BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre-season 2019/20

Enjoyable enough night at Mansfield and the youngsters looked impressive over 90 minutes.  Butterworth and Buckley looked very comfortable at this level and coped with some physical challenges.  Andy Fisher made some excellent saves in the second half.  A night when Mowbray gave the young players game time, and left the likes of Mulgrew and Dack on the bench, and in fairness they did exceptionally well against decent opposition.  I suspect Sunday will be the time when we see an eleven that will give us an idea as to the players who will be starting the League season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/boss-impressed-with-young-full-backs/

Mowbray talking about Hart and Rankin-Costello. I read it as Hart going out on loan but interestingly no mention of a loan for Rankin-Costello. I wonder if we will see him start the season as right back or wing back.

Not as long as Elliot Bennett is around.

• Like 1

Not sure whether i’ll be online again between now and Sunday so if anyone who knows me in the real world fancies catching up for a pre match pint and chat we will be in the Sir John Moore Wetherspoons on the corner of Hope St and Argyle St (go down the escalator near platforms 14 and 15 at central station and turn left out of the station and it’s right in front of you - complete with scaffolding but it is open!). Should be there from about 1pm.

COME ON YOU BLUES!

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&source=hp&ei=ZtsxXZKAGq2GjLsPtvqn-A0&q=sir+john+moore+glasgow&oq=sir+john+moore+&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.0.0l8.1743.5066..7003...0.0..0.168.1794.6j9......0....1.......2..41j0i131j46i131j46j46i131i275j0i10.i-Fh-hmjSYw#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:12235573008875087919,rc_q:The%20Sir%20John%20Moore,ru_q:The%20Sir%20John%20Moore

Edited by oldjamfan1

Team I'd like to see on Sunday

--------------------------Fisher

Nyambe----Lenihan---Magloire-----Bell

----------------Travis--------Johnson

----Downing--------Dack---------Rothwell

-----------------------Gallagher

Bring on during the game :

Graham, Armstrong, Buckley, Evans, Hart, Butterworth, Brereton Williams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Team I'd like to see on Sunday

--------------------------Fisher

Nyambe----Lenihan---Magloire-----Bell

----------------Travis--------Johnson

----Downing--------Dack---------Rothwell

-----------------------Gallagher

Bring on during the game :

Graham, Armstrong, Buckley, Evans, Hart, Butterworth, Brereton Williams.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I'd like to see     ---------------FISHER

------NYAMBE---------LENIHAN-----------MAGLOIRE

------------TRAVIS-----------JOHNSON

----CHAPMAN------DACK----------ROTHWELL

---------BRERETON-------GALLAGHER

Like both.

Get a centre half and a keeper and we are pissing this league.

Edited by S8 & Blue

On 09/07/2019 at 10:29, oldjamfan1 said:

Personally I'd rather avoid that - it only takes one dickhead and Rangers have plenty of those among their support. Anyone coming up on the train can nip into either Kitty O'Sheas on Waterloo Street or there's a Wetherspoons on the corner of Hope Street and Argyle Street called the Sir John Moore, both literally right next to the train station. The Wetherspoons has scaffolding around it at the moment but it is still open as usual. There are also a couple of pubs on Hope Street between those two. We will have my partner's kids with us so are likely to be in the Wetherspoons (Kittys is my 'local' and there will be no Rangers fans in there!)

You are talking absolute nonsense, We have had The Louden for seven years and have never had any bother apart from Republican Sectarian Grafitti ( 8 times )

We have one of the most up todate CCTV systems as well as 18 Stewards. e also boast some of the best Memorabilia in any UK Football Venues and have various atricles published about us including the magazine 442. we were also voted ' The Best Supporters Pub' in Scotland. ( by a non Rangers fan )

We always welcome any English Fans, probably the only Support in Scotland that does.

There are only a few rules that we enforce and that is ' No add ons' FTP and the IRA etc. We ask two things, play to the same rules as The Rangers Fans and enjoy yourselves.

You will even get the chance of a free Cheese Roll or Scotch Pie.

PS it is 18 and over in our premises.

Wether you come to The Louden or not. Enjoy your day.

Edited by The Louden Tavern
Spelling
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, The Louden Tavern said:

You are talking absolute nonsense, We have had The Louden for seven years and have never had any bother apart from Republican Sectarian Grafitti ( 8 times )

We have one of the most up todate CCTV systems as well as 18 Stewards. e also boast some of the best Memorabilia in any UK Football Venues and have various atricles published about us including the magazine 442. we were also voted ' The Best Supporters Pub' in Scotland. ( by a non Rangers fan )

We always welcome any English Fans, probably the only Support in Scotland that does.

There are only a few rules that we enforce and that is ' No add ons' FTP and the IRA etc. We ask two things, play to the same rules as The Rangers Fans and enjoy yourselves.

You will even get the chance of a free Cheese Roll or Scotch Pie.

PS it is 18 and over in our premises.

Wether you come to The Louden or not. Enjoy your day.

It wasn’t a dig at your pub friend, it was a general comment on the shite that surrounds both sides of the old firm. Having lived in Glasgow for 25 years and dealt with some of the consequences of the nonsense I can categorically tell my fellow Rovers fans that I am not talking nonsense and there are indeed many dickheads among Rangers support (and Celtic’s).

Again, to clarify I wasn’t criticising your establishment, I’ve been in there a couple of times with Rangers supporting friends, but please don’t try and pretend that sectarian bile in glasgow and the west of Scotland is one-sided...

Hope you have a fruitful day business-wise but that your team gets dicked ?

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 2

Advanced issues found

18 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It wasn’t a dig at your pub friend, it was a general comment on the shite that surrounds both sides of the old firm. Having lived in Glasgow for 25 years and dealt with some of the consequences of the nonsense I can categorically tell my fellow Rovers fans that I am not talking nonsense and there are indeed many dickheads among Rangers support (and Celtic’s).

Again, to clarify I wasn’t criticising your establishment, I’ve been in there a couple of times with Rangers supporting friends, but please don’t try and pretend that sectarian bile in glasgow and the west of Scotland is one-sided...

Hope you have a fruitful day business-wise but that your team gets dicked ?

Well if you have been in yiu will know that we run a very tight, but relaxed Pub, Sectarianism is like Cocaine, it's a society problem but because our two top Clubs have so many fans you tend to have more @problematic ' ones.

In recent past we have had quite a few English lads up, Liverpool, Manchester City, Newcastle and quite a few others ,even the Ladswho follow your National team and never had a problem. Anyone that comes To Ibrox will always have a good day. A few Blackburn boys have been to Ibrox, infact I introduced one to Greame Souness last season, he was delighted, the fan, not Souness lol