BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Swansea - Sunday 5th May, 12:30pm

Pound for pound one of the best Venky era signings Conway, I think though that if thee is room in the budget Mowbray will keep him but hopefully it's on very reduced terms. Then it's down to the lad if he thinks he can get more games elsewhere but we could do worse than getting him involved in the coaching side here there's plenty more i'd be showing the door first.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Pound for pound one of the best Venky era signings Conway, I think though that if thee is room in the budget Mowbray will keep him but hopefully it's on very reduced terms. Then it's down to the lad if he thinks he can get more games elsewhere but we could do worse than getting him involved in the coaching side here there's plenty more i'd be showing the door first.

Or thinking outside the box , Get him involved in a Rovers barbers shop set up at Ewood   , additional income.

Short, back and Riversides :)

• Like 7

Team id like to see

----------------------------Leut

Nyambe-----Lenihan-----Williams----Bell

-------------------Travis------Davenport

---------Chapman------Dack------Rothwell

--------------------------Brereton

Subs : Raya, Magloire, Bennett, Evans, Conway, Butterworth, Graham

Last chance to see the young players before we get into recruitment over the summer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

If this is Conway's last game for us, i hope he gets to captain the team out and get a standing ovation in the 60th min when he gets subbed out for Butterworth or Chapman. Good and honest pro for us.

Blimey, you'd think he he'd been turning out for free. He was decent without being outstanding when Bowyer was here and and has been pretty awful for several seasons now whilst all the while being handsomely compensated. Should never have been handed his last deal.

Talk of captaining the team and a standing ovation etc is way OTT. We're not waving bye bye to Shearer or Garner etc.

If there is a huge fuss regarding his possible departure then that symbolises what has gone wrong with the Club in recent years. Lauding a mixture of mediocrity and sub par performance  And when I say mediocrity that's probably being fairly kind.

The most Conway should get tomorrow  is  coming on as sub for ten mins to receive a polite round of applause from the crowd if he is on his way.  Personally don't want to see a washed up player who's been instrumental in taking us down the divisions, I want to see the youngsters and see what they can do.

10 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Team id like to see

----------------------------Leut

Nyambe-----Lenihan-----Williams----Bell

-------------------Travis------Davenport

---------Chapman------Dack------Rothwell

--------------------------Brereton

Subs : Raya, Magloire, Bennett, Evans, Conway, Butterworth, Graham

Last chance to see the young players before we get into recruitment over the summer.

I would prefer to see Raya over Leutwiler, otherwise spot on.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Blimey, you'd think he he'd been turning out for free. He was decent without being outstanding when Bowyer was here and and has been pretty awful for several seasons now whilst all the while being handsomely compensated. Should never have been handed his last deal.

Talk of captaining the team and a standing ovation etc is way OTT. We're not waving bye bye to Shearer or Garner etc.

If there is a huge fuss regarding his possible departure then that symbolises what has gone wrong with the Club in recent years. Lauding a mixture of mediocrity and sub par performance  And when I say mediocrity that's probably being fairly kind.

The most Conway should get tomorrow  is  coming on as sub for ten mins to receive a polite round of applause from the crowd if he is on his way.  Personally don't want to see a washed up player who's been instrumental in taking us down the divisions, I want to see the youngsters and see what they can do.

I agree about recent history, hes been given at least 2 years worth of contracts too many, but you are incredibly harsh prior to that.

For the first few seasons following his arrival, he was statistically one of the most effective wingers in the league, assist after assist after assist.

• Like 4

Every now and again Rovers get a player of quality who actually cares about the club. Invariably we have to give these players longer contracts than would be ideal but I wouldn’t begrudge Conway anything.

Great player for us, just 12 months or so past his best before date at this level.

Always given his all and has had some great moments.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I agree about recent history, hes been given at least 2 years worth of contracts too many, but you are incredibly harsh prior to that.

For the first few seasons following his arrival, he was statistically one of the most effective wingers in the league, assist after assist after assist.

I appreciate many will think I'm being harsh but for me if I was asked what I would think of when Conway is mentioned I'd think of Yeovil at home and for me he epitomises a recent generation of players who flattered to deceive and who ultimately  failed to perform when it looked like we were on the point of doing something.

A cameo substitute appearance is about right for anyone who wishes to acknowledge him. Talk of a John Terryesque send off is way OTT in my view.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I appreciate many will think I'm being harsh but for me if I was asked what I would think of when Conway is mentioned I'd think of Yeovil at home and for me he epitomises a recent generation of players who flattered to deceive and who ultimately  failed to perform when it looked like we were on the point of doing something.

A cameo substitute appearance is about right for anyone who wishes to acknowledge him. Talk of a John Terryesque send off is way OTT in my view.

I understand why your saying that and normally I would agree. Yes he has been paid handsomely for what he has done but I still think he deserves a good send off.

He has stuck around in the worst footballing period of my life. I have watched some heartless shirkers who I never want to see grace ewood park ever again and he is one player who you could never doubt his commitment and effort. He has been brilliant on his day. Lately maybe not so good but that's down to his body/age/mowbray tactics and never effort. He has been professional and I for one will be given him the loudest cheer of the day. It should be the minimum expected but we have all seen that it can and isn't the case with alot of players who have played. His head never went down and I will thank him for his efforts

Be funny if he got a new contract after we all say goodbye. Might be awkward ?

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

Hasn't Mowbray said that Conway plays a big part off the field helping the youngsters and keeping them grounded ?

Good pro regardless of level of ability and if we really are stabilised and on the up, then I dare say Mowbray will cite Conway as a someone who has helped the process. It's greater than 90 minutes on the pitch every week.

Having said that when he came on against Norwich it was evident by his play that he is a level above a lot of the others (like Bell) . Just a bit old now. That comes to all of us I am afraid.

3-0 win today

COYB

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

.  Personally don't want to see a washed up player who's been instrumental in taking us down the divisions, I want to see the youngsters and see what they can do.

Conway is past his best but there's no way hes' "been instrumental in taking us down the divisions". That as you well know is a down to the club management and a libel on a good old fashioned Scottish winger who always gave 100 per cent. 

• Like 7

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Conway is past his best but there's no way hes' "been instrumental in taking us down the divisions". That as you well know is a down to the club management and a libel on a good old fashioned Scottish winger who always gave 100 per cent. 

At his best he was an average Championship player. Giving him a new contract shouldn't be on Mowbray's agenda. If we are to progress we simply have to bring betting players in. I will be disappointed if he gets a new deal.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

At his best he was an average Championship player. Giving him a new contract shouldn't be on Mowbray's agenda. If we are to progress we simply have to bring betting players in. I will be disappointed if he gets a new deal.

So would I - we need to move forward. But that doesn't mean he deserves criticism like Rev's post. He has been a good player for us - better than "average" I would suggest. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Where’s Mulgrew going to go? Probably highest paid player (or one of) at the club and contracted till 2021.

He could be another one we have to pay up to terminate his contract or send him out on loan and subsidise his wages.

• Like 1