BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre-season 2019/20

On 01/07/2019 at 12:19, JHRover said:

Anybody heard anything about Bury? Last time I checked we were their only pre season fixture and their staff were being told to stay away from Gigg Lane. 

Could that one be in doubt?

Speaking to a pal who's a Bury fan, who said that apparently only 6 players had turned up for training today and none of the ground staff. The pitches hadn't been cut or marked out.

Based on that, you'd guess the pre-season match must be in doubt.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

Probably move it to Ewood and have it on that One Rovers day, we’ll go young and they’ll bring Academy lads to fulfil it probably.

11 hours ago, benhben said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/gallery-the-final-session/

Anyone seen the photos from the final austria training session? Theres a couple of photos of Chapman sat on the sidelines looking sad and no other pics of him joinign in the rest of the squad. Theres a pic at the end of him doing some boxing on his own with a coach.

Wonder if his hamstring is still made of string. 

Just looked at the photos - everyone looks pretty miserable, including Mowbray.  

8 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Just looked at the photos - everyone looks pretty miserable, including Mowbray.  

Hopefully the players look miserable because they have been worked hard and are coming back fitter than ever . I'd rather see that than joking around. Don't worry about tony , he just found out he can't get lemon drizzle in Austria and his wife hasn't packed his back up fix

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I assume most of the stand behind the goal will be empty, so no idea why they don’t give a few hundred more...

Exactly what I was thinking. They're obviously not going to sell it out. They have Derby and Marseille at home too, so you can be sure of that (side note - why do we only ever have one home friendly?). They're just cheating themselves of a bit more money and atmosphere, and cheating some fans who'd like to go, if they don't give out more tickets.

Surprised we are selling that many for a friendly in Scotland, personally, but hey if the demand is there. Maybe it's due to there being no 'prestige' friendly at home this year.

New ground for us, and a famous old one.

A bit like when we drew Celtic in the UEFA Cup and Williams asked for a smaller allocation (2,700) because we would’ve had to pay in advance for more and he thought that would be adequate.

So what happens? Thousands descend on the ticket office and they even had to open up the Blackburn End concourse!

Typical Rovers fans!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

New ground for us, and a famous old one.

A bit like when we drew Celtic in the UEFA Cup and Williams asked for a smaller allocation (2,700) because we would’ve had to pay in advance for more and he thought that would be adequate.

So what happens? Thousands descend on the ticket office and they even had to open up the Blackburn End concourse!

Typical Rovers fans!

Sold out that game in three Hours...Radio Lancashire giving out message for fans to stop going to Ewood for tickets!

I was one of the lucky ones who started queuing at 6:00 am,some had been there from midnight.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Me too! Weren’t they selling bacon butties on the concourse?

My memory from queuing at silly o'clock was a well prepared Rovers fan in a camping chair reading Cas Pennant's autobiography. It's strange what jolts the memory.

I remember the food outlets being open but not what they had on offer.

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I assume most of the stand behind the goal will be empty, so no idea why they don’t give a few hundred more...

Rangers have sold out the home end. We are obviously a bigger attraction than burnley.

Screenshot_20190704-221120.png

Edited by AAK

11 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Just wondering if Radio Lonsdale will cover the game at Barrow like they did a couple of seasons ago.

http://radio-lonsdale.co.uk/show/sportzone-with-adam-johnson/

I think they are planning on covering it, i commentate for BBC Radio Cumbria now so don't know for certain, i know we are just extended updates for the game but last conversation i had with the lad who does the lonsdale commentaries was that they were hoping to do the friendly games

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adam1875 said:

I think they are planning on covering it, i commentate for BBC Radio Cumbria now so don't know for certain, i know we are just extended updates for the game but last conversation i had with the lad who does the lonsdale commentaries was that they were hoping to do the friendly games

Thanks. Can't see anything listed on their website yet so will log on tomorrow near KO time to check again, fingers crossed.

21 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Sold out that game in three Hours...Radio Lancashire giving out message for fans to stop going to Ewood for tickets!

I was one of the lucky ones who started queuing at 6:00 am,some had been there from midnight.

You wouldn't have needed to queue if you had gone to Sofia ?

Edited by Will