BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre-season 2019/20

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Not at all, I'd heard there'd be a home game from quite a few people, hence why I said "expected". It isn't just my opinion, but for sure it's not confirmed news.

You said the Rangers was 'expected', not the home game. But if you've heard it off 'quite a few people' then that's pretty much nailed on. 

My bad, and yes I've heard it, but of course it isn't nailed on. It's just what a lot of people are saying, it doesn't mean that those people are right. 

4 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

Some more news:
- One of those games expected to be Rangers, and the other to be a home tie.

6 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

It isn't just my opinion, but for sure it's not confirmed news.

C’mon Joe. I’m sure you are a budding blogger-cum-journo but you need to start playing with a straight bat.

If it’s not true, don’t call it news. It sounds like it is fact rather than opinion.

Your opinion is very welcome btw but just say that’s what it is. No biggie. ??

Edited by Stuart

15 hours ago, Stuart said:

C’mon Joe. I’m sure you are a budding blogger-cum-journo but you need to start playing with a straight bat.

If it’s not true, don’t call it news. It sounds like it is fact rather than opinion.

Your opinion is very welcome btw but just say that’s what it is. No biggie. ??

I think potentially this is a case of overeagerness to spot mistakes/inconsistencies. Is it the end of the world if two paragraphs above something I said "some more news", I didn't really mean news in terms of fact, more just rumour. But the semantics of it are all just subjective, and at the end of the day, aren't all that important surely?

49 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

I think potentially this is a case of overeagerness to spot mistakes/inconsistencies. Is it the end of the world if two paragraphs above something I said "some more news", I didn't really mean news in terms of fact, more just rumour. But the semantics of it are all just subjective, and at the end of the day, aren't all that important surely?

The transfer thread traditionally gets very busy throughout the Summer with everyone desperate for the early gen.

It sounds like you have designs on being a bit of a scoop-merchant. We’ve had these kinds of folks before - including a particularly infamous one who now gets his ego stroked over on Twitter (no, not you meadows). Just be aware that if you are going to blur the lines between facts (news) and fiction (opinion) your stock will fall and the board will start to get antsy with the likely mods then threatening to “bang people’s heads together”.

You seem like a decent chap and your heart is in the right place, so just preempting (so as to avoid) problems more than anything. If you want to call it eagerness that’s up to you.

Cheers.

• Like 2

On 17/05/2019 at 14:54, Stuart said:

The transfer thread traditionally gets very busy throughout the Summer with everyone desperate for the early gen.

It sounds like you have designs on being a bit of a scoop-merchant. We’ve had these kinds of folks before - including a particularly infamous one who now gets his ego stroked over on Twitter (no, not you meadows). Just be aware that if you are going to blur the lines between facts (news) and fiction (opinion) your stock will fall and the board will start to get antsy with the likely mods then threatening to “bang people’s heads together”.

You seem like a decent chap and your heart is in the right place, so just preempting (so as to avoid) problems more than anything. If you want to call it eagerness that’s up to you.

Cheers.

I don't know whether 'scoop-merchant' is the word I'd use. But at the end of the day, they're opinion articles. Some are more factual, and some have legs, and some are just opinion pieces. I don't post them on here, other people have copied them into the Transfers chat - I wouldn't and haven't promoted most of what I've written here, because I don't want to confuse people.

29 minutes ago, rigger said:

Any update on a Rangers fixture, I heard from a Rangers supporting colleague at work that it was looking unlikely ?

I was told that it was due to happen but that Rangers had pulled the plug owing to other options and as such we were left 'in the lurch' trying to find someone else to play. Hence the delay in announcing the other friendlies after the 4 already announced.

Expect some dross instead. My bet is on one of Carlisle, Bradford or Oldham.

53 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I was told that it was due to happen but that Rangers had pulled the plug owing to other options and as such we were left 'in the lurch' trying to find someone else to play. Hence the delay in announcing the other friendlies after the 4 already announced.

Glamour tie against a “top team” like Norwich or Sheffield United, I expect.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I have been told it may have been called off due to Rangers having Euro qualifiers.

Just now, rigger said:

I have been told it may have been called off due to Rangers having Euro qualifiers.

Possibly. Though surely they've known for a long time they were going to be participating in those barring a disaster?

Just now, rigger said:

That doesn’t usually stop them or Celtic from playing pre season friendlies. The date pencilled in was a Sunday, which shouldn’t impinge on Europa League qualifiers at all really.

Just now, JHRover said:

Mansfield away on 17th July (Wednesday).

So only one slot left to fill. So far 1 Conference club, 3 League Two Clubs and a League One club.

And the connection this time is we sold Tomlinson to them in January. Links like that through all of them so far. Would be nice if we could organise one without.

Is it a conscious decision by the club to play all pre season games against lower league opposition and away from ewood or some sort cock up? 

We had liverpool and Everton at Ewood last summer. They were a good test and had a decent crowd

Surely some of these friendlies must be for the young and front players and we have a couple of first team fixtures in the pipeline.

These opponents are not much of a test apart from match fitness.

We need a spark of some sort.

36 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Didn’t Mowbray say in his first summer that just playing lower league sides was not the his preferred way to do pre-season?

Ergo last summer we played Liverpool and Everton.

As much as I like the bloke surely we have learned by now that Mowbray says a lot of things.

Top 2-6 aim, get our business done early, ready made first choice players to come in, playing stronger sides in pre season yada yada yada