BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre-season 2019/20

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Looking forward to it. Shame it's a Sunday but might have to book the Monday off work. Going up on the train. Something to look forward to from pre-season at least. Been waiting a long time to go to Ibrox.

Don't think there'll be anything to worry about allocation wise going off what it was like for the dingles the other year.

I seem to remember in the recesses of my mind, Ewood's three sides were based loosely on the Ibrox model.

On 05/06/2019 at 17:30, JoeHarvey said:

With Rangers now confirmed I'd say that'll be our lot. Funny, Rangers fans complaining about too many home games and no away, and we're likely to be the other way around, with no home fixture. 

Crikey, look at these line-ups from a home game vs Girona just a few pre-season's ago... URGH how far we've come

https://www.skysports.com/football/blackburn-vs-barcelona/20720

Edited by jodrell

For anyone thinking of staying overnight in Glasgow for the Rangers game, Premier Inn at Charing Cross normally have great deals on. 

If anyone knows me in the real world I’ll be delighted to catch up with you while you’re in my adopted city.

• Like 2

On 04/05/2019 at 09:54, matt83 said:

This summer I've got a wedding on the 20th of July so for anyone thinking of going get that weekend booked. If it’s on its bound to be then. 

I just bloody knew it. Sod’s law had this fixture weekend decided for me before the regular season had even finished. 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

but the game is on the 21st.

This is true but the wedding is in Exeter and there’s no trains, no flights and after a skin full don’t fancy driving 7-8 hours and 450 miles to Glasgow. Technically could make it but would be a mission of endurance than enjoyment. 

No doubt if the game was Exeter away I’d be at a wedding in Glasgow. 

Who's going to Rochdale then? Can imagine on the day sales will be nice and high with there not being a reported price hike. Was a great atmosphere in 17/18 when we took that entire side stand.

Back in 2013 or 2014 going into a Championship season we'd have had a good following at places like Rochdale and Bury for pre-season friendlies. Maybe 2014 when we had Bury and filled most of the stand behind the goal.

Given we've been to these grounds half a dozen times now over the last 5-6 years the novelty will have worn off and i can't see there being more than a few hundred. When you play the same old sides every summer people will get bored with it. Playing them both in the league season before last will probably diminish it too. 

Only ones i can see being well attended are Rangers and Blackpool, for obvious reasons. The others will be poorly attended.

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Acc Stanley have arranged a friendly in Manchester v Marseille. 

whilst were playing league 1 and 2 clubs.....

This seems to be something done by their owner. He heard Marseille were going to be in the area that week as they are training at St Georges Park so he got in touch with Marseille himself and asked if they'd be willing to play Stanley. The fact that Stanley's ground isn't going to be ready isn't a problem as they're hiring Salford's stadium instead.

The team Marseille are putting out is immaterial. It's a showpiece fixture for Stanley and a good way to increase their profile.

I wonder what attempts our owners or executive staff have made to set friendlies up against high profile opposition in an attempt to expand our profile? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It was on the North West BBC news this morning.

Clever PR, as always.

Just shows the difference when you have a committed owner fighting your corner, not an administrator.

Clever as you say Matt. The guy interviewed was Dave Burgess who is their Chief Exec. He knows the game as he played and managed at a high level but more importantly he knows local people as he hails from Clitheroe. He was head hunted by Holt due to these qualities and has played a big part in Stanley's success.

Accrington Stanley v Marseille is something nobody could have foreseen.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It was on the North West BBC news this morning.

Clever PR, as always.

Just shows the difference when you have a committed owner fighting your corner, not an administrator.

As you mentioned its as much about PR for the club and a bit of excitement for the fans than what the players will benefit from the game. Our PR and marketing departments seem completely unambitious/lazy. Pretty sure if we tried we could have had a decent pre-season home game to get a bit of buzz going for the new season. 

Edited by benhben

Does frustrate when Stanley can manage to get the likes of Marseille and we can barely pull together a game against Rangers. Surprising given we managed Liverpool and Everton last season.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Does frustrate when Stanley can manage to get the likes of Marseille and we can barely pull together a game against Rangers. Surprising given we managed Liverpool and Everton last season.

Comes down to effort. Stanley have an owner trying to grow and progress his club. We don't.