BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Swansea - Sunday 5th May, 12:30pm

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Where’s Mulgrew going to go? Probably highest paid player (or one of) at the club and contracted till 2021.

Back to Scotland would be my guess. Is he going to want to sit on the bench for what will probably be his final couple of years playing football? He’s not getting back into this side, particularly with defensive reinforcements coming in during the summer. A subsidised loan will be the most likely outcome. 

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He could be another one we have to pay up to terminate his contract or send him out on loan and subsidise his wages.

Or have top class set pieces and a barrel of experience on the bench and in the squad in several positions! Also proven good attitude.

Not quite the same as having Stokes or Dixon on the books eh!

As for the lineup - good to see Davenport, potentially another sign of the bubbling quality in the u23s! 

• Backroom

Conway's best period for Rovers was undoubtedly the 13/14 & 14/15 seasons. 13 assists and 4 goals in just 18 appearances when he joined midway through 13/14, then 10 assists and 3 goals the following season. His form declined slightly in 15/16 with 7 assists and 3 goals, and then 6 goals and 5 assists in 16/17. 

Obviously since then he's been on the decline, but he was excellent for us in those first two seasons and still contributed more than most in the 15/16 and 16/17 seasons. Well past his best now but still one of the best signings of the Venky era. Would be more than happy for him to stay on in a player/coach capacity if he wanted to (on a much reduced wage, obviously), but wouldn't blame him if he feels he can still go and contribute as a player elsewhere.

• Like 3

I like Conway's endeavour, and with the right sort of target man striker (eg. Gestede) he can rack up a lot of assists. But he wasn't really that good - otherwise he would have got many more Scotland caps and would not have stuck around when we were relegated.

Good servant, nice bloke, but in the same bracket as Bennett and Evans. Not going to move us forward. At 34 he needs a new challenge.

8 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

The quote I heard from him was not starting “I’m not in the business of losing games just to blood kids. They’ll get on the pitch at some stage.”

So what are his reasons for losing games? Playing inferior players out of misguided loyalty and sentiment, presumably.

Thank goodness those days are behind us...

Just now, Stuart said:

So what are his reasons for losing games? Playing inferior players out of misguided loyalty and sentiment, presumably.

Thank goodness those days are behind us...

Found that quote to be a bit odd too. Doesnt want to lose a dead rubber to blood a few kids but seemingly wasn't bothered about going for a win with the L1 title at stake.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Some very odd decisions there, Graham was awful last week we’d benefit much more giving Brereton a run out, and Evans playing is pointless as well

Still think we’ll canter to a 3-0 though 

15 minutes ago, Biz said:

Or have top class set pieces and a barrel of experience on the bench and in the squad in several positions! Also proven good attitude.

Not quite the same as having Stokes or Dixon on the books eh!

As for the lineup - good to see Davenport, potentially another sign of the bubbling quality in the u23s! 

It won't do much for the flex having one of our top earners on the bench doing nowt. 

For those not at the game and having to follow proceedings on SS, can someone please enlighten me as to how on earth Clinton Morrison is employed as a pundit? The bloke can barely string a sentence together. ‘I don’t know how he’s missed that. Actually I do know how he’s missed that’. Cutting edge reporting. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

For those not at the game and having to follow proceedings on SS, can someone please enlighten me as to how on earth Clinton Morrison is employed as a pundit? The bloke can barely string a sentence together. ‘I don’t know how he’s missed that. Actually I do know how he’s missed that’. Cutting edge reporting. 

Not “Yo you know my name Morrison”

Believe it or not he’s even worse on talksport. Innit

• Like 1