago. Apart from 2-3 Chorley games and one at Turf Moor each season all I watch is Rovers. No TV, red button**, radio etc. I'm very much a fan with no interest outside of Ewood.

I see your point re comparing matchday with ST price. Given the majority of our crowd are ST holders this is where the marketing emphasis should go.

** I'm always fascinated by this "red button" as I've never managed to use it. I've never seen it advertised nor received marketing materials. Is it a Sky thing? I have Sky broadband but nothing else. I'm not convinced the red button is a big deal, I know of no one who uses it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Come on Stuart,the club isn't 'punishing' anyone.Your a good,intelligent contributor to this MB but less of the looking for the negative at every opportunity mantra.

The situation we are at is still far far from perfect but let's hope for a decent turnout for the final game of the Season..we could be in Bolton Wanderers poor shoes!

Chill my friend!

So you think prices rises every year, well above inflation, are fair? We even saw a price hike after relegation!

Nothing to do with chilling, I’m very calm about it. Waggott is “rewarding” casual fans and increasing prices for loyal ones. If he is hoping to bring in fans for the Swansea game and hoping to convert them into ST holders then he is going the wrong way about it by raising prices.

“We’re committed, are you?” rings a bit hollow for me.

If you want cheap STs and want a full end to create atmosphere then do it in the BBE lower get that traditional 'end' feeling back into Ewood it used to be the heartbeat of the ground even when there was only 6k on.

That or do 1000 match tickets per game at ten or fifteen quid each in there, first come first served no moaning get one early or put up and shut up type thing.  Any Premium areas should stay where they are in the JW not anywhere else in a ground like Ewood in a town like Blackburn it's a football match for gods sake not a theatre trip !!!!!

4 hours ago, Paul said:

** I'm always fascinated by this "red button" as I've never managed to use it. I've never seen it advertised nor received marketing materials. Is it a Sky thing? I have Sky broadband but nothing else. I'm not convinced the red button is a big deal, I know of no one who uses it.

If you've got Sky Sports, you can watch the midweek games on either TV or mobile/tablet.

Despite having a season ticket, I missed both the Wigan game and the Derby game at Ewood as I could finish work at the normal time, get home for about 7.15, make some tea and just watch the game on TV. No rushing around like a lunatic to get to Ewood.

The problem is, if that happens 5 times a year, it's 5 games I'm doubting whether I need a season ticket for.

• Like 5

Should get 5% off season ticket cost for every consecutive season you have a ST up up to 15%.

Gives you an incentive to keep getting a ticket. Would make you think twice about giving one up.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

Don’t think the club can win whatever they do, if they kept same prices for Swansea game fans would say they should reduce them to try and get more fans to come down, when they reduce them folk going on saying it’s not fair on the season ticket holders,can’t win.

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Course they can win. 

Great idea to reduce prices, just badly worded to say ‘as a thank you for your support we’ve reduced prices’

A good percentage of those buying tickets won’t have been since Oxford.

Surely we want to be attracting the fans who haven’t been since Oxford? 

• Like 1

Yes, the Oxford attendee is exactly who we need to be attracting on Sunday. But you wouldn’t be thanking said fans for ‘their support all season’.

That wording has got some season ticket holders backs up, with some justification, as where is their ‘thanks’ for turning up every week, their loyalty and contributing financially to the club.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Course they can win. 

Great idea to reduce prices, just badly worded to say ‘as a thank you for your support we’ve reduced prices’

A good percentage of those buying tickets won’t have been since Oxford.

Agree,badly worded re thanking supporters who might not have been, but still done the right thing in reducing pricing.

The only reward that season ticket holders have had is a 17% price increase and potentially more to come again this summer, whilst long standing season ticket holders in the BBE Upper, JW lower and DE have all been forcibly relocated after years of being in those areas. These the people who have continued to buy and support the club despite almost a decade of failure and misery and the club sticking two fingers up at its supporters for most of that time.

Some thanks.

The only reward away day regulars have had is free coach travel to Norwich for a 7:30pm Saturday night tv game, even though a large chunk of those at that game could not benefit as they don't live in or around Blackburn. There were 3 official coaches plus a few independents with almost 800 Rovers fans at the game. Do the maths. Well under half of those present will have gone via coach.

My thanks for buying every away ticket is to be told that my purchasing history is redundant, loyalty counts for nothing and the only way I can ensure I get tickets for every game is by paying an additional fee to become an 1875 member so I can buy tickets during the first phase of sales. 

Cheers.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Do you think it’s worth bothering with 1875, JH?

I didn’t bother this season as I knew that as a season ticket holder I’d always get a ticket in this league.

I know where you're coming from Matty, the difficulty is that I have always had a habit of booking them as soon as they go on sale and a bit of paranoia on my part that one day something will happen and I won't be able to get a ticket. For example, this coming match next week v Burnley at Leyland - only 1000 tickets - I've no idea how sales are going but it might sell out, so I had to move quickly to get one as soon as they went up. I don't want to leave it to chance. Next season @ Luton - small allocation, expect it to be a popular one - might well need membership to secure a ticket.

Most clubs have loyalty points or purchasing history as criteria but is seems Rovers are happy to ignore and discard all that and make priority for those who pay extra for it. Not nice really.

Just now, JHRover said:

I know where you're coming from Matty, the difficulty is that I have always had a habit of booking them as soon as they go on sale and a bit of paranoia on my part that one day something will happen and I won't be able to get a ticket. For example, this coming match next week v Burnley at Leyland - only 1000 tickets - I've no idea how sales are going but it might sell out, so I had to move quickly to get one as soon as they went up. I don't want to leave it to chance. Next season @ Luton - small allocation, expect it to be a popular one - might well need membership to secure a ticket.

Most clubs have loyalty points or purchasing history as criteria but is seems Rovers are happy to ignore and discard all that and make priority for those who pay extra for it. Not nice really.

J, where do you draw a line at being treated appallingly by the club? You are a lot younger than me. At your age I was going home and away as well. Perhaps it is an age thing, but in my mid-fifties, I can't be doing with being arsed about by our club, who are so far removed from their fan base, as to be negligent. I find SW's treatment of us unfathomable. When I cannot sit in the ground Jack built, where I want, there continues to be a deep rooted cancer (in the widest sense), that needs to be expunged/treated. The Loon factor still very much pervades throughout our club. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

I have it on good authority that as of yesterday 1200 had been sold. I also heard that only one turnstile is being used with a heavy police presence there to prevent trouble. There will be segregation inside but I don't know where we will be. Car parking might be a problem and I was advised to park away from the ground.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I have it on good authority that as of yesterday 1200 had been sold. I also heard that only one turnstile is being used with a heavy police presence there to prevent trouble. There will be segregation inside but I don't know where we will be. Car parking might be a problem and I was advised to park away from the ground.

1200 out of 2000 total tickets?

I'm fairly sure there's only one turnstile or one set of turnstiles at Leyland anyway, so unless they put a temporary turnstile in at the other side it seems all fans will be using the same one and then be split once they are through. My guess is they'll send one set of fans left towards the top end and round to the top half of the stand and the other set will go right to the bottom end with the seating area split down the middle. Only one set of toilets for spectators too so won't be easy to split off. Everyone enters from one side at Leyland so they can segregate inside the ground all they like, any trouble could easily flare up on the car park outside where fans will be free to mix. The LFA car park is usually full for bog standard league games with a few hundred on so can see it being chaos next week with almost 2000 there.

Edited by JHRover

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Think Rovers used purchasing history last season on a few occasions, with small allocations in league 1, don’t think they needed it this season, and would hope they use it against Luton next season.

35 minutes ago, unsall said:

Think Rovers used purchasing history last season on a few occasions, with small allocations in league 1, don’t think they needed it this season, and would hope they use it against Luton next season.

The problem though is you still have to have possession of 1875 membership. So if you don't want to pay the extra fee you are running the risk of not getting in.

You could have 40 years straight of being a season ticket holder and going to every away game, but not want to pay extra for 1875 membership, and not be able to go to a game. Of course the likelihood is that a fan of that description would pay the extra £10 but the club are playing on people's loyalty to the cause to squeeze extra cash out of them. Really possession of a season ticket along with a history of buying tickets and points allocated on the number of tickets bought over the year should be the measure and test of priority, not whether you are prepared to cough up even more money on top of the basic amount,

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

1200 out of 2000 total tickets?

I'm fairly sure there's only one turnstile or one set of turnstiles at Leyland anyway, so unless they put a temporary turnstile in at the other side it seems all fans will be using the same one and then be split once they are through. My guess is they'll send one set of fans left towards the top end and round to the top half of the stand and the other set will go right to the bottom end with the seating area split down the middle. Only one set of toilets for spectators too so won't be easy to split off. Everyone enters from one side at Leyland so they can segregate inside the ground all they like, any trouble could easily flare up on the car park outside where fans will be free to mix. The LFA car park is usually full for bog standard league games with a few hundred on so can see it being chaos next week with almost 2000 there.

The figure of 1200 was what I was told but they only go on sale to Rovers season ticket holders from today. I don't know the selling process that lot are using.