BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Agenda for Supporter Consultation Evening 02/5/19

1 hour ago, philipl said:

1)Frankly, "we were ignored" doesn't wash.

2)taking the last 30 months in isolation, Venky's are among the better owners in the FL.  

On point 1, I don't know any Rovers fan who didn't want Kean out almost immediately. We were certainly ignored at that time. I doubt they have listened to any concerns raised by fans in the subsequent years.

On point 2, I agree that they are paying the bills and trying to keep the business on an even keel - they need to, it's their business after all. However, football is not a normal business - it only exists because of the passion and enthusiasm of the fans. This is where they fail totally. They have no connection or understanding of what Rovers means to the fans or the community. Their absenteeism and lack of any communication shows a lack of any real interest in the club. Remember Rovers is a CLUB of which the fans are the most important element. They want to run it as a faceless corporation. It doesn't matter how much money they have, there is no point running a football club if you don't have the interest. They will eventually get fed up.

Mowbary and Waggott have all the responsibility and are trying their best to make a success of things but they only meet the owners once a year ( has Waggott even met them ?). The one Venky representative anywhere near Ewood refuses to engage on any level whatsoever with local press or community. That might be a good model for a some businesses but it will not work for a football club.

They can carry on putting 50p in the meter whenever necessary to keep thinks ticking over but for me it feels like we are in limbo until they completely reassess their approach or sell up. Sadly, both options look unlikely.

Remember the old chant 'We want our Rovers back'

Edited by Crimpshrine

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Some of us saw what was happening and frankly we got as much flak from fellow-supporters as we got support from fans.

Frankly, "we were ignored" doesn't wash.

This. 100% this. Breaks my heart to think back to how protesters were viewed, nay, blamed, by the majority of fans.

I’d temper your ire at BRFCS members though, they were privy to a lot more sharing of detail than those who just weren’t interested in knowing about it, lest they might have felt morally compelled to get involved - when in reality they just cba’d. So I can see why someone on here might say fans were ignored.

A lot of the members on here from the time have left though, and many now here were children or young teens at the time.

But still...

On a side note, I can’t believe we are closing in on a decade of Venkys malfeasance. That’s nearly as long as the Walker Trust post-Jack. ?

• Like 5

22 hours ago, philipl said:

So it is re-writing history to say poor old ignored fans. Some of us saw what was happening and frankly we got as much flak from fellow-supporters as we got support from fans.

Frankly, "we were ignored" doesn't wash.

You’re right actually. Thinking back for all I can’t ever say kean had support there wasn’t enough people who cared enough to protest. To think what might have been if several thousand got involved but wasn’t to be. Instead we’re were derided by Kean as the 1%. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Certainly not the case in his first season. I was told repeatedly at Ewood by a sizeable number of people that he would have us ‘playing football the right way’ and how delighted they were that ‘long ball bastard’ had gone.

Even early in season 2, I was ridiculed by a load of folk around me for marching - for example the Arsenal home game in which we nabbed a late winner and I had people in my face ‘what about your shit protest now? Get behind the club’

Never forget? I haven’t.

Remembering all this is really opening old wounds. And why the Venkys can never be forgiven. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

First time I remember my dad swearing at Rovers fans after being spat at wearing Kean Out shirts in the concourse.

Rovers fans have often been tossers. That’s my loyalty is to the club rather than ‘the fans’ at large.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

Saw a Father and Daughter go running to Stewards demanding the removal of two fans who had Kean out t-shirts and small banner in BBE...still leaves me aghast to this day.

It's as though they thought anyone protesting was against THE CLUB...just bizarre!

A very dark and painful episode in this club's history that forever will slightly taint my view on Rovers fans,never experienced anything like it.Took a lot out of me seeing our own fans turning on each other.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 07:38, Mattyblue said:

Certainly not the case in his first season. I was told repeatedly at Ewood by a sizeable number of people that he would have us ‘playing football the right way’ and how delighted they were that ‘long ball bastard’ had gone.

Even early in season 2, I was ridiculed by a load of folk around me for marching - for example the Arsenal home game in which we nabbed a late winner and I had people in my face ‘what about your shit protest now? Get behind the club’

Never forget? I haven’t.

Yes that is true. My statement was inaccurate thinking about it. 

But there did come a point where virtually all fans wanted Kean out and Venky's simply remained silent and watched from afar while the club was relegated.

That was the point I was trying to make. I really don't think they take any notice of us at all.