BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre-season 2019/20

On 10/07/2019 at 09:26, Mattyblue said:

Reading this doesn’t make the Bury game sound too promising...

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/17748515.comment-major-job-sgt-wilko-tries-sort-shakers-mess/

What are the odds on a throwback to that staple of late-1950s pre-seasons: Probables v. Possibles, being played behind closed doors at Brockhall??

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Think Leeds are away in Austria so will likely be one for the kids left behind.

They are  due in Australia (might be here already) , playing Man United in a friendly in Perth next Wednesday, then playing one of the Sydney teams in Sydney later in the week 

ManUre already here , think i saw it briefly mentioned in newspaper on tv etc  (sarcasm :))

Edited by perthblue02

Just now, Ossydave said:

Are we, as in the squad, actually doing something different this weekend in light of our friendly being cancelled? Or is Tony just taking his missus Cleethorpes for a run out or something?

Playing Rochdale this morning at Brockhall.

7 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Anyone know what the score was against Leeds and who played? 

EDIT

Won 2-1 goalscorers Vale & Adam

Hilton 

Aynsley Wharton Platt Thompson

Mols Davenport Adam Vale

Butterfield

Nuttall

Edited by SkipDonoghue
Update
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Anyone know the result? 

5-1

3-0 half time

Brereton scored 2, i.2nd half, two different teams 1st and 2nd half, much younger 2nd half

Magloire, Buckley, Rankin-Costello, Butterworth, Brereton, Rothwell with Mulgrew, Smallwood, Johnson, Hart played full 90

1st half

Bennett Lenihan Grayson Hart

Evans Travis Downing 

Armstrong Dack

Graham

Don't know who scored

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

5-1

3-0 half time

Brereton scored 2, i.2nd half, two different teams 1st and 2nd half, much younger 2nd half

Magloire, Buckley, Rankin-Costello, Butterworth, Brereton, Rothwell with Mulgrew, Smallwood, Johnson, Hart played full 90

1st half

Evans Travis Downing 

Armstrong Dack

Graham

Don't know who scored

Thanks. No sign of Williams or Bell yet. Williams missed the Austria trip as his wife was expecting but I haven't seen him on any of the photographs from pre season at Brockhall yet. Mysterious. Hopefully playing Hart for 90 minutes isn't a prelude to him starting on August 3rd.

34 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

5-1

3-0 half time

1st half

Evans Travis Downing 

Armstrong Dack

Graham

Don't know who scored

Cheers.

Although surely Evans and Smallwood shouldn’t be featuring in these preparation games as much as they are. That can’t be a good sign as it means we are struggling to find buyers.

Only Rochdale but good to see Brereton scoring, that will grow his confidence. Was he in a striker role or wide?

Just now, Stuart said:

Cheers.

Although surely Evans and Smallwood shouldn’t be featuring in these preparation games as much as they are. That can’t be a good sign as it means we are struggling to find buyers.

Only Rochdale but good to see Brereton scoring, that will grow his confidence. Was he in a striker role or wide?

To find buyers you have to go and seek them, not happening I don't think it'd be no surprise whatsoever to see them both start first game next season with the two newbies on the bench. I fear rotation will be in overdrive game in game out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

To find buyers you have to go and seek them, not happening I don't think it'd be no surprise whatsoever to see them both start first game next season with the two newbies on the bench. I fear rotation will be in overdrive game in game out.

In my view, Tony can’t manage a large squad because of his nice guy approach. He tried to keep everyone happy last season and we’d have players in and out and couldn’t get any consistency. (Except of course for that dreadful run after the window closed).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Thanks. No sign of Williams or Bell yet. Williams missed the Austria trip as his wife was expecting but I haven't seen him on any of the photographs from pre season at Brockhall yet. Mysterious. Hopefully playing Hart for 90 minutes isn't a prelude to him starting on August 3rd.

Hart will leave on a permanent, destination unknown,

Bell is a funny one, I've heard that Celtic are sniffing around him amongst others especially if Arsenal sign Tierney but it's a long shot

43 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Cheers.

Brereton was down the middle and had a decent game, with Butterworth behind

Rankin-Costello was the standout 2nd half bombing forward from right back, looks promising

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

In my view, Tony can’t manage a large squad because of his nice guy approach. He tried to keep everyone happy last season and we’d have players in and out and couldn’t get any consistency. (Except of course for that dreadful run after the window closed).

His options in the forwards and midfield is quite eye watering now, options in defence almost non existent.  It's going to be interesting.

36 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Rovers pay good wages and some some players on £10k/week plus

Trying to move players into L1 etc who are on this kind of money isn't easy as can be imagined so you're looking at Championship level and above and there won't be many takers for certain players who may be surplus so it's not simple moving players on