BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Swansea - Sunday 5th May, 12:30pm

Sounds like a tale of two halves this one, could either give Mowbray the benefit of the doubt for inspiring a second half improvement or point to the fact its unacceptable that we don't start the game well. 

Still not convinced he's the man to get us up despite the decent run at the end of the season. I hope he's got a plan but I'm sceptical. We're really not far off a play off attempt with the youngsters we've got coming through, biggest transfer window Mowbray has had for us, 3 or 4 quality additions needed. 

Then there's Wankys. I actually think they'll back Mowbray with some funds so I just hope he finds some bargains as we still aren't gonna have a massive budget. Then again fucks knows with that lot. 

6 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Rothwell is the most talented footballer we have had in years. Not slagging off Dack at all, who’s goals and assists gave been incredible.

I have watched 44/46 games this season, and Rothwell is the best player at the club for me.

And therefore ridiculous that he didn't play more often earlier.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 47er said:

And therefore ridiculous that he didn't play more often earlier.

Indeed, I hope any good players we sign this summer become regular starters before next April!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Sounds like a tale of two halves this one, could either give Mowbray the benefit of the doubt for inspiring a second half improvement or point to the fact its unacceptable that we don't start the game well. 

Still not convinced he's the man to get us up despite the decent run at the end of the season. I hope he's got a plan but I'm sceptical. We're really not far off a play off attempt with the youngsters we've got coming through, biggest transfer window Mowbray has had for us, 3 or 4 quality additions needed. 

Then there's Wankys. I actually think they'll back Mowbray with some funds so I just hope he finds some bargains as we still aren't gonna have a massive budget. Then again fucks knows with that lot. 

I have a number of pals who've moved away from Blackburn in recent years and my texts to them reporting on the games I've stayed to watch have often had the same theme, "Why doesn't TM give his half-time talk before he sends the lads out for the 1st half?"

Surely in this day and age with modern technology, he's got a general idea of what style the opposition is going to play. So surely he ought to be able to send out a team for the start of a game knowing roughly who their danger-men - and their weak spots - are going to be.

So if he can tweak a game at h-t, why can't he send out a team for the first half to do from the start what our teams so often do; viz. start from half-time?

• Like 1

So there we have it 2018-19 donezo! Positive mojo needed around Ewood over the preseason, turf out the deadwood, bring in some fresh ready made players to add to the mix and stick the boy up in the Alps for a week... boot camp style.  Despite a topsy turvy match against Swansea the foundations are there.  Buzz word around the Championship is doing a "Norwich" next season, and I do believe we can be in the mix for playoffs should the team get strengthened next season.  Could be the biggest summer we have had in a while.  On the flip side we could also see the back of some familiar faces from Ewood Park whilst adding some new foreign flair. Last match review of the season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, m1st said:

I have a number of pals who've moved away from Blackburn in recent years and my texts to them reporting on the games I've stayed to watch have often had the same theme, "Why doesn't TM give his half-time talk before he sends the lads out for the 1st half?"

Surely in this day and age with modern technology, he's got a general idea of what style the opposition is going to play. So surely he ought to be able to send out a team for the start of a game knowing roughly who their danger-men - and their weak spots - are going to be.

So if he can tweak a game at h-t, why can't he send out a team for the first half to do from the start what our teams so often do; viz. start from half-time?

Though over the season I agree with you - in this match I thought we started ok. For me a lot hinged on the Bennett injury - not only did they score while he was off the field - but it seemed to disrupt the team pattern for much of the 1st half (despite previously playing there - Travis looked poor at right back - and we missed him in midfield)

• Like 4

• J*B unpinned this topic
13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think you catch my drift  I don’t collect names but I’ve sure seen better at many non league grounds than Derek Williams. Total shyte 

But there is probably a reason he has made it as a professional player and the non league players haven't. 

• Like 7

And as an international too.

Look, I don't think Williams is very good by any means, but he has played pretty well recently since going to CB, and I think he would be acceptable there next season as 3rd/4th choice, just keep him away from left back, but to say there are better players in the north west counties than him is a bit ridiculous.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

And as an international too.

Look, I don't think Williams is very good by any means, but he has played pretty well recently since going to CB, and I think he would be acceptable there next season as 3rd/4th choice, just keep him away from left back, but to say there are better players in the north west counties than him is a bit ridiculous.

Williams has become a bit of a conundrum for most of us and probably includes Mowbray. At left back he was average at best but he has excelled at centre half and been our best player over the last half dozen or so games. If we get a couple of decent centre backs he would slip down the order but maybe his form has caused Mowbray to have a rethink on recruitment in that position. 

• Backroom
4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Williams has become a bit of a conundrum for most of us and probably includes Mowbray. At left back he was average at best but he has excelled at centre half and been our best player over the last half dozen or so games. If we get a couple of decent centre backs he would slip down the order but maybe his form has caused Mowbray to have a rethink on recruitment in that position. 

I hope not. Williams has had a decent end to the season, but I'm fairly sure a Lenihan/Williams pairing over the course of a season will not be good enough to get us into playoff contention. Lenihan needs a good, experienced CB beside him to be most effective. It's an area we desperately need to strengthen in with Downing likely leaving and Mulgrew nowhere near good enough to play there anymore. Rodwell has also proven to be ineffective an a CB and may not be here next season either.

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I hope Mowbray hasn't had a re-think. The two goals we gave away on Sunday were a joke and both the fault of the CB's. 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

I hope Mowbray hasn't had a re-think. The two goals we gave away on Sunday were a joke and both the fault of the CB's. 

In fairness Lenihan slipped for the second. However the number of goals conceded over the last two seasons from crosses is ludicrous. I'd also like to see our wide players do a bit more to stop them coming in.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In fairness Lenihan slipped for the second. However the number of goals conceded over the last two seasons from crosses is ludicrous. I'd also like to see our wide players do a bit more to stop them coming in.

Agreed. AA just watched as their lad put the cross in for Swans 1st goal on Sunday. I suppose that's the price of playing 4231. There's very little protection for the full backs.