BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre-season 2019/20

39 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Rangers on General sale from tomorrow. £15. 1,000 initial allocation.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/june/pre-season-ticket-news-rangers-a/

Just call them Scottish team, club, side etc. No need for Scottish 'giants'. Whatever your views on them I always think that sort of language from official club media is embarrassing.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

Just call them Scottish team, club, side etc. No need for Scottish 'giants'. Whatever your views on them I always think that sort of language from official club media is embarrassing.

Europe’s most successful team trophy wise so technically a Giant. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Says more about the ridiculously lopsided  Scottish game than anything else.

Coach loads of people from every town in Scotland going to Glasgow every weekend instead of supporting their local sides.

Not sure that ties in to be honest. So you accept they’re the most successful but due to bus loaded support?!

How does that work?

Rangers pockets such as Bellshill and Coatbridge by population alone would fill Ibrox. I don’t think they bus that far at all evidenced by the 1000 tickets only rovers have got for the friendly.

Rarely see Ibrox not packed out 

Yes. The Old Firm fanbases are full of glory hunters from outside Glasgow

. Ergo they are much bigger clubs than the rest as most towns in Scotland are rife with Old Firm fans to the detriment to that town’s football club. Plus there is the NI/RoI fanbases coming over for games.

Full houses prove the point. You honestly think most of the 100,000+ that watch them in the grounds come from Glasgow? Do you, by the way? For a supposed Scottish football expert I’m surprised that you don’t seem to be aware of the massive Celtic and Rangers supporters associations that arrange travel to matches from most towns in Scotland.

Good luck to them, but it is no surprise therefore that they have utterly dominated the game up there for 100+ years 

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Europe’s most successful team trophy wise so technically a Giant. 

Agreed. But I don't see why Rovers feel the need to say it, as though we should be grateful to be playing them. I'd expect magazines and media to describe them as giants but not a club of our stature. 

Then again after the West Ham 'Premier League giants' slap in the face nothing should surprise me.

• Like 2

As a paid-up Old Fogey, I always ring the ticket office wherever possible.

Getting an online ticket for Barrow a week on Saturday - I need a seat - was indeed a real 'pain in the star' (Thanks for that phrase, oldgregg; I'd not heard it before. I'll be using it again. And again!?)

Also potential problems for those of us who need assistance, particularly at the larger grounds. [Ibrox more than Holker Street!]

Can't believe it's two whole years since the Barrow (A) friendly just before our League One campaign. Feels like yesterday! Great day out that was, shame I can't go to that one this year.

Just now, Blue n whites said:

Saying online non are available. I take it they are sold out.

If so you reckon we will get any more. Obviously I'll phone the office 

For Rangers? Doubt they'll have sold 1000 in 2 days, probably just run out of online sales and need to add more, or an error with the website. 

If they do manage to shift 1000 there will be more made available, provided it isn't a couple of days before the game.

It says that for every away game online at some stage, there will be plenty available over the phone.

Plus, if the 1000 had sold out the club would be crowing about it on every social media platform available.