BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Swansea - Sunday 5th May, 12:30pm

Good pressing for the last 15 minutes. If only we could cross the ball from the right- at least four crosses went horribly wrong.

Mowbray gets the 60 points!

16,227 crowd.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

Much better after that very worrying first half when we just didn't deal with Swansea's slick movement and passing or the Bennett readjustment. We were well on top second half although Swansea clocked off a bit. We still looked vulnerable when Swansea got forward but some real positives in the second 45. Rothwell's bursts forward make him an exciting prospect and Davenport looked very comfortable on the ball and has potential to become an accomplished player on that showing. 

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Pretty poor dropping 2 points at home to that lot considering their recent away form :-

Last 8 away games :-  W  1  D 0  L 7     F 4  A 17

That's a poor record but I think they're a good side nevertheless. They got on top when we couldn't seem to readjust after losing Bennett. Lots of room for improvement but some stuff to be excited by.

Edited by deryck guyler's spoon
  • Like 1

Enjoyable game to watch. Some good portents for next season as we played a good passing and running game second half. Good to see six outfielders being Mowbray purchases: Bell had his best game yet I thought; Rothwell now looking a starter, Davenport looks a gem; Chapman showing hints of what he can do; Armstrong perhaps the weakest; Dack not back to his best but took his goal well.

• Like 2

A season of consolidation.Much,MUCH more needed if we are ever to return to the top flight,big question marks over whether Mowbray is the man to take us back there remain...Just not sure personally.

Hopefully good riddance to the Cambridge blue shirt and the Club and fans must come together to address the awful match day atmosphere at Ewood...it's the worst I've ever known it.

W.I.P.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A season of consolidation.Much,MUCH more needed if we are ever to return to the top flight,big question marks over whether Mowbray is the man to take us back there remain...Just not sure personally.

Hopefully good riddance to the Cambridge blue shirt and the Club and fans must come together to address the awful match day atmosphere at Ewood...it's the worst I've ever known it.

W.I.P.

There hasn't been an atmosphere at ewood since the Hughes era. Said it on here a while ago and got my head bit off.

Ewood is one of the quietest grounds in the league. On the other hand our away support is class.

Enjoyable game. Sat back off them too much first half and paid the price but bossed the second half after equalising. We have a decent side but hope we make some signings in the summer to strengthen so that we can challenge for a top six place. Need to keep Dack - unless we get a silly offer - and as a minimum we need a keeper to challenge Raya, a solid centre back to partner Lenaghan and another experienced forward. Enjoy the summer everyone! ?

• Like 1

Terrible first half, very good start to the second half which fizzled out, annoying not to get the win on the final day but in many ways a mixed performance that summed up the season.

Dack and Rothwell were our bright sparks, the second goal was a superb bit of play by Graham to dummy it, Armstrong was a bit more frustrating as he often is. 

Chapman looked a bit rusty but he is a livewire and showed what he is about when he burst to the byline near the end. Conway looked about 45 when he came on, weve got all these bright young talents going forward, Dack, Rothwell, Armstrong and Chapman, Conway doesnt fit in at all, hes so slow and today should be his last appearance.

Leutweiler for me could have done better with their second and got away with one when the ref gave a really cheap foul when he dropped it. He needs releasing too.

Travis was run ragged at right back and in general was below his usual standards. Davenport looked well out of his depth when he came on, but improved after half time and is certainly not afraid of a tackle.