BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre-season 2019/20

Just now, Mattyblue said:

No scouts involved with Adam.

He rang Mowbray himself...

BE26B91C-39FB-4F87-AEE4-16876E22E876.thumb.jpeg.335e036cadcc61d7d788b0afdf559b42.jpeg

(You know it’s bad when you photoshop Yosser’s tash onto someone and you can barely tell!)

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This thread is about pre season games and it's a comment about how somebody played. As we aren't playing anybody of note how do you propose we judge players?

FFS

? Sorry, my over zealous reaction

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Assuming we haven’t had scouts looking at players, which as we all know is completely pointless, then you’d have to look at things like experience, fitness, potential (short and long term), most recent season, circumstances, and the contract terms they would require.

You do not judge them on performances against teams two divisions lower and more.

Even on a pay as you play he would be taking up a squad place so he needs to be able to deliver success on the pitch in the second tier of English football this season. Rodwell had some credibility because of his age and potential, while Adam would be an emotional signing rather than a sensible one. A huge gamble.

The comments about Adam have been taken right out of context. In this, the pre season thread, there has been praise of his performance because he was the best player on the pitch. I haven't seen a word on here about giving him a contract but simply praise for his display from some people who were there.

And those thoughts are pretty much echoed by Mowbray in his post match interview.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Stuart - how can a pre-friendly at Barrow, which we won, be in any sense, "a huge concern."  

A Championship side winning  against non-league opposition should be a given.

The concern is that the only person who stood out (by far) is a past-it trialist.

I’m hoping we drop our interest very soon and prioritise bringing in the defender that we need.

And that assumes we have a keeper lined up.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

The comments about Adam have been taken right out of context. In this, the pre season thread, there has been praise of his performance because he was the best player on the pitch. I haven't seen a word on here about giving him a contract but simply praise for his display from some people who were there.

And those thoughts are pretty much echoed by Mowbray in his post match interview.

Granted, and in the context of the thread that’s fair. I just hope that Mowbray’s head hasn’t been turned.

The trouble is that he’s the kind of manager who spends £7m on someone whose biggest achievement was that he gave Conway and Williams a hard time in one match.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

A Championship side winning  against non-league opposition should be a given.

The concern is that the only person who stood out (by far) is a past-it trialist.

I’m hoping we drop our interest very soon and prioritise bringing in the defender that we need.

And that assumes we have a keeper lined up.

Sorry, still pondering what your "huge concern" is.  Frankly I think you're making it up, for effect.

Edited by Paul Mellelieu
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Granted, and in the context of the thread that’s fair. I just hope that Mowbray’s head hasn’t been turned.

The trouble is that he’s the kind of manager who spends £7m on someone whose biggest achievement was that he gave Conway and Williams a hard time in one match.

Feeney and Williams, get it right.

7 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Sorry, still pondering what your "huge concern" is.  Frankly I think you're making it up, for effect.

A bit like this argument you are trying to invent. :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, Stuart said:

I'd say his biggest achievement was getting man of the match when Forest knocked arsenal out of the FA Cup... Or being top scorer at the under 19 euros. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, rigger said:

I have been away on holiday, when I logged in to Rovers on my return I have found out that the Rangers game is sold out. If anyone has or knows of a ticket going spare could you let me know. 

Just a heads up Rovers fans if you can't get tickets..

Rangers had a pay on the gate stand today v Oxford,don't think you'd get much hassle if sensible.

Rangers battered 'em 5-0 btw!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Rangers had a pay on the gate stand today v Oxford,don't think you'd get much hassle if sensible.

Rangers' battered 'em 5-0 btw!

I hate being a pessimist - not in me nature, guv! - but what'll it do for our, let alone the players', morale if we're on the wrong end of a scoreline like that a fortnight today?!?

As we may well be if current problems haven't been addressed.

It'll be a lo-o-ong journey home.

Just now, m1st said:

I hate being a pessimist - not in me nature, guv! - but what'll it do for our, let alone the players', morale if we're on the wrong end of a scoreline like that a fortnight today?!?

As we may well be if current problems haven't been addressed.

It'll be a lo-o-ong journey home.

3 days after their European game I’d be astonished if we’re not playing their reserves. Therefore, a hiding is unlikely. That or truly humiliating. 

13 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Rangers battered 'em 5-0 btw!

Yeah, that's oxford and they are shyte

• Like 1

A friendly welcome from the Bears....

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/rangers-v-rovers.81135/#post-3900032

And a message to Rovers fans from Robert Marshall who runs the famous Louden pub.....

''Hi mate, 
Robert Marshall from The Louden, if any of your lads ( or girls ) want to come to The Louden on the day of the match, they will be welcome.
We are the most Famous Rangers Supporters Bar there is and being so close to the ground we are always quite full. But we have 50 staff who work on matchdays so you will always get served quickly.
We have 3 different sections, Bar, Lounge and beer garden and can hold over 1000 people."

http://www.thelouden.co.uk/index.html

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A friendly welcome from the Bears....

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/rangers-v-rovers.81135/#post-3900032

And a message to Rovers fans from Robert Marshall who runs the famous Louden pub.....

''Hi mate, 
Robert Marshall from The Louden, if any of your lads ( or girls ) want to come to The Louden on the day of the match, they will be welcome.
We are the most Famous Rangers Supporters Bar there is and being so close to the ground we are always quite full. But we have 50 staff who work on matchdays so you will always get served quickly.
We have 3 different sections, Bar, Lounge and beer garden and can hold over 1000 people."

http://www.thelouden.co.uk/index.html

Personally I'd rather avoid that - it only takes one dickhead and Rangers have plenty of those among their support. Anyone coming up on the train can nip into either Kitty O'Sheas on Waterloo Street or there's a Wetherspoons on the corner of Hope Street and Argyle Street called the Sir John Moore, both literally right next to the train station. The Wetherspoons has scaffolding around it at the moment but it is still open as usual. There are also a couple of pubs on Hope Street between those two. We will have my partner's kids with us so are likely to be in the Wetherspoons (Kittys is my 'local' and there will be no Rangers fans in there!)

Edited by oldjamfan1