BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre-season 2019/20

14 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Rich Sharpe just tweeted that the 5-1 vs Rochdale goalscoerers were Lenihan, Graham and Hart in 1st Half (3-1 at H/T) and Brereton with 2 in the second half.

So 4-4 was fake news? You need to watch out for that on here big time...

Hart eh.... and Brereton 2?? Good stuff  

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So 4-4 was fake news? You need to watch out for that on here big time...

Hart eh.... and Brereton 2?? Good stuff  

I think Hart will be kept around as back up left back. Which i'm not too unhappy about, I would literally play anyone there than have Williams at left back.

• Like 1

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I think Hart will be kept around as back up left back. Which i'm not too unhappy about, I would literally play anyone there than have Williams at left back.

Hart is a player who a couple of posters wrote off with little to back it up and then this was continued by others who also hadn't seen him play. Reports from the clubs where he was on loan were good.

Williams isn't a good left back at this level. I agree having another option there would be great. 

Hart is a player who a couple of posters wrote off with little to back it up and then this was continued by others who also hadn't seen him play. Reports from the clubs where he was on loan were good.

Williams isn't a good left back at this level. I agree having another option there would be great. 

If he's half decent then he's a cheap option to pad the squad out a bit. I'd have preferred a new left and right back option along with the centre half but Tony has assigned the budget elsewhere.

Just now, philipl said:

So we know the score in a game taking place next week was 4-4?

I don't think so. 

think we played a 'behind closed doors' game which apparently ended with that score last week against a team we're supposed to be playing in a pre-season friendly at their ground a week on Wednesday.

Or were you being ironic, Philipl? ?

Where did you watch him out of interest? 

Our u23s, that checkatrade nonsense, first  team cameos

im not saying he may have not improved in his loans spells. I hope he has,  in the 4 or five games I saw him ( bearing in Mind the level of opposition) he looked like a kid who had won a competition. I was shocked he was a professional footballer and that’s the first time i have ever thought that about a player. I don’t think I’ve ever wrote a player off after 90 minutes but he was very poor.

to get a place in any of the 92 shocked me so I admit he must have improved.

i guess I will see for myself over pre season but I’d be shocked if he was good enough , even as back up, for our first team.

Edited by Oldgregg86

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Our u23s, that checkatrade nonsense, 

im not saying he may have not improved in his loans spells. I hope he has,  in the 4 or five games I saw him ( bearing in Ming the level of opposition) he looked like a kid who had won a competition. I was shocked he was a professional footballer and that’s the first time i have ever thought that about a player. I don’t think I’ve ever wrote a player off after 90 minutes but he was very poor.

to get a place in any of the 92 shocked me so I admit he must have improved.

i guess I will see for myself over pre season but I’d be shocked if he was good enough , even as back up, for our first team.

Ah ok, you go to the under 23 games? Fair enough. 

Ya, he got good reviews from League 1 last year, so he must have done alright. Hopefully get a proper look in pre-season 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He isn't good enough by a million miles. That much was obvious within 10 minutes of his debut. He's been on loan at two garbage League One sides that barely avoided relegation to League Two.

We need much, much better, unless we just want to waste our season giving players a chance in the hope they attract interest from elsewhere. That's the only logic I can see in giving him a new deal.

• Like 1

Good to see Ben scoring a few albeit against lower league opposition hopefully this can continue for the rest of pre season and into the start of the new season. Buying Gallagher might be the kick up the backside he needed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Absolute joke that Rovers themselves don't even state the score or tweet it out.

Completely agree. Meanwhile Rochdale are still going ahead with their game this week v Huddersfield. So much for the pitch not being fit!

• Like 2

The u-23s have now had their friendly with Southport called off due to pitch resurfacing issues. Not saying there is some odd conspiracy (Southport have also cancelled their Blackpool fixture for starters) but this is weird. I can't remember this ever happening to us before? Now it's happened to our first and second team, at two different clubs.

Maybe the same pitch consultant referred to in today's LT article about it advised both clubs?

43 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The u-23s have now had their friendly with Southport called off due to pitch resurfacing issues. Not saying there is some odd conspiracy (Southport have also cancelled their Blackpool fixture for starters) but this is weird. I can't remember this ever happening to us before? Now it's happened to our first and second team, at two different clubs.

Maybe the same pitch consultant referred to in today's LT article about it advised both clubs?

No one likes us, we don’t care ?

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The game has been moved to Brockhall and is open to the public. It's still on the 28th ko 1pm.

• Like 1